Cleveland makes 2 trades (New Orleans-Phoenix)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Cleveland makes 2 trades (New Orleans-Phoenix) 

Post#1 » by DowJones » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:13 am

Cleveland Trades
-JJ Hickson
-Zydrunas Ilgauskas (bought out)
-Jawad Williams (filler)
-2010 1st round pick

Phoenix Trades
-Amare Stoudemire

Cleveland Trades
-Shaq O'Neal
-Sign and Trade Wally (filler)

New Orleans Trades
-Emeka Okafor
-Peja Stojakovic

-Cleveland gets tons of talent but takes on tons of money
-New Orleans gets their financial dream come true--dumping Peja's horrible contract and Emeka's long-term deal
-Phoenix gets rid of Amare for a decent young piece, tons of financial relief, and a late first

Cleveland all of a sudden becomes the best team in the NBA

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: LeBron James
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Emeka Okafor

Bench
-Delonte West
-Daniel Gibson
-Jamario Moon
-Peja Stojakovic
-Anderson Varejao
-Leon Powe
-Z (when he is bought out)
JR_SMITH_23
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Cleveland makes 2 trades (New Orleans-Phoenix) 

Post#2 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:20 am

Turn on the Playstation and get it done
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#3 » by Relentless88 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:25 am

JR_SMITH_23 wrote:Turn on the Playstation and get it done

Trade override.

While the Hornets probably do it, Phoenix won't give up Amare that easily, especially since they're playing really good basketball right now.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:32 am

Phoenix deal:

Makes no sense for the Suns to do this AT ALL.

They are 15-5 for goodness sake. Why on earth would they trade their best front court player (Stoudemire) ESPECIALLY NOW for Hickson, a near the end of the road Ilgauskas (his expiring doesn't matter since Amare's also expiring), pocket lint (Jawad Williams) and a bottom of the barrel 1st?

When the best thing you have to offer is averaging 8ppg and 3.5rpg they'd be better off to just let Amare play the season out and then see what happens. Either the market isn't there and Amare returns or they work out a sign-and-trade with whatever team (have to believe the chances are just kinda good that a better package can be had).

New Orleans deal:

New Orleans made their bed. If they do they better say bye bye to Chris Paul and whatever fan base they have left cause if this doesn't put the final nail on this franchise's coffin, I'm not sure what will.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#5 » by DowJones » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:32 am

I don't know...Phoenix fans are really frustrated with the way he is playing and if they fear they will lose him in the off-season for nothing, Hickson may not be that bad of a young/cheap prospect in return. It isn't a great package for Amare, but with the way he is playing and his injury concerns I can't imagine they would get a great package in return.
Westfo3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Westfo3 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:36 am

I don't like the 2nd trade at all. Okafor isn't worth that much.

1st trade i'm not sure about. Amare hasn't played all that well this year and unless we could find a better trade to get rid of Shaq I don't think Amare would be happy here.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:37 am

DowJones wrote:I don't know...Phoenix fans are really frustrated with the way he is playing and if they fear they will lose him in the off-season for nothing, Hickson may not be that bad of a young/cheap prospect in return. It isn't a great package for Amare, but with the way he is playing and his injury concerns I can't imagine they would get a great package in return.

Amare is going to be no.4 in the list of big name FA's (Lebron, Wade, Bosh and then Amare). There's more than 6 teams under the cap with serious capspace most of whom are either looking to make a big splash or adding top tier talents to existing stars. Then there are a slew of teams that don't have capspace but that likely would be looking for a change or improving their current situation. No reason to believe that teams wouldn't be interested in Amare a sign-and-trade. Same with Bosh. There is no reason for Colangelo to do a pennies on the dollar deal from the Raptors standpoint anymore than a reason for Kerr to do a pennies on the dollar deal from the Suns standpoint.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#8 » by DowJones » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:40 am

Say bye bye to Paul? They have him under contract for the next 3-4 year. Their best bet is to shed salary, suck for 2 years, get 2 good, young pieces, and then sign a good free agent with cap-space. The worst thing they can do is to hold on to this expensive/average team, lose money, and go 43-39 every year until Paul leaves.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#9 » by DowJones » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:43 am

moocow007 wrote:
DowJones wrote:I don't know...Phoenix fans are really frustrated with the way he is playing and if they fear they will lose him in the off-season for nothing, Hickson may not be that bad of a young/cheap prospect in return. It isn't a great package for Amare, but with the way he is playing and his injury concerns I can't imagine they would get a great package in return.

Amare is going to be no.4 in the list of big name FA's (Lebron, Wade, Bosh and then Amare). There's more than 6 teams under the cap with serious capspace most of whom are either looking to make a big splash or adding top tier talents to existing stars. Then there are a slew of teams that don't have capspace but that likely would be looking for a change or improving their current situation. No reason to believe that teams wouldn't be interested in Amare a sign-and-trade. Same with Bosh. There is no reason for Colangelo to do a pennies on the dollar deal from the Raptors standpoint anymore than a reason for Kerr to do a pennies on the dollar deal from the Suns standpoint.

You must not understand that Amare's value isn't that high. Who is going to spend max-money for him AND give up some good/young pieces? Amare isn't a high-value trade chip right now. Heck, even BEFORE his eye injury and poor 2009 (so far) performance the best Phoenix could get was what...Tyrus Thomas? Andreis Beidris? I don't see many teams that will sign and trade for Amare and give up good young pieces in the process.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#10 » by LV-Suns » Mon Dec 7, 2009 3:48 am

We don't want to get "rid" of Amare. He is going to walk if we are not winning, that's not the case so far.

Good god.. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=965147
There is also a gem in the 2nd page.

When did Hickson get so much trade value?
I Dont wanna be here
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Dec 7, 2009 4:23 am

What is the deal with all these terrible trades. I don't see the Cavs being able to make a trade for a big name player unless the team is truly desperate to move them.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 7, 2009 4:28 am

LV-Suns wrote:We don't want to get "rid" of Amare. He is going to walk if we are not winning, that's not the case so far.

Good god.. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=965147
There is also a gem in the 2nd page.

When did Hickson get so much trade value?

The 2011 unprotected 2nd round pick had me :rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Trades and Transactions