GSW/TOR/CLE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Freshman
And1: 0

GSW/TOR/CLE 

Post#1 » by 440 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:07 am

GSW Out: Anthony Randolph, Corey Maggette, Speedy Claxton, 2010 top 5 protected first

GSW In: JJ Hickson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Wally Szczerbiak, Cle 2010 and 2012 unprotected first

Tor Out: Chris Bosh

Tor In: Anthony Randolph, Speedy Claxton, 2010 GSW top 5 protected first

Cle Out: JJ Hickson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Wally Szczerbiak

Cle In: Chris Bosh, Corey Maggette

Why GSW does this: They get to dump Maggette's atrocious contract while picking up another young talented PF in replace of AR4, as well as two future 1st round draft picks.

Why Tor does this: They get something for Bosh in an extremely talented young PF as well as perhaps picking up a top 10 pick this year from GSW.

Why Cle does this: They get Bosh along with his bird rights to sign him AND Lebron to max contracts next year. They also pick up an overpaid Maggette but also someone who can take it to the hole and score as good as anyone to help with the 2nd team.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: GSW/TOR/CLE 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:14 am

If moving Randolph does happen, which I'd hate it to happen, I think I'd almost buy on this deal. We get Hickson to replace AR4, a big expiring in Big Z (WHO WE WILL NOT BUY OUT AND HAND BACK TO THE CAVS), another expiring in Wally (Im assuming) and 2 first round picks, 1 will be late 20's and the other could be anywhere between 1-30 depending on the LBJ situation. We also move Maggs deal freeing up more coin. We lose badly in production and also in potential (Randolph over Hickson at this stage) though.

Not the best deal I guess, but a maybe at this stage.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#3 » by heathmalc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 am

440 wrote:GSW Out: Anthony Randolph, Corey Maggette, Speedy Claxton, 2010 top 5 protected first

GSW In: JJ Hickson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Wally Szczerbiak, Cle 2010 and 2012 unprotected first

Tor Out: Chris Bosh

Tor In: Anthony Randolph, Speedy Claxton, 2010 GSW top 5 protected first

Cle Out: JJ Hickson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Wally Szczerbiak

Cle In: Chris Bosh, Corey Maggette

Why GSW does this: They get to dump Maggette's atrocious contract while picking up another young talented PF in replace of AR4, as well as two future 1st round draft picks.

Why Tor does this: They get something for Bosh in an extremely talented young PF as well as perhaps picking up a top 10 pick this year from GSW.

Why Cle does this: They get Bosh along with his bird rights to sign him AND Lebron to max contracts next year. They also pick up an overpaid Maggette but also someone who can take it to the hole and score as good as anyone to help with the 2nd team.

No way Toronto would do this!!!! Especially with the pick being protected.

Also, the Cavs wouldn't do it w/o protecting 2012.

Warriors would be getting a STEAL in this deal...Toronto gets screwed if it's a top-5 pick.

Here is a more reasonable deal:

Cle IN: Bosh, Maggette
Cle OUT: 2010 1st, 2012 1st(top-6 protected), 2014 1st(top-6 protected),Hickson,Zydrunas,Wally S&T

GSW IN: 2010 1st from Cavs, 2014 1st from Cavs,Hickson,Zydrunas,Wally S&T(also 2011 2nd+Cash if buyout Z)
GSW OUT: 2010 1st (**top-5 protected...If it is a top-5 pick, GSW have option of keeping pick & giving both CLE picks instead),Randolph,Claxton,Maggette

TOR IN: Randolph,Claxton, GSW 2010 1st (or 2010 CLE 1st & 2014 CLE 1st), 2012 CLE 1st(top-6 protected)
TOR OUT: BOSH

*** I still don't think this is a great trade for Toronto, but at-least it is palatable if they HAVE to lose BOSH. GSW do great any way you look at it, as they dump one of their HORRIBLE contracts, and get at top prospect in Hickson, plus 2 1st round picks (or keep their own if it is top-5). Cavs do good just because of Bosh( Maggette sucks, but that is the price of getting a great talent).
We the People...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#4 » by turk3d » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:41 am

Garbage for the Warriors. We even give up our #1 pick this year with practically no protection (guaranteed after this trade we're going to have one of the worst records) and for an expiring Z and Wall Scerbiak? All this to have someone take Randolph off our hands? Pure garbage. All this just to get Cleveland over the top. lol.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#5 » by lakerhater » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

Warriors shouldn't do this. I'm not that excited about Hickson and what will probably be 2 late first round picks. It's a quality vs quantity type of trade (in relation to potential not current production) and the W's shouldn't do this.

The keeper players exchange boils down to this:

AR and a non top 5 lotto pick

for

Hickson and 2 picks between 25 and 30

Regardless of Maggette's contract the W's should steer clear from attempted heists like this.

In no way, shape or form is this trade a "steal" for the Warriors.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#6 » by heathmalc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

turk3d wrote:Garbage for the Warriors. We even give up our #1 pick this year with practically no protection (guaranteed after this trade we're going to have one of the worst records) and for an expiring Z and Wall Scerbiak? All this to have someone take Randolph off our hands? Pure garbage. All this just to get Cleveland over the top. lol.

What??????

You get 2 - 1st round picks, a potential 2nd rounder, you DUMP Maggette's horrid contract, and you get Hickson, who may be better than Randolph anyway.

As a Cavaliers fan, I'd prefer not to do this trade anyway...and I KNOW Toronto fans don't want to get rid of Bosh.

So...GSW can keep their pick, which will be ruined by your inept FO anyway, and you can keep your lousy Maggs.

I'd rather figure out a way to make a straight deal with Toronto, if we were trading for Bosh. That way we dont have to take on Maggette & his over-priced contract.
We the People...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#7 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:52 am

WHOA! Sorry I didn't see that GSW 1st added before. Your right Turk, this is garbage.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#8 » by Triumph36 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:54 am

heathmalc wrote:
Also, the Cavs wouldn't do it w/o protecting 2012.
lol. yes, they would.

regardless, deal won't work for the reasons already stated.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#9 » by lakerhater » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:58 am

heathmalc wrote:
turk3d wrote:Garbage for the Warriors. We even give up our #1 pick this year with practically no protection (guaranteed after this trade we're going to have one of the worst records) and for an expiring Z and Wall Scerbiak? All this to have someone take Randolph off our hands? Pure garbage. All this just to get Cleveland over the top. lol.

What??????

You get 2 - 1st round picks, a potential 2nd rounder, you DUMP Maggette's horrid contract, and you get Hickson, who may be better than Randolph anyway.

Cavs can keep their late first round picks and Hickson.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:21 am

Just a lot of the same crap we didn't want before..in a worse deal. Warriors say...don't call us..pick on someone else.

Bunch of lowball garbage....as usual. Not fixable.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#11 » by old rem » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 am

Coxy wrote:WHOA! Sorry I didn't see that GSW 1st added before. Your right Turk, this is garbage.

:thinking: what's worse than Garbage? The Warriors pick can not be protected. The Cavs pick is VERY low and the other won't play here for 5 years..that guy is in Jr High now. GSW gets 2 slow DNPs and a F half as good as Randolph. I'd sooner keep Maggette a while longer. He's playing well lately.

Terrible deal...someone should feel embarassed for even trying such a weak rip off.
CENSORED... No comment.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#12 » by Kyben36 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 am

WAlly isnt even on CLE, he is a FA right now, and how is Big Z even close to worth Bosh,
old rem
RealGM

Post#13 » by old rem » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:53 am

heathmalc wrote:

What??????

As a Cavaliers fan, I'd prefer not to do this trade anyway...and I KNOW Toronto fans don't want to get rid of Bosh.

So...GSW can keep their pick, which will be ruined by your inept FO anyway, and you can keep your lousy Maggs.

I'd rather figure out a way to make a straight deal with Toronto, if we were trading for Bosh. That way we dont have to take on Maggette & his over-priced contract.

If you can get Bosh for the bunch of nothing you have to trade,they ought to build a statue of you right in the middle of Lake Eire.

We probably will draft okay, this draft crop is a bit over-rated though. Hopefully the Next coach does development well.
CENSORED... No comment.
Chris Hansen
Banned User
Location: Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. Why don't you have a seat over there?

Post#14 » by Chris Hansen » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 am

Put cle's 2 picks going to tor
take our GS pick

and its decent
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Post#15 » by DowJones » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:48 am

1. I think Cleveland would have to add an expiring for Marcus Banks to sweeten the deal a bit for Toronto.

2. Golden State won't deal their #1 pick AND Randolph for a package like this, even if they do get to dump Mags.

So the deal boils down to this....

-Toronto trades Bosh and Banks for Anthony Randolph, Speedy Claxton, and Delonte West (expiring)
-GSW trade Randolph, Claxton, and Maggs for Hickson, 2010 1st, 2012 1st, Z, and Wally
-Cleveland trades Hickson, Z, Wally (sign and trade), West, 2010/2012 1st for Bosh, Banks, and Maggs

To make it even more simple, the deal boils down to this...

1. Is Anthony Randolph, a quality role player in Delonte West, and the chance to dump Banks' contract enough for Bosh?
2. Is Hickson, a pair of late 1st round picks, and dumping Maggs enough to pry away Anthony Randolph?

I am inclined to think that Golden State would say yes while Toronto would say no. I don't know if Randolph and West is enough for Bosh unless Toronto is really high on Randolph and they feel Bosh is a lock to bolt at the end of the season.
Ukraine Train
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Ukraine Train » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 am

This deal is horrible for the W's. Randolph is gaining more and more confidence and has
already shown that he is upside is very high. The W's are not going to be giving up a
potential high lotto pick for 2 late #1's. That is just a joke even if we do unload
Maggette. Big no from the W's.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#17 » by don nelson » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:24 am

Ukraine Train wrote:This deal is horrible for the W's. Randolph is gaining more and more confidence and has
already shown that he is upside is very high. The W's are not going to be giving up a
potential high lotto pick for 2 late #1's. That is just a joke even if we do unload
Maggette. Big no from the W's.

+1

Return to Trades and Transactions