Phi-Cle trying to keep the king

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

76ersAreMe
Sophomore
And1: 0

Phi-Cle trying to keep the king 

Post#1 » by 76ersAreMe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Phi send: brand, kapono.
Phi gets: shaq

Cle sends: shaq
Cle gets: brand, kapono

Why for Cle:
with the overload of centers, Cleveland gets a power-foward that can thrive in the slow pace O in cleveland and can work perfectly with Lebron. Plus this from my point of view makes Cleveland a way more balanced team. With kapono you get a kind of Wally player that kind shoot the three after a lebron or mo kick out, and of caurse cleveland that can't sign another free agent in 2010 gets a player that helps the appeal to Cleveland from lebrons point of view.

Why for Phi:
Philly unloads brand that has proven to be a bad expirment, plus being one of the teams with the worst crowd apearence teams in the NBA, shaq brings the spark that may put asses in those empty seats.
Triumph36
Starter

Re: Phi-Cle trying to keep the king 

Post#2 » by Triumph36 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Cavs instantly decline. We don't want Brand.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by bcortell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:47 pm

No.
76ersAreMe
Sophomore

Post#4 » by 76ersAreMe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:32 pm

thank you for your extended posts I really understand the mind set in cleveland now.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#5 » by tidho » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:52 pm

I can fill you in on Cleveland's perspective.

We don't want to give up Shaq because he serves his purpose against Orlando and is fitting into the offense nicely now that they aren't forcing action his way as they did early on.

At PF Cleveland has the capable AV, the emerging Hickson, and often LeBron against super athletic teams.

Kapono is nice, but we already have one of those, and ours (Anthony Parker) plays defense.

I think the King is pretty content with this team and would be against trading Shaq because he genuinly believes they can get it done this year.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Brand has a horrible contract. Shaq is an expiring contract. Therefore, Shaq's value >>>>> Brand's value.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by bcortell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:59 pm

76ersAreMe wrote:thank you for your extended posts I really understand the mind set in cleveland now.

1. This topic has been covered before. Look a page or two back before you open up a new thread with one of your great ideas.

2. Brand has one of, if not, the worst contract in the NBA with his recent play. Trying to dump him (and Kapono) for an expiring contract is foolish.

Return to Trades and Transactions