Warriors/Wolves/Bulls - Al Jefferson to the Bay!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Warriors/Wolves/Bulls - Al Jefferson to the Bay! 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Warriors Trade: Biedrins, Morrow, B.Wright, Speedy
Receive: Al Jefferson, Hinrich, 2nd

Al/Turiaf/M.Moore
A.Randolph/Turiaf
Maggette/Azubuike
Monta/Hinrich
Hinrich/S.Curry/Watson

The Warriors get a young low-post beast as a "consolation" for Andris not being used correctly. Hinrich would be a great fit alongside Monta and Curry and is versatile enough to play 3 positions under Nellie :roll:
The Warriors would likely end up in the lottery again but could start jelling and would still have a few assets that could be used in another consolidation trade.

Wolves Trade: Al Jefferson, Sessions
Receive: Biedrins, Morrow, B. Wright, Pargo, $3 Million from Bulls

Biedrins/Hollins/Pech
Love/*B.Wright/Gomes
Brewer/Gomes/Pavlovic
Morrow/Ellington/Wilkens
Flynn/Hart/Pargo?

The Wolves gain multiple pieces that fit in great long-term and have a lot of potential. They wouldn't win many games this year but would end up with Evan Turner as the consolation prize. The Wolves would then have the young talent they need without dipping into their 2010 cap space, meaning they could sell it to the highest bidder (Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Rox, etc) while getting even more picks (to offset theirs heading to the Clips next year) and young players with potential. The $3 million from the Bulls could be used towards any potential buyouts.

Bulls Trade: Hinrich, $3 million, 2nd
Receive: Sessions, Speedy (EC)

Noah/B.Miller
Tyrus/T.Gibson
Deng/J.Johnson
Salmons/Von Wafer (signed)/Sessions
D.Rose/Sessions/L.Hunter

The Bulls get a decent young back-up PG that would be ready to start in case of a Rose injury while freeing up more 2010 cap space. *EDIT: included Von Wafer in the line-up as he could spread the floor on the cheap.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Re: Warriors/Wolves/Bulls - Al Jefferson to the Bay! 

Post#2 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Also, the Bulls save a little money instantly and could potentially have the breathing room under the luxury tax to sign someone like Von Wafer...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm

easy no.

Al Jeff is mediocre on D and Biedrins is BETTER on D, higher FG%,more rebounds...basically what GSW needs MORE of. Al Jeff also costs $3 to 5 mill extra.

Hinrich is big $ and shooting about 35%. Morrow is small $ and was around 50% overall...and from 3.
Given Hinrich's low scoring and low %...he sits while Curry and CJ play. And..no...I do NOT want Nellie using Hinrich as a SF. we also DO want Wright back and healthy next year.. Wright also figures to be a plus on D. With Hinrich underemployed.....his trade value drops further. Meanwhile...the total offense of Biedrins+Morrow+Wright >> the production of Jeff + Hinrich...so nothing much is gained.

Why,anyhow,are the Bulls even involved? Without them the package is a bit better. Still a NO but closer.
CENSORED... No comment.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#4 » by Vindicater » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Id think long and hard as a wolves fan.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Post#5 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

old rem wrote:easy no.

Al Jeff is mediocre on D and Biedrins is BETTER on D, higher FG%,more rebounds...basically what GSW needs MOR# of. Al Jeff also cposts $3 to 5 mill extra.

Hinrich is big $ and shooting about 35%. Morrow is small % and was around 50% overal...and from 3.
Given Hinrich's low scoring and low %...he sits while Curry and CJ play. And..no...I do NOT want Nellie using Hinrich as a SF. we also DO want Wright back and healthy next year.. Wright also figures to be a plus on D. With Hinrich underemployed.....his trade value drops further. Meanwhile...the total offense of Biedrins+Morrow+Wright >> the production of Jeff + Hinrich...so nothing much is gained.

Why,anyhow,are the Bulls even involved? Without them the package is a bit better. Still a NO but closer.

Aren't you old? How do you not have a better grasp of the english language? This post (like many others) is a barely coherent stream of consciousness.
Originally I had Azubuike in this deal instead of Morrow, but then the Ws would have little SF depth. Hinrich would be a great fit next to Monta and Curry and would probably get to play his natural position if Sleepy's Nellie Theory on the Ws board is correct (about his legacy, etc). Sure Al costs a few million extra, but he'll be played more than 20MPG also, so who cares?
B.Wright's option didn't even get picked up which doesn't show any faith whatsoever on behalf of Nellie/Rowell/E.T and you can rationalize it as a penny-pinching move all you want, 9 times out of 10 that is the kiss of death from a retention standpoint.

