Fadeaway 3 Team Blockbuster: TOR - MIA - N.O.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Evermore
Banned User
And1: 0

Fadeaway 3 Team Blockbuster: TOR - MIA - N.O. 

Post#1 » by Evermore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Toronto outgoing: Chris Bosh
Toronto incoming: Emeka Okafor, Michael Beasley

Miami outgoing: Jermaine O'Neal, Michael Beasley, James Jones
Miami incoming: Chris Bosh, James Posey, Morris Peterson, Darius Songalia

New Orleans outgoing: Emeka Okafor, James Posey, Morris Peterson, Darius Songalia
New Orleans incoming: Jermaine O'Neal, James Jones

Case for Toronto: They get 2 former 2nd overall picks in return for Chris Bosh rather than lose him for nothing via free-agency. Colangelo's next task would be finding a new home for Hedo to make room for Beasley at SF. Easier said than done...

Calderon/Jack
DeRozan/Belinelli/Wright
Hedo/Beasley
Bargnani/Beasley/Evans
Okafor/Bargnani

Case for Miami: They pair Wade with Bosh to form to best 1-2 punch in the NBA. Posey would excel as a role player in Miami. They give up James Jones' longterm deal in favour of Peterson's shorter contract...

Chalmers
Wade
Posey/Peterson
Haslem
Bosh

Case for New Orleans: They get Jermaine O'Neal's 23 million dollar expiring contract while shedding he contracts of Okafor, Posey and Peterson. Bringing in James Jones for the longterm is a small price to pay...

Paul
Brown
Wright
West
O'Neal

Your thoughts?
rotWILDCAT
Sophomore

Re: Fadeaway 3 Team Blockbuster: TOR - MIA - N.O. 

Post#2 » by rotWILDCAT » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm

As a Raptors fan I would have to say I would do this trade, we get a solid rebounder/defender, and a guy that can play time at 3/4 as a 6th man with huge upside..... as a whole Bargnani, Okafor and Beasley is a better front line than Bosh/Bargnani...especially since we hold onto all other assets like reggie and Amir.....

Calderon/Jack
DeRozan/Belinelli/Wright
Hedo/Beasley/Wright
Bargnani/Beasley/Evans/Amir
Okafor/Bargnani/Rasho

That is a solid all around team, with a ton of depth.
rotWILDCAT
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#3 » by inrapscity » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:49 pm

no way am i helping miami get bosh.

miami shouldn't be able to get bosh for JO+Beasley so hellz no to this trade.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 pm

IF Bosh goes Toronto would be wanting a SG in return not a tweener like Beasley with off the court problems. Beasley has a lot of potential but I don't do this if I am Toronto. Oak's value maybe at a all time low. Why would you want your best players to all be at the same position the 4? Makes no sense why not trade the rest of the team for LMA? and have a all PF team.

Miami gets too much in return for a big expiring and Beasley. Posey + Mo Pete would be much improved thanks to Wade's play.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Evermore
Banned User

Post#5 » by Evermore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 pm

inrapscity wrote:no way am i helping miami get bosh.

a) Bosh may not re-sign with Miami...meaning they've given up Beasley for a 1 year rental and took on additional salary. This trade could easily backfire for the Heat...

b) Bosh can just sign with Miami next summer...and Toronto will lose him for nothing

If anything...Miami might be saying..."We're not gonna help Toronto re-build...let's just sign Bosh next summer when it won't cost us players"
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,126

Post#6 » by positivetension » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:21 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:IF Bosh goes Toronto would be wanting a SG in return not a tweener like Beasley with off the court problems. Beasley has a lot of potential but I don't do this if I am Toronto. Oak's value maybe at a all time low. Why would you want your best players to all be at the same position the 4? Makes no sense why not trade the rest of the team for LMA? and have a all PF team.

Miami gets too much in return for a big expiring and Beasley. Posey + Mo Pete would be much improved thanks to Wade's play.

If Paul couldn't save them, I doubt Wade can. Posey and Peterson are done.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#7 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm

positivetension wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:IF Bosh goes Toronto would be wanting a SG in return not a tweener like Beasley with off the court problems. Beasley has a lot of potential but I don't do this if I am Toronto. Oak's value maybe at a all time low. Why would you want your best players to all be at the same position the 4? Makes no sense why not trade the rest of the team for LMA? and have a all PF team.

1. Heat are a better team then the Hornets
2. Wade + Bosh would most definitely "save" Posey and peterson more then Paul.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#8 » by Biff Cooper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 am

Interesting trade idea. This makes a lot of sense for NOH if they are really trying to dump long term salaries. It seems like Toronto needs a bit more out of this trade. Miami might need to throw a first or two their way to make the deal happen.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#9 » by BBallFreak » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 am

The first Miami trade that Evermore has presented that doesn't make me wretch... and it won't happen because Toronto won't do it.

Here's the problem... Miami won't trade away Beasley and their cap space for anything less than a player of Bosh's caliber. No one, however, will trade a player of Bosh's caliber for JO and Beasley.

You're pretty much assured of a rejection, from one side or the other if those are the components you're working with...
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#10 » by jade_hippo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 pm

This deal doesn't have the luster or appeal of getting a Bosh, but Miami dealing directly with NO and returning West and Okafur would give Wade some inside options on both ends he hasn't had since Shaq was still trying. I'm not sure what would be a fair deal or what works under the cap, but just an idea.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#11 » by inrapscity » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Evermore wrote:

a) Bosh may not re-sign with Miami...meaning they've given up Beasley for a 1 year rental and took on additional salary. This trade could easily backfire for the Heat...

b) Bosh can just sign with Miami next summer...and Toronto will lose him for nothing

If anything...Miami might be saying..."We're not gonna help Toronto re-build...let's just sign Bosh next summer when it won't cost us players"

yeah.... those are ur assumptions.
Evermore
Banned User

Post#12 » by Evermore » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm

inrapscity wrote:
Evermore wrote:

yeah.... those are ur assumptions.

Those are scenarios...not assumptions
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#13 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:43 pm

positivetension wrote:

Not saying they will be superstars, stars or even great they will be a serviceable role players, Toronto is not handing the Heat Bosh for Bealsey. Posey is a good player for their system I am sure playing in Miami will do him some good.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
rotWILDCAT
Sophomore

Post#14 » by rotWILDCAT » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 pm

I think this looks better, very small addition made. essentially added cook to the raps.

Trade ID #5287700
rotWILDCAT
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#15 » by NashtyNas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Toronto says yes, NO says yes, Miami says... wtf? Give up expirings + Beasley to take on a **** load of salary just to see if Bosh/Wade resign... I don't know, it's plausible and not horrendous, but I doubt it happens.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Evermore
Banned User

Post#16 » by Evermore » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:57 pm

sd1306 wrote:Toronto says yes, NO says yes, Miami says... wtf? Give up expirings + Beasley to take on a **** load of salary just to see if Bosh/Wade resign... I don't know, it's plausible and not horrendous, but I doubt it happens.

Technically, Bosh is an expiring contract as well...so should he not re-sign with the Heat...they would have his 16 million to re-invest...

Return to Trades and Transactions