CHI/UTAH Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SnoBrdrRob
Junior
And1: 1

CHI/UTAH Trade 

Post#1 » by SnoBrdrRob » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:46 am

Bulls trade:
Jerome James
Tyrus Thomas
2010 2nd round pick

Jazz trade:
Carlos Boozer

The Jazz finally rid themselves of this distraction while getting expiring contracts in return. Thomas will be eligible for qualifying offer and can give the team a young big once he returns from injury. James could be a trade deadline deal or salary cap relief.

The Bulls rid themselves of a useless James and still raw Thomas while getting a bonafide bigman for the post that they have been lacking for some years now.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Re: CHI/UTAH Trade 

Post#2 » by Leto » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:53 am

No thanks.

Edit: But I'll tell ya what I'll do. I'll give you Brad Miller (12.5 mil exp) Jerome James (6.6 mil exp) and Taj Gibson for Kirilenko, Brewer and NY #1 lotto pick and you can re-sign Boozer.
Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Kyben36 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 am

Leto wrote:No thanks.

Edit: But I'll tell ya what I'll do. I'll give you Brad Miller (12.5 mil exp) Jerome James (6.6 mil exp) and Taj Gibson for Kirilenko, Brewer and NY #1 lotto pick and you can re-sign Boozer.

Only if we can trade AK47 for TMAC imediatly after the trade, I have a fealing that they would trade, then, I think I would be OK, but why would you need taj, I think that James Johnson would be more interesting, especialy since you dont have a SF after AK that is worth too much. Plus, we would need Taj, so how about this

Utah sends AK47, Brewer and NY #1 pick
Utah gets Luol Deng and Jorome James

Chicago sends Luol and Jrome
Chicago gets T Mac, NY #1 and Brewer

Houston sends T mac
Houston gets AK 47.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,087

Post#4 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 am

Why wouldn't Utah just move AK for TMac and save the 1st and Brewer? Does Chicago have Kevin O'Connor at gunpoint or something?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#5 » by Kyben36 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:46 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Why wouldn't Utah just move AK for TMac and save the 1st and Brewer? Does Chicago have Kevin O'Connor at gunpoint or something?

Shhhhhhhh, I figure this guy above me would have been dumb enough to trow in NYs pick, he said himself that he would trade it to get rid of AK. and I think that AK for T mac is an actual posibility.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#6 » by loserX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:32 am

Utah says no to every proposal in this thread.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#7 » by Kyben36 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 am

loserX wrote:Utah says no to every proposal in this thread.

WHAT IFF, IFFFF, I said Luol Deng for AK 47, Hypotheticly, could you still say no to everything in this thread.
Leto
RealGM

Post#8 » by Leto » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Why wouldn't Utah just move AK for TMac and save the 1st and Brewer? Does Chicago have Kevin O'Connor at gunpoint or something?

Because Houston ain't doing that for free. You really think Houston's going to take on another year at 18 million dollars for the privledge of AK47? :lol:
Leto
RealGM

Post#9 » by Leto » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Im curious to hear what Utah is thinking right now. Boozer, by stats, is playing well. Are they thinking about signing Boozer in the off season now?
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#10 » by loserX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Leto wrote:

Im curious to hear what Utah is thinking right now. Boozer, by stats, is playing well. Are they thinking about signing Boozer in the off season now?

Boozer is actually playing extremely well these days...even putting in a decent effort on defence (for a change). I think the Jazz are looking towards keeping him this season because of how we're playing, but I doubt we'll be able to keep him in the summer even if we want to. He'll just want too much money for our tastes, and someone else (Chicago, Miami, NJ, NY) will give it to him. It's not an ideal situation, obviously, but the Jazz like winning and trading Boozer might be giving up on this season (unless we get an unrealistically great offer).
Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Post#11 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

That original deal is a weak offer, but what if it was our first rounder, top 7 or so protected for 2010?

Also some salary issues to resolve. Chicago can't take on that much salary, but we can't really send another player in the deal...

Might have to use Miller as the expiring and then have Jazz send another smaller salary to even out. Ideally one who could actually play some minutes at the 5.

Return to Trades and Transactions