The Bulls are involved to give the Wolves an extra 1st to make up for the one they owe the Clips, and seem as though you already don't like the deal for the Warriors, you sure as hell wouldn't be willing to give one up.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#6 » by SO_MONEY » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 pm

easy no for wolves! not what we would be looking for in a trade involving Al.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#7 » by PeeDee » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Vindicater wrote:Id think long and hard as a wolves fan.

I'd think long and hard too... about how many ways I could say no. Those are nice players coming to the Wolves for sure. But trading Big Al coming off an injury is a dumb thing to do. When he is healthy, he could fetch a lot more than this. Adding Sessions is like getting punched in the gut. He's probably one of the best backup PGs in the league.
Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Kyben36 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 pm

No, it doesnt work an here is why, the bulls are so close to luxury, they cant give 3 mil, becasue Reinsdorf wont go into lux unless we are a contender, an dso it just cant happen, I also dont exactly like it from the bulls standpoint, If we got Brandon Wright or Morrow I would be more incliced to like the trade, but We get 2 PG who personaly I just dont like.
Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Kyben36 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 pm

PeeDee wrote:
Vindicater wrote:Id think long and hard as a wolves fan.

I'd think long and hard too... about how many ways I could say no. Those are nice players coming to the Wolves for sure. But trading Big Al coming off an injury is a dumb thing to do. When he is healthy, he could fetch a lot more than this. Adding Sessions is like getting punched in the gut. He's probably one of the best backup PGs in the league.

One thing I have to say, Knee injuyrs are a real problem child, Big Al may never be better, not to say, he cant, but its just a fact that some player stugle to come back after such injurys,
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Post#10 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 pm

$3 million cash doesn't count as salary, so get a clue before posting. Of course you'd like it if you got B.Wright or Morrow, but that ain't happening with Hinrich's value being so low..
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#11 » by PeeDee » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Kyben36 wrote:One thing I have to say, Knee injuyrs are a real problem child, Big Al may never be better, not to say, he cant, but its just a fact that some player stugle to come back after such injurys,

Check back in February. Big Al is coming along nicely and is returning to form. In Feb, he'll have been beasting for a month or so. :D
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#12 » by Esohny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 am

Um, Jefferson is already back near 20-10 form, and it's only 22 games into the season.

I agree with PeeDee on this one; I like Biedrins and Morrow, but the Wolves are paying a dollar to get back 70 cents on this deal.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#13 » by boogydown » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:08 am

Chicago is going to have 5 PG's with this deal.

Rose
Hunter
Pargo
Claxton
Sessions

Makes absolutely 0 sense.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#14 » by 510TWSS » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 am

B.Wright's option didn't even get picked up which doesn't show any faith whatsoever on behalf of Nellie/Rowell/E.T and you can rationalize it as a penny-pinching move all you want, 9 times out of 10 that is the kiss of death from a retention standpoint.

Which would be true if they did decline. But they didn't so you're wrong here.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#15 » by Jimmy76 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:15 am

boogydown wrote:Chicago is going to have 5 PG's with this deal.

Rose
Hunter
Pargo
Claxton
Sessions

Makes absolutely 0 sense.

I think youre also getting Nellie in this deal so look forward to that as your starting lineup
THROWBACK_91
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#16 » by THROWBACK_91 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:29 am

Lindsay Hunters no point guard lol.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#17 » by BW32 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:32 am

No from the Warriors, no point in having a big man who commands a double team if he can't pass off of said double team.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#18 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:38 am

BW32 wrote:No from the Warriors, no point in having a big man who commands a double team if he can't pass off of said double team.

look at his assist totals in his game logs he has worked on his passing and it is paying off. Twice his career average as of now!
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#19 » by john2jer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 am

Jefferson's passing has actually GREATLY improved. He's among the top 5 centers in the league in most passing statistics.

I'd think long and hard about this package for the Wolves. Probably just need a hair more.

Beans and Morrow are two pieces the Wolves definitely need. Brandon Wright is ok. Jefferson has been beasting lately, though. Anyone still commenting on his injury, as if it's a concern, hasn't been paying attention. He's probably not quite at 100% yet, but he's still been putting up 17.5/11 in his last 10 games. 18.5/12 in his last 5. Wait until mid-January when he's 100% and he'll be back to his normal 23/11, if not better.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#20 » by old rem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:58 am

Hinrich isn't worth his $ for GSW. Minus Wright, we just have Vlad Rad as PF depth...yech. Mainly, I don't like Jefferson's D. Last time we played the Wolves he was a turnstile. He'd be okay as a PF if our total D was pretty good, but as a C...no thanks.

I'm less concerned about Jefferson's knee being okay now than I am about his future durability.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions