Camby to Sacramento

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Camby to Sacramento 

Post#1 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 am

Clippers Get:
Kenny Thomas (Expiring)
Donte Green

Kings Get:

Marcus Camby (Expiring)
Sebastian Telfair

Clippers shed Telfair's contract for next season and get a decent prospect in Green.
Kaman/Griffin/Thornton/Gordon/Davis
Sacramento makes an inexpensive move to make a run for the playoffs and to tutor Hawes.
Camby/Thompson/Nocioni/Martin/Evans
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Re: Camby to Sacramento 

Post#2 » by longfellow44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am

Not worth it for the kings. We aren't going to compete for a championship this year so why do the kings make this trade. Green is a long term prospect you don't trade those for short term gains that you lose in 6 months.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:15 am

Sacramento declines (I assume).
SVThawk
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SVThawk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:25 am

Change Camby to Kaman and we might continue talking. Otherwise no way. Infact even with the addition of Kaman i'd probably still say "Kings hang up" because most kings fans are high on Donte Greene.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#5 » by jgustav1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:54 am

I'd rather attempt to deal Camby to Portland, maybe Camby for Przybilla and Bayless. He doesn't have enough value for Sacramento since they are unlikely to make it to the playoffs, although they are a significantly improved team from last year.
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#6 » by Clip34life » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:03 am

jgustav1 wrote:I'd rather attempt to deal Camby to Portland, maybe Camby for Przybilla and Bayless. He doesn't have enough value for Sacramento since they are unlikely to make it to the playoffs, although they are a significantly improved team from last year.

Would Portland do that?
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#7 » by jgustav1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:14 am

Possibly, depending on how far they want to go in the playoffs this year, Camby could make a big difference. They could also resign Camby after the season if he is a good fit there. Clippers would assume Przybilla's contract since he is out for the year and he has a player option for next season that he would probably exercise.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#8 » by Bac2Basics » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:57 am

What about

Camby
for
Nocioni, May & 2nd round pick

Kings get their big they seek.

For the Clippers, May could be easily cut, if a roster spot was needed for another trade. If the Clippers found some way to trade away Baron Davis for instance. Nocioni plays one of the Clipper's weaker positions (SF) and his contract decreases as each year passes. Nocioni also maintains enough of a defensive presense to lessen what's missed by trading Camby.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
cdt3
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#9 » by cdt3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 am

Donte was great tonight against Kobe even with a late block. Even got stitches and came back and played tough on Kobe.

No thank you.
cuad
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by cuad » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Donte plays some amazing games. He's not worth trading for a 6 month rental.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#11 » by Det the Threat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:What about

Camby
for
Nocioni, May & 2nd round pick

Kings get their big they seek.

For the Clippers, May could be easily cut, if a roster spot was needed for another trade. If the Clippers found some way to trade away Baron Davis for instance. Nocioni plays one of the Clipper's weaker positions (SF) and his contract decreases as each year passes. Nocioni also maintains enough of a defensive presense to lessen what's missed by trading Camby.

Andres Nocioni and his great contract is really what other teams are looking for...

Sorry, but we won't trade away any financial flexibility in the coming years just to add Nocioi.

BTW: I really doubt that Camby to Sacramento makes any sense. They're a very young team that might make it to the playoffs, but aren't searching for the final piece to a deep playoff run. The Clippers, on the other hand, will only deal Camby if it nets them an upgrade at sf(Nocioni isn't one) or draft picks/young players.
That's why those two team don't make great trading partners in a deal involving Camby.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#12 » by SportsFan215 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:43 pm

I wouldn't do this for the CLips. Not enough incentive to move Camby.

Return to Trades and Transactions