DEN-NJ-MIL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

DEN-NJ-MIL 

Post#1 » by basketbob » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:56 pm

(Can't be completed til 12/26)

First,
DEN TPE for Dooling (2 yrs, 3.5M)
DEN TPE for Najera (3yrs, 3M)

then:

DEN in:
KThomas (1 yr, 3.8M)
Yi Jianlian (2 yrs 3.1M)

DEN out:
2010 2nd rd pick (likely to be from LAC)
Balkman, Carter, Graham, Petro, Allen

MIL in:
Balkman (4yrs., 2.1M)
JBoone, expiring

MIL out:
KThomas
2011 2nd
Alexander

NJ in:
DEN/LAC 2010 2nd
MIL 2011 2nd
Alexander,Carter, Graham, Petro, Allen (all expiring)

NJ out
Yi
Boone
(Dooling)
(Najera)
NJ gets about $9M more 2010 capspace (Harris-TWill-LBJ-Bosh-Lopez, anyone?) plus no-cap-hold picks

MIL turns spare parts into Skiles-style young role players, saves money

DEN gets deep. KThomas, Dooling are much better insurance than Allen, Carter (and better-fitting skill sets/roles). Yi is the (injured) young 7-footer with a jumpshot that DEN needs to be developing behind 30-somethings Martin and Anderson.
More free is better
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Re: DEN-NJ-MIL 

Post#2 » by Ricepilar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I dont see the Nets dumping those guys for cap space. Dooling is a good rotation player who doesnt make a lot. Yi, they like even though he sucks. Boone is expiring anyways.

Denver could maybe get Boone for a 2nd rounder though.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#3 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 pm

New Jersey wants to dump Najera, not Dooling.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 pm

We can't move Boone, Najera AND Yi without getting anyone capable of starting at PF for us. The salary dump is nice, the 2nds are nice, but it just is not feasible. Maybe if MIL took SWAT instead of Boone...
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#5 » by basketbob » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:12 pm

I edited my OP to make it a little more enticing for NJ. With the cap shrinking, they may be the only team able to swing the double-max FA supersplash that was so popular to talk about a while back.
Wouldn't it be frustrating to find out that the difference between getting LBJ and Bosh and getting, say, Amare and Richard Jefferson was the $6M you were paying your 5th or 6th guard and your project big?
That's not to say NJ might not get better offers for Yi and Dooling. Just that hanging onto them might not be the best strategy, even if they're good values. And they will have to pay to dump Najera, even though everybody thinks he's just swell.
More free is better
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:54 pm

basketbob wrote:I edited my OP to make it a little more enticing for NJ. With the cap shrinking, they may be the only team able to swing the double-max FA supersplash that was so popular to talk about a while back.
Wouldn't it be frustrating to find out that the difference between getting LBJ and Bosh and getting, say, Amare and Richard Jefferson was the $6M you were paying your 5th or 6th guard and your project big?
That's not to say NJ might not get better offers for Yi and Dooling. Just that hanging onto them might not be the best strategy, even if they're good values. And they will have to pay to dump Najera, even though everybody thinks he's just swell.

Dooling has a 500k buyout, so moving him is not a priority.
Also, we need to clear about $8m in salary to land a 2nd max... that's not too feasible unless Harris is moved. Najera and Yi would almost do it, but I'm fairly confident Yi isn't going anywhere.. unfortunately.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 pm

Milwaukee EASILY passes. Not only do we add salary but we arguably downgrade in value/talent and we give up a pick? Really?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#8 » by BucksRUS » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:44 pm

No for the Bucks. We give up a pick and two expiring contracts to pick up a worse expiring and a backup forward with 4 years left on his contract? No way.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#9 » by el loco » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 am

I don't know if I really like this deal for any of the teams involved. Denver uses up future cap relief to add Dooling who is a decent player, but he would steal minutes from Ty Lawson, and Najera, who at this stage of his career is bad enough without the extra years on his contract. Does he have a buyout in his contract?
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#10 » by deviljets7 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:27 am

el loco wrote:I don't know if I really like this deal for any of the teams involved. Denver uses up future cap relief to add Dooling who is a decent player, but he would steal minutes from Ty Lawson, and Najera, who at this stage of his career is bad enough without the extra years on his contract. Does he have a buyout in his contract?

Dooling has a $500K buyout for 2010/11.

It's believed that around 75% of Najera's deal is guaranteed.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions