A couple GS/NY ideas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

stjf
Junior
And1: 133

A couple GS/NY ideas 

Post#1 » by stjf » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 pm

The basic premise of each of these trades is GS desiring Gallinari, NY continuing to lose and deciding to package Gallinari with Curry and Jeffries to go all in for 2010.

1)
To GS -- Gallinari, Eddie Curry, Jeffries
To NY -- Ellis, Claxton (injured for the year/expring), Wright (injured for the year/1yr left)
frees up 7m
2)
To NY -- Steph Curry, Claxton, Bell (expiring), George (expiring)
frees up 18.5m
3)
To NY -- Steph Curry, Claxton, Bell, Azubuike (injured for the year/1yr left)
frees up 15.1m

The last two don't seem to process on Realgm's trade machine, though it does on other trade machines and the salaries match when done manually (is it a conflict with Bell being traded recently?). Additionally, these last two would be moves more likely to be made before the deadline (Bell can't be traded till Jan 15), while the first offer (Ellis) would be done sooner.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: A couple GS/NY ideas 

Post#2 » by old rem » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:28 pm

No to all.

I'd have to consider a S Curry/Galinari trade, but as soon as Jeffries or Eddy C are mentioned, it's a no.
The first one, Monta...is even less acceptable.

If the Knicks would like Radmanovich, maybe later they can get him. GSW is not the NBA dumpster.
Had the offered Galinari + Eddy for Jackson, I probably would have been okay with that.
CENSORED... No comment.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Golden State doesn't do any of these. They have been in severe cost-cutting mode and aren't going to reverse that to take on Curry and Jefferies...I'm sure they'd love Gallo but they also love Curry and the difference between them isn't worth the millions of dollars they'd have to pay for guys they don't want.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#4 » by old rem » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:53 pm

I think the Warriors do "think cheap" but they have done that in cycles...binge and purge...for a decade. The Crawford deal was moving a guy seen as redundant. The Jackson deal was an overdue exit of a guy who's roller coaster mood swings made...difficult,especially with a coach who promotes impulsiveness. Beli...was moved mainly out of incompetence and not finding out in proper fashion what was on Jackson's mind. He had real trade value but Nellie wears blinders, is a crusader for his pet system and every other factor is secondary.

Ellis is not "excess baggage" or any sort of real problem. Both Ellis and Curry can play the game, but Curry is a rookie.

Over recent years,GSW bought out a coach and a half dozen players. I suspect ownership did not want to be in buy out situations, to pay millions for nothing. However....some players are just bad enough that it's "value" to get rid of them however you can. There is a limit to how far you CAN strip payroll. There's also a point where you tell the fans it's a farce, it's hopeless, give us your money and shut the F*** up. You don't wanna cross that line.

Trading a guy who is your new top pick or has been a franchise guy for 2 guys well known as bottom of the Swamp....bad business.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions