NO-CLE-NY..Solid Semi-Blockbluster Deal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Houston Suns
Senior
And1: 0

NO-CLE-NY..Solid Semi-Blockbluster Deal 

Post#1 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 am

NOTE: This isn't my original idea, I saw it on another board, and I liked it a lot, for all teams involved. I tweaked it a bit, I didnt add Picks, because i think the value is already good as is. I'm sure picks can be added if need be.

New Orleans
Incoming:J.J. Hickson, Eddy Curry, Jordan Hill, Wilson Chandler, Jamario Moon
Outgoing:David West, James Posey, Julian Wright, Darius Songaila

Cleveland
Incoming: David West, James Posey, Darius Songaila
Outgoing:Zydrunas Ilgauskas, J.J. Hickson, Jamario Moon

New York
Incoming:Julian Wright,Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Outgoing:Eddy Curry, Jordan Hill, Wilson Chandler

Why for NO?
They trade their All star, who has been playing good ball lately and Although take back a horrible Contract in Curry, they get nice young players. And they actually save money with this deal. It gets them under the Lux tax. And IMO they improve as a team for the future and now.
Paul/Collison
Chandler/Thornton/Brown
Peja/Moon
Hill/Hickson/Songaila
Okafor/Curry/Marks

Why for CLE?
They get their perfect PF, at not much cost at all. This should be a no-brainer for the Cavs. They become instantly better.
Williams/Gibson
Parker/West
Lebron/Posey
West/Songaila
Shaq/Varejao

Why for NY?
The knicks clear up enough space to sign 2 max free agents in the summer. Something that should have their FO salivating over. They lose chandler and hill. But who would you prefer?? Chandler/Hill or 2 Max worthy FAs?? Also, I even read that Hill is even behind Marcus Landry on the bench. So don't try to over rate him knick fans. That said, I still think Hill will be pretty good, don't twist my words please :D .
Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallo/Wright
Jefferies/Harrington/Bender
Lee/Z/Bender
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: NO-CLE-NY..Solid Semi-Blockbluster Deal 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:06 am

Very interesting.

With MAX cap space and big Z in NY, I'd say thats even more incentive for LBJ to move to Madison Square Garden.

Very interesting deal here, well thought out...........
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#3 » by GotItNow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 am

Houston Suns wrote:
Why for NY?
The knicks clear up enough space to sign 2 max free agents in the summer. Something that should have their FO salivating over. They lose chandler and hill. But who would you prefer?? Chandler/Hill or 2 Max worthy FAs?? Also, I even read that Hill is even behind Marcus Landry on the bench. So don't try to over rate him knick fans. That said, I still think Hill will be pretty good, don't twist my words please :D .
Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallo/Wright
Lee/Z/Bender

NY can just buy out Eddy for 2-3 million less re-sign Lee and keep both Hill and Chandler which is better than having only the second Max player. At least that's the way most of the board seems to feel about it and I agree. If Eddy doesn't want to do it and we can't trade Jeffries then maybe we have to get creative but until that point is reached I really doubt they'll be doing anything like that.
MozGov: But in the game vs. Miami coach allowed me to smell the powder and face LeBron.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#4 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:38 am

GotItNow wrote:
Houston Suns wrote:
Why for NY?
Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallo/Wright
Lee/Z/Bender

NY can just buy out Eddy for 2-3 million less re-sign Lee and keep both Hill and Chandler which is better than having only the second Max player. At least that's the way most of the board seems to feel about it and I agree. If Eddy doesn't want to do it and we can't trade Jeffries then maybe we have to get creative but until that point is reached I really doubt they'll be doing anything like that.

With this deal, you could resign Lee, and still sign 2 max players...Are you insinuating that Hill and Chandler are worth more than a Max worthy player??(i.e Bosh, Wade, Lebron etc?)
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#5 » by GotItNow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 am

Houston Suns wrote:
GotItNow wrote:
Houston Suns wrote:
Why for NY?
Duhon/Douglas
Hughes/Robinson
Gallo/Wright
Lee/Z/Bender

With this deal, you could resign Lee, and still sign 2 max players...Are you insinuating that Hill and Chandler are worth more than a Max worthy player??(i.e Bosh, Wade, Lebron etc?)

No we wouldn't have enough to sign Lee plus 2 max.
MozGov: But in the game vs. Miami coach allowed me to smell the powder and face LeBron.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#6 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 am

How much are yall looking to sign Lee for??
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#7 » by shrink » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:16 am

GotItNow wrote: NY can just buy out Eddy for 2-3 million less re-sign Lee and keep both Hill and Chandler which is better than having only the second Max player. At least that's the way most of the board seems to feel about it and I agree. If Eddy doesn't want to do it and we can't trade Jeffries then maybe we have to get creative but until that point is reached I really doubt they'll be doing anything like that.

