Warriors/Wolves/Bulls - Al Jefferson to the Bay!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,524

Re: Warriors/Wolves/Bulls - Al Jefferson to the Bay! 

Post#21 » by shrink » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 am

old rem wrote: Al Jeff is mediocre on D and Biedrins is BETTER on D, higher FG%,more rebounds...basically what GSW needs MORE of. Al Jeff also costs $3 to 5 mill extra.

Ugh. Biedrins is better on D.

Beidrins has only taken 15 shots, so his FG% of 800 is better than most. Jefferson is shooting double-and-triple covered, and is over 50% for his career, so that ain't bad. Especially since Beidrins scores less than half as many points.

As for rebounding .. no. Jefferson is averaging 9 RPG, and has averaged 11 or more the last three years. Biedrins is averaging 7.3 RPG, and 8.2 RPG for his career .. both worse than Jefferson. Perhaps if Beidrins was more of an aoffensive threat, or could avoid fouls, he'd be able to stay on the floor longer and get better numbers.

old rem wrote: I'm less concerned about Jefferson's knee being okay now than I am about his future durability.

Really? He came back a few months early, and after starting slowly, he's already averaged 19 PPG, 13 RPG in his last six

If you like Biedrins more than Al Jefferson, I've got no problem with that. However, don't gild the lily by leaving out legitimate info, or saying dishonest stuff, to make your point.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#22 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:16 am

I'd have to think long about this one. I'm not 1 of Biedrins bigger Warrior fans. I like him but If he could get us a front court scorer than I'd have to think about it. Losing Morrow hurts big time as he's a true part of the core, same goes with Wright even though I've almost given up on him. I don't think we want to pay Hinrich his salary for what he does as well.

I'd be open to Al Jeff coming to the Bay, just not for this package I guess.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#23 » by old rem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 am

shrink wrote:
old rem wrote: Al Jeff is mediocre on D and Biedrins is BETTER on D, higher FG%,more rebounds...basically what GSW needs MORE of. Al Jeff also costs $3 to 5 mill extra.

Ugh. Biedrins is better on D.

Beidrins has only taken 15 shots, so his FG% of 800 is better than most. Jefferson is shooting double-and-triple covered, and is over 50% for his career, so that ain't bad. Especially since Beidrins scores less than half as many points.

As for rebounding .. no. Jefferson is averaging 9 RPG, and has averaged 11 or more the last three years. Biedrins is averaging 7.3 RPG, and 8.2 RPG for his career .. both worse than Jefferson. Perhaps if Beidrins was more of an aoffensive threat, or could avoid fouls, he'd be able to stay on the floor longer and get better numbers.

old rem wrote: I'm less concerned about Jefferson's knee being okay now than I am about his future durability.

Really? He came back a few months early, and after starting slowly, he's already averaged 19 PPG, 13 RPG in his last six

If you like Biedrins more than Al Jefferson, I've got no problem with that. However, don't gild the lily by leaving out legitimate info, or saying dishonest stuff, to make your point.

Speakin' about leavin' out....your point of Biedrins is averaging 7.3 rebounds...well...he played in the first 4 games, and evidently wasn't in good health then. Biedrins averaged 11+ rebounds last year...#3 in the NBA. He's the only guy in the NBA who's career FG% is 60. However....Morrow is a regular and B Wright could be. Hinrich is an 8 ppg guy shooting a poor %,with a big long contract. Even if I was happy to do Biedrins for Jefferson, the rest of the deal sucks

Dishonest? You say ' Biedrins career avg is 8.2..then Jeff averaged 11 the last 3 yr. Actually, Al Jeff's career avg is 8.6. Biedrins avg got a bit warped in that he just played 10 min a game as an 18 yr old rookie. Last year only Howard topped Biedrins in reb per minute.
CENSORED... No comment.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,524

Post#24 » by shrink » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:27 pm

old rem wrote: Speakin' about leavin' out....your point of Biedrins is averaging 7.3 rebounds...well...he played in the first 4 games, and evidently wasn't in good health then.

Same for Jefferson. Oops.

old rem wrote: Biedrins averaged 11+ rebounds last year...#3 in the NBA. He's the only guy in the NBA who's career FG% is 60.

Biedrins was #4 in the NBA at 11.2 Oops

Jefferson was #6 at 11.0. Thing is, Jefferson has averaged 11 RPG for the last three years, where Beidrins didn't top 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistic ... asontype=2

old rem wrote: You say ' Biedrins career avg is 8.2..then Jeff averaged 11 the last 3 yr. Actually, Al Jeff's career avg is 8.6. Biedrins avg got a bit warped in that he just played 10 min a game as an 18 yr old rookie.

Jefferson was an 18 year old rookie as well, and had low minutes his first two years as well (oops), so that excuse doesn't work so well either.

Jefferson has better rebounding numbers than Biedrins this year, better "since excluding low minute rookie years", and better for their careers.

Maybe you shouldn't be saying Biedrins has more rebounds than Jefferson.

Return to Trades and Transactions