Milwaukee / Oklahoma City

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,679

Milwaukee / Oklahoma City 

Post#1 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:07 am

Milwaukee sends: Andrew Bogut, Dan Gadzuric
Milwaukee receives: Etan Thomas, Nenad Krstic, Kevin Ollie, Oklahoma City 2010 1st, Phoenix 2010 1st

Oklahoma City trades: Etan Thomas, Nenad Krstic, Kevin Ollie, Oklahoma City 2010 1st, Phoenix 2010 1st
Oklahoma City receives: Andrew Bogut, Dan Gadzuric, Francisco Elson

Rather then risk being able to sign, draft or trade for a center Oklahoma City takes action this season and picks one up. Bogut is a defensive/rebounding center they need and won't be pressured to do a lot on their team like he is with the Bucks. He also is only 24 and will fit in with their core better then just about any center available (Kaman, Haywood, Dalembert, Lee). Better yet, they don't give up a core piece to get him (Green/Harden). They do take a hit taking on Gadzuric but he will be a $7 million expiring for Presti to do his work with next season. Getting Bogut will also help their playoff chances this season.

The Bucks need to do something and quick. Bogut isn't the #1 or #2 player we need him to be so we need to ship him out and get something worth while. Picking up a stopgap center in Krstic, dumping Gadz and getting two (probably low 20s?) firsts is a good return. We should have max cap space (or near) to go after a B-list free agent as well. Trading Bogut also insures us blowing and likely getting a top 5 pick with our first as well.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Trades and Transactions