1. Why do you think Eddy Curry would agree to take $2-3 mil less than his guaranteed contract?

2. I disagree that its better than having the second max player two. Without the second max player waiting, the first may be less likely to sign. LeBron is not saying, "Man, since NYK has Lee, Chandler and Hill .. I want to join that dynasty!" But if you had the money for him and Wade, then he might look at NYK differently.
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#8 » by GotItNow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 am

Houston Suns wrote:How much are yall looking to sign Lee for??

Who knows for sure but we figure he'll get about 10 per.
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#9 » by GotItNow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 am

shrink wrote:
GotItNow wrote: NY can just buy out Eddy for 2-3 million less re-sign Lee and keep both Hill and Chandler which is better than having only the second Max player. At least that's the way most of the board seems to feel about it and I agree. If Eddy doesn't want to do it and we can't trade Jeffries then maybe we have to get creative but until that point is reached I really doubt they'll be doing anything like that.

1. Why do you think Eddy Curry would agree to take $2-3 mil less than his guaranteed contract?

2. I disagree that its better than having the second max player two. Without the second max player waiting, the first may be less likely to sign. LeBron is not saying, "Man, since NYK has Lee, Chandler and Hill .. I want to join that dynasty!" But if you had the money for him and Wade, then he might look at NYK differently.

1.) Because he can re-sign with someone else and have a chance to get some playing time and have the chance to resurrect his career. He's still only 27, he'll probably like an opportunity to do that. He doesn't fit at all in NY.

2.) Wait a second, actually having the second max player is not the same as having the space for him. You're right that the first one may be less inclined if the room is not there for the second one but we don't know we'll even get the first and we don't know what that first would want anyway. I'm not inclined to move what talent we have just for the F of it.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#10 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 am

GotItNow wrote:

10 mil per for Lee the way he is playing right now, sounds about right.
But thats only because he is the #1 option on the knicks..10 mil per for Lee on a good team, will prove to be over paying for value. Ex: Emeka Okafor.
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#11 » by GotItNow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 am

Houston Suns wrote:
GotItNow wrote:

10 mil per for Lee the way he is playing right now, sounds about right.
But thats only because he is the #1 option on the knicks..10 mil per for Lee on a good team, will prove to be over paying for value. Ex: Emeka Okafor.

Maybe you're right but the guy does what it takes to get better every year and he works his butt off every game. It'll be an interesting offseason for the Knicks and a lot of teams.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Post#12 » by bishnykfan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 pm

The Knicks won't trade Chandler and Hill just to move Curry. If they can't move JJ/Curry then they will resign Lee, sign one max FA, and wait a season to sign max FA #2. It maybe a strategy that costs them Lebron, but that is what they will do IMO. They are choosing a definite roster including Chandler, Hill, Lee, max FA #1 (i.e. Joe Johnson/Amare etc.), plus max FA #2 in 2011 over a potential lineup that includes Lebron/max FA #2.

I think they would move Hill to get rid of Curry, but not Hill and Chandler.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#13 » by N.O.R.E. » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 pm

bishnykfan wrote: If they can't move JJ/Curry then they will resign Lee, sign one max FA, and wait a season to sign max FA #2.

A max FA, Curry, Lee (@$10 million), Jeffries plus the various rookie contracts and minimum cap holds is probably more than the salary cap.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#14 » by mcfly1204 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

I doubt Cleveland eats those contracts AND sends away their best prospect to pickup West.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#15 » by shrink » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 pm

GotItNow wrote:
shrink wrote:

1.) Because he can re-sign with someone else and have a chance to get some playing time and have the chance to resurrect his career. He's still only 27, he'll probably like an opportunity to do that. He doesn't fit at all in NY.

2.) Wait a second, actually having the second max player is not the same as having the space for him. You're right that the first one may be less inclined if the room is not there for the second one but we don't know we'll even get the first and we don't know what that first would want anyway. I'm not inclined to move what talent we have just for the F of it.

1. What has Curry done to make you think he's that motivated?

2. Its not for the F of it. Its to increase your chances. I understand it doesn't give you 100%, and if you don't feel the bright lights of nyc can draw an elite free agent ...

I guess I just don't see either one. Agree to disagree, I guess.
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#16 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:I doubt Cleveland eats those contracts AND sends away their best prospect to pickup West.

It actually makes them a better team. Cavs get a no brainer for West. Hickson at best is a 6th man in the future.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#17 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm

knicks would maybe deal one of them ( i doubt it though) to rid of eddy, 2 both is 100% out of question
Houston Suns
Senior

Post#18 » by Houston Suns » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:knicks would maybe deal one of them ( i doubt it though) to rid of eddy, 2 both is 100% out of question

Well I'm sure Chandler would be the one NO would most likely want..But straight expirings for Curry and Chandler, is severely over paying..dont you think?? Curry is the most un-tradeable player in the league, and to get straight expirings for him is a blessing.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Unless Z comes back to Cleveland I'd be willing to argue just adding west doesn't make them a better team at all.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#20 » by Starksfor3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 pm

NY says no

Return to Trades and Transactions