Kevin Martin to Philadelphia re-up

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Re: Kevin Martin to Philadelphia re-up 

Post#21 » by Ricepilar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:40 am

A couple things...

1) Thad Young should be playing the 4. He has been FAR more effective as a 4 than a 3. If the Kings made this trade, their best 4/5 option would be Young/Thompson, which is much better than Thompson/Hawes.

2) They want to add a shotblocker off the bench and trim longterm salary. This accomplishes both.

This is a good move for them.

Its also good for Philly but they REALLY would need a PG.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#22 » by rpa » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:29 am

Ricepilar wrote:A couple things...

1) Thad Young should be playing the 4. He has been FAR more effective as a 4 than a 3. If the Kings made this trade, their best 4/5 option would be Young/Thompson, which is much better than Thompson/Hawes.

2) They want to add a shotblocker off the bench and trim longterm salary. This accomplishes both.

This is a good move for them.

Its also good for Philly but they REALLY would need a PG.

A Young/Thompson frontcourt would get absolutely destroyed defensively. Thompson is much better as a PF and Young flat out doesn't have the size to be playing the 4 full time.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#23 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 am

youngcrev wrote:^Sixers wouldn't even consider moving Iguodala for Martin

Maybe not, but the Kings seemed to have found their own "Iggy" type of player in Tyreke Evans. He's providing that all around play the Kings needed, I don't see a big need in Sac for a player like Iguodala any longer.
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#24 » by Telfaire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

I would actually go a Evans-Garcia-Young-Thompson-Hawes lineup for the Kings, hoping that BPA at the lottery is also a center, then waiting for summer 2011 to see who do I target with all of the capspace.

I think that Young, a 1st, 2011 capspace and temporary help upfront in Dalembert, is great value for the often injured Martin. Nice trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions