DAL/NYK

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

DAL/NYK 

Post#1 » by matt6715 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Shawne Williams, JJ Barea, James Singleton, Quintin Ross, Drew Gooden, cash

for

Jared Jeffries, Nate Robinson, Jordan Hill

More cap space for the knicks, and some decent players for the mavs. Robinson is an upgrade over Barea, and the Mavs had their eyes on Jordan hill (who hasnt seen the floor) during the pre-season. The Knicks can either keep Gooden or buy him out with the cash included in the trade for instant cap relief. Everyone else is on expiring deals. Is this too much value for the knicks to give up?

I originally didnt have Jordan Hill in the deal, but I think the Mavs would want a big man back if they were giving up Gooden.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: DAL/NYK 

Post#2 » by 2011Champs » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:33 pm

The only thing I have against doing this trade would be for chemistry issues. Barea is the team's little mascot and I am not sure to as how even if Nate>>>Barea translates to more wins. Can Jordan Hill play center? On paper I do like this trade but I just have to wonder if it would actually help Mavs out this season.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#3 » by Rockazoids » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:57 pm

NY are not going to trade the #8 pick & Nate just to move JJ for the Mav junk & their masot.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
eaglebaldini
Rookie
And1: 26

Post#4 » by eaglebaldini » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:29 pm

i think people are too quick to judge Hill based on the fact that he hasn't played this year. the Knicks value him very highly, so he's not just some throw-in to make a deal work.

if Hill is part of this trade, then the Knicks should be getting a #1 pick back.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 am

I don't see NY trading Hill so quickly. He hasn't produced yet but he also hasn't been given much of a chance yet.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 am

Not trading Hill (not to mention also Robinson) just to get rid of Jeffries.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,921

Post#7 » by stuporman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:43 am

People think, including some Knick fans, that because Hill isn't playing he either sucks or isn't in the franchise's plans. Nothing could be more further from the truth. There's more to it than 'he can't get playing time on the sucky Knicks so therefore....' and then add your personal spin on why.

In limited minutes he's shown great touch on a jumper, nice instincts in blocking shots and solid fundamentals with man on man as well as help defending. His post moves have been called raw but they are more like needing to be polished. The difference is he has the moves and quite a few of them but they aren't quite NBA quality yet. As opposed to 'raw' which he needs to develop them from a place of not having any and just getting by on athleticism.

He is very athletic but still doesn't utilize it to it's fullest quite yet. His offensive moves are still hesitant and his defensive energy is too aggressive which results in fouls. These are things that will settle down with more playing time of another couple years to refine technique and gain experience. He's not too far out of regular rotation skill wise it's just Mike D' likes to play a tight rotation and he doesn't want to sacrifice team chemistry and continuity for player development much to the dismay of Knick fans and their impatient mindset.

If he was given 15mpg he'd likely put up fairly decent numbers of potentially double digit points, a handful of rebounds and a block per game. He's a guy who frustrates fans because they see other players selected after him getting big minutes and he's still stuck in a numbers game roster wise and won't really get to log serious minutes until next season at earliest.

So, no, I don't see the Knicks giving up him to move Jefferies since it doesn't put them in two max contract territory to move JJ and the guy has been the key to the Knicks recent resurgence as a do it all defender and glue guy. He's finally earning his contract so he actually could be valuable to a team needing his sort of contributions.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#8 » by 2011Champs » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:13 am

moocow007 wrote:Not trading Hill (not to mention also Robinson) just to get rid of Jeffries.

I think the reason why this trade is posted is in reference to the story out that Robinson's agent asked for the Knicks to be traded. So this is not the Knicks getting rid of Jefferies, it is giving in to trade demands by Robinson's agent.
I agree about the Hill part. I wouldn't trade him either.

Return to Trades and Transactions