For the Hell of it - Shaq to the Clippers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

For the Hell of it - Shaq to the Clippers 

Post#1 » by loflin3hree5ive » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 pm

Cavaliers Get:
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Sebastian Telfair

Clippers Get:
Shaquille O'Neal (Buy Out)
JJ Hickson
Daniel Gibson

Cavs significantly improve their championship hopes this year with two very good big men who can still play unlike Shaq. Shaq could still return to Cleveland but the Cavs may fear he could go to one of their east rivals. Cavs flirted with the idea of bringing in Kaman before acquiring Shaq last summer.

Clippers tried pulling a deal like this last year for Jason Kidd involving Kaman and Baron Davis. This is a pure salary dump for the Clips as they add a couple of young players in the process. Gibson could be used to help lure Lebron this summer since this deal gives the Clippers enough to offer a max contract.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: For the Hell of it - Shaq to the Clippers 

Post#2 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:53 pm

I was a Kaman-advocate....is he healthy?

If so..I actually like this trade...although I'd personally make the Clippers decide between Gibson or Hickson...not both.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#3 » by jowglenn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:I was a Kaman-advocate....is he healthy?

If so..I actually like this trade...although I'd personally make the Clippers decide between Gibson or Hickson...not both.

What? You get Kaman AND Camby for Shaq and Hickson and gibson (oh and telfair is not a bad backup pg, he's played his way back into the league.) And you're trying to HAGGLE????

Please. That's rididculous.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#4 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

jowglenn wrote:
InBoobieWeTrust wrote:I was a Kaman-advocate....is he healthy?

What? You get Kaman AND Camby for Shaq and Hickson and gibson (oh and telfair is not a bad backup pg, he's played his way back into the league.) And you're trying to HAGGLE????

Please. That's rididculous.

Camby is just salary filler as far as I'm concerned here.

Let's just take out the Telfair/Gibson swap..the Cavs throw in a pick, we're golden.

I mean, Kaman's contract is pretty tough to swallow considering his injury history. Giving you a prospect in Hickson and a big expiring is fair value...the Gibson swap so that the "Clippers can lure LeBron" is unnecessary and something the Cavs wouldn't do.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#5 » by sipclip » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Absolutely horrible for the clips.
citizen bob
Banned User

Post#6 » by citizen bob » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

We can "salary dump" Kaman at any time and Camby is already expiring.

Why are we helping Cleveland out? I see nothing in this trade that helps the Clippers.
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#7 » by why22 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:06 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:Cavaliers Get:
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Sebastian Telfair

Clippers Get:
Shaquille O'Neal (Buy Out)
JJ Hickson
Daniel Gibson

Cavs significantly improve their championship hopes this year with two very good big men who can still play unlike Shaq. Shaq could still return to Cleveland but the Cavs may fear he could go to one of their east rivals. Cavs flirted with the idea of bringing in Kaman before acquiring Shaq last summer.

Clippers tried pulling a deal like this last year for Jason Kidd involving Kaman and Baron Davis. This is a pure salary dump for the Clips as they add a couple of young players in the process. Gibson could be used to help lure Lebron this summer since this deal gives the Clippers enough to offer a max contract.

sub camby for baron davis and the clippers gladly oblidge
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)

Return to Trades and Transactions