Dec. 15 Blockbuster! NOH / BOS / DAL / DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

All In The Name
Junior
And1: 0

Dec. 15 Blockbuster! NOH / BOS / DAL / DET 

Post#1 » by All In The Name » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:47 pm

New Orleans Hornets give: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor, James Posey, Morris Peterson
New Orleans Hornets get: Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Ben Gordon, Josh Howard, 2 1st Round Picks

The Hornets give up their superstar but shed two bad contracts and get back a ton of talent. Rondo / Gordon / Howard / West / Perkins is a great core to build around.

Boston Celtics give: Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen
Boston Celtics get: Chris Paul, James Posey, Kwame Brown, Matt Carroll, Morris Peterson

The Celtics break up their lineup to acquire the league's top point guard. It might seem odd for a team to trade away 60% of their starting lineup when they're playing so well, but I think this trade is worth it for them. Rondo is really good, but I doubt he ever is as good as CP3, and Paul is still very young. And it's not like they're destroying their title hopes for this season. If anything, I'd say this clearly makes them a better team (albeit with worse depth). Paul / Daniels / Pierce / Garnett / Wallace is ridiculous.

Dallas Mavericks give: Josh Howard, Matt Carroll, 1st Round Pick
Dallas Mavericks get: Ray Allen

The Mavericks balance their starting lineup in hopes of winning the West.

Detroit Pistons give: Ben Gordon, Kwame Brown, 1st Round Pick
Detroit Pistons get: Emeka Okafor, Tony Allen

The Pistons add a much-needed big man.
NBA/ABA Decades League

PG: Walt Frazier / Dana Barros
SG: Sidney Moncrief / Lou Hudson
SF: Lou Hudson / Dennis Rodman / Peja Stojakovic
PF: Dennis Rodman / Rasheed Wallace / Theo Ratliff
C: Shaquille O'Neal / Brad Daugherty / Theo Ratliff
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Re: Dec. 15 Blockbuster! NOH / BOS / DAL / DET 

Post#2 » by Master Shake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Easy decline from Detroit, say what you want about our off-season moves, but we're pretty happy with them. We have had 1 game with our full lineup together this season, and Okafor isn't good enough for this deal even without the first round pick... that just makes us say no faster.

Ben Gordon's gonna be in Detroit for at least 1 full season before any moves are even questioned. He's been flat out awesome for us until this injury, and Okafor, while being big and kind of productive, is just that. Big and kind of productive. We'll keep our pick and Gordon.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
All In The Name
Junior

Post#3 » by All In The Name » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Master Shake wrote:Easy decline from Detroit, say what you want about our off-season moves, but we're pretty happy with them. We have had 1 game with our full lineup together this season, and Okafor isn't good enough for this deal even without the first round pick... that just makes us say no faster.

Ben Gordon's gonna be in Detroit for at least 1 full season before any moves are even questioned. He's been flat out awesome for us until this injury, and Okafor, while being big and kind of productive, is just that. Big and kind of productive. We'll keep our pick and Gordon.

Completely understandable. It's worth noting, though, that, while I didn't indicate this in the OP, I I intended for the Pistons' pick to be protected. Would that make a difference? I just think that this trade leaves the Pistons with a better team. Stuckey / Hamilton / Prince / Villanueva / Okafor. A few shrewd offseason moves, and that team can be a contender again.
NBA/ABA Decades League

PG: Walt Frazier / Dana Barros
SG: Sidney Moncrief / Lou Hudson
SF: Lou Hudson / Dennis Rodman / Peja Stojakovic
PF: Dennis Rodman / Rasheed Wallace / Theo Ratliff
C: Shaquille O'Neal / Brad Daugherty / Theo Ratliff
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#4 » by princeofpalace » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:03 pm

All In The Name wrote:
Master Shake wrote:Easy decline from Detroit, say what you want about our off-season moves, but we're pretty happy with them. We have had 1 game with our full lineup together this season, and Okafor isn't good enough for this deal even without the first round pick... that just makes us say no faster.

Completely understandable. It's worth noting, though, that, while I didn't indicate this in the OP, I I intended for the Pistons' pick to be protected. Would that make a difference? I just think that this trade leaves the Pistons with a better team. Stuckey / Hamilton / Prince / Villanueva / Okafor. A few shrewd offseason moves, and that team can be a contender again.

No it doesnt make difference. Emeka just doesnt have the same sort of impact on the game that Gordon does...
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#5 » by Warspite » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 am

For Joe D to trade a player that he just signed as a FA 6months ago the player would have to be CP3. Like it or not for multiple reasons Gordon is as untouchable as Kobe, Nash, Melo and Pierce.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
JR_SMITH_23
Junior

Post#6 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:19 am

All In The Name wrote:New Orleans Hornets give: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor, James Posey, Morris Peterson
New Orleans Hornets get: Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Ben Gordon, Josh Howard, 2 1st Round Picks

The Hornets give up their superstar but shed two bad contracts and get back a ton of talent. Rondo / Gordon / Howard / West / Perkins is a great core to build around.

Boston Celtics give: Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen
Boston Celtics get: Chris Paul, James Posey, Kwame Brown, Matt Carroll, Morris Peterson

The Celtics break up their lineup to acquire the league's top point guard. It might seem odd for a team to trade away 60% of their starting lineup when they're playing so well, but I think this trade is worth it for them. Rondo is really good, but I doubt he ever is as good as CP3, and Paul is still very young. And it's not like they're destroying their title hopes for this season. If anything, I'd say this clearly makes them a better team (albeit with worse depth). Paul / Daniels / Pierce / Garnett / Wallace is ridiculous.

Dallas Mavericks give: Josh Howard, Matt Carroll, 1st Round Pick
Dallas Mavericks get: Ray Allen

The Mavericks balance their starting lineup in hopes of winning the West.

Detroit Pistons give: Ben Gordon, Kwame Brown, 1st Round Pick
Detroit Pistons get: Emeka Okafor, Tony Allen

The Pistons add a much-needed big man.

......Paul trades are just wrong!
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,679

Post#7 » by Cowology » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:41 am

I think this is an easy no for both Detroit and Dallas.

As was mentioned the Pistons aren't looking to deal Gordon. Not only is Joe committed to him, but we've been pretty happy with is play. I might give up Rip for Okafor, but certainly wouldn't include a 1st round pick in either scenario.

Dallas isn't going to give up a 1st rounder just so they can turn Howard into a 34 year old Ray Allen, even if they are able to shed Carrolls contract.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#8 » by JES12 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

Cowology wrote:I think this is an easy no for both Detroit and Dallas.

Dallas isn't going to give up a 1st rounder just so they can turn Howard into a 34 year old Ray Allen, even if they are able to shed Carrolls contract.
Pretty much.

Even stripping the 1st round pick would not entice Dallas to do this trade.
SunTzuMachiavelli
Banned User

Post#9 » by SunTzuMachiavelli » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

New Orleans makes out too good in this trade. Chris Paul is an amazing player, but damn that team would be good.

Rondo/Collison
Gordon
Howard/Peja
West
Perkins/Armstrong

That's a big step up even without the picks. I think that team would be a threat to win it all.

Return to Trades and Transactions