Knicks 2010 cap clear/09 playoff push

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Knicks 2010 cap clear/09 playoff push 

Post#1 » by why22 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:18 pm

all of these deals have alot of merit in clearing space for 2010 and for making the playoffs this season

trade 1:

to lac:
eddy curry
jordan hill
wilson chandler

to ny:
marcus camby
al thornton
rasual butler

the clippers pick up 2 young pieces to aid in continuing their rebuild process. they would lose camby anyway and i doubt lebron would sign in clipper land any way.

the knicks get a true centre. losing chandler dosnt hurt as much as they get an older jeffries. clear 10 million

trade 2:

to lakers:
nate robinson
jared jeffries
2012unprotected 1st

to knicks:
adam morrison
derek fisher(cut and returned)
mem 2nd rounder

the lakers get a good guard that could fit well in their system and could benefit from a change of scenery. also for taking on jeffries they get to uprgrade a draft pick which could be major money in the bank

the knicks smiply cut jared jeffries. add to their huge cap room. also adam morrison could excel in new yorks system but is there mainly for salary purposes.

camby/darko
lee/harington
gallo/thornton/morrison
hughes/butler
douglas/duhon

if they dont make the playoffs they get more respectable
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,770

Re: Knicks 2010 cap clear/09 playoff push 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:01 pm

That's awful for the Clippers. Thornton is probably on par with value as Hill or Chandler so essentially all they are getting is Curry and one for two productive expirings? Yuck.

The second deal value wise might be solid but the Lakers are adding a lot of salary for a player who probably wouldn't even see more then 10 minutes of playing time a game, if that.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fico King
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Fico King » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:32 am

What a horse crap trade! Eddy Curry has negative value and you want to get Camby, an exp contract, who is 5th in the NBA in blocks in return? HA HA
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#4 » by warren weel im » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

There MIGHT be a chance that the Lakers get Jeffries for Sasha if the Knicks added an incentive.

There's a chance LA MIGHT get Jeffries for Ammo but it would take quite a bit to complete it. I wonder if LA is interested at adding a young-ish prospect like Chandler in the lineup since he won't have significant PT in the next 2 seasons.

Overall, the deal doesn't look too good due to Camby being a high value expirer and Eddy Curry being a low-value nothing.

Return to Trades and Transactions