LAKERS and RAPTORS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

LAKERS and RAPTORS 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm

LAL TRADES: Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton, Sashsa Vujacic, Adam Morrison

LAL RECEIVES: Chris Bosh, Jarett Jack, Rasho Nesterovic, Amir Johnson

the Lakers make the rumored Bynum for Bosh swap

Fisher-Jack-Farmar
Kobe-Brown
Artest-Odom
Bosh-Johnson-Powell
Gasol-Nesterovic-Mbenga

TOR TRADES: Chris Bosh, Amir Johnson, Jarett Jack, Rasho Nesterovic

TOR RECEIVES: Andrew Bynum, Luke Walton, Sashsa Vujacic, Adam Morrison

Bosh decides to move on, so the Raptors move him for Bynum

Calderon-Farmar-Banks
Vujacic-Derozen-Belinelli-Wright
Turkoglu-Walton-Weems-Morrison
Bargnani-Evans
Bynum-Obryant
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Re: LAKERS and RAPTORS and Bucks 

Post#2 » by Relentless88 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Raptors pass, we don't want to give up Jack. And after Bynum everything coming back is crap. I mean Walton is our starting SF?
mikemulloy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by mikemulloy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:43 pm

bucks pass, as a celtics fan, ive seen how bad banks is first hand.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Raps get raped in this deal. And why are the Bosh discussions still going on?
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Post#5 » by shagadelic45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 pm

edited....
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:05 pm

No thanks. The Raptors pass.

Do you really think this is a fair trade?
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#7 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm

wtf? If the rumor was Bosh for Bynum why add Jack/Amir/Rasho who all have value. Jack is our starting PG, Amir first big off the bench and still young and a expiring contract and Rasho is also an expiring

stupid idea and stupid trade.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
tradedmascot_14
Senior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by tradedmascot_14 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:wtf? If the rumor was Bosh for Bynum why add Jack/Amir/Rasho who all have value. Jack is our starting PG, Amir first big off the bench and still young and a expiring contract and Rasho is also an expiring

stupid idea and stupid trade.

Seriously. The rumor was a 1 for one trade and now we are taking LA's garbage and giving up valuable contributers? I don't understand. Is this one of those "You are going to lose him anyway" Bosh deals? The value is clearly off.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Re: LAKERS and RAPTORS 

Post#9 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:41 am

The OP is about fair in his assessment of value. His lack of basketball understanding is what makes it bad.

For the raptors fans that think LA is obliged to add to Bynum's value for Bosh, LOL. Your star is the most famous guy on the tradeboard due to his clearcut discontent in Toronto... now you want us to pay 2:1 for someone who would otherwise be headed elsewhere? Good luck w/ Bosh... I seriously hope he stays in Canada for the sake of the game and the fanbase. But apart from that, you won't have much more than Beasley + Haslem + your own 1st back as the best possible offer.
cujo2k3
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#10 » by cujo2k3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 am

warren weel im wrote:The OP is about fair in his assessment of value. His lack of basketball understanding is what makes it bad.

For the raptors fans that think LA is obliged to add to Bynum's value for Bosh, LOL. Your star is the most famous guy on the tradeboard due to his clearcut discontent in Toronto... now you want us to pay 2:1 for someone who would otherwise be headed elsewhere? Good luck w/ Bosh... I seriously hope he stays in Canada for the sake of the game and the fanbase. But apart from that, you won't have much more than Beasley + Haslem + your own 1st back as the best possible offer.

lol @ people who have seem to have some sort of sense of entitlement when it comes to Bosh. Show me anywhere where it states that bosh is unhappy in Toronto, because he has repeatedly stated how he loves it here and considers it his first home. The reason all these trades have popped up is because of the Bosh - Bynum rumours and this has spurned fans' interest in making blockbusters. Regarding your trade, Beasley is a tweener cancer, haslem is garbage and our first will be around 20th, NO THANKS!! Worst case scenario is a sign and trade in the summer, because that way he can get his 130 million and sign with almost any team he wants, for example, to Philly for Iggy and Dalembert, to Utah for a Boozer S&T with fillers, to NO for west and pieces, to lakers for Bynum and expirings... Need I go on? Basically any deal revolving around a player making 10 million+, and a couple other players making less, or expirings & perhaps a combination of draft picks, and the team doesn't even need to be a team with cap space. Basically that means all 30 NBA teams will come knocking, and you think we will take that **** offer? Dream on. The raptors have much more trading power than the average NBA/non-raptor fan thinks. If you disagree take a look at one of Dagger's threads on the rap board and come back to me.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#11 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 am

I dont want to trade Bynum for Bosh but if it can net us a great PG it may be worth it
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am

cujo2k3 wrote:lol @ people who have seem to have some sort of sense of entitlement when it comes to Bosh. Show me anywhere where it states that bosh is unhappy in Toronto, because he has repeatedly stated how he loves it here and considers it his first home. The reason all these trades have popped up is because of the Bosh - Bynum rumours and this has spurned fans' interest in making blockbusters. Regarding your trade, Beasley is a tweener cancer, haslem is garbage and our first will be around 20th, NO THANKS!! Worst case scenario is a sign and trade in the summer, because that way he can get his 130 million and sign with almost any team he wants, for example, to Philly for Iggy and Dalembert, to Utah for a Boozer S&T with fillers, to NO for west and pieces, to lakers for Bynum and expirings... Need I go on? Basically any deal revolving around a player making 10 million+, and a couple other players making less, or expirings & perhaps a combination of draft picks, and the team doesn't even need to be a team with cap space. Basically that means all 30 NBA teams will come knocking, and you think we will take that **** offer? Dream on. The raptors have much more trading power than the average NBA/non-raptor fan thinks. If you disagree take a look at one of Dagger's threads on the rap board and come back to me.

You are right in saying Beasley is a weak player... but to say he is a tweener cancer out of pure hate is just plain stupid. I don't like him either, I find his love for 3-pointers and mid-range jumpers annoying and I don't like him on my team. But you failed to see where my team was, its way out West in LA, you know, that team that just won last season.

Bosh getting traded emanates from the obvious - he is frustrated in Toronto. Frustrated of how he has done everything he can and management has not responded with the right moves. To continually collect Euros and sacrifice defense doesn't justify "making moves." The Bosh-Bynum rumor came from Vecsey, and even on his article is as much surmising as it is proposing. You haven't heard or seen the real basketball fans of LA, not just the stargazers.

The fact that a Gasol-Bosh frontcourt is weak and super expensive doesn't bother you?

We do not like Bosh in LA. And I'm sorry to break it to you that Toronto DOES NOT HAVE LEVERAGE in any Bosh trade UNLESS it was done this year. If it is in the off-season, then Toronto would be settling for what is expendable from the other team. Just ask Orlando and Seattle.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#13 » by shangrila » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Even if he is frustrated, there are better deals for Toronto out there then this. They might not get the talent or potential of Bynum (although maybe they would) but they certainly wouldn't have to take back some hideous contracts while adding their own, productive players.

In the end I think it really was just a rumour created by some beat writer. The fit doesn't make sense for LA and the straight value isn't really there for Toronto either.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:25 pm

LA will not trade Bynum for Bosh. That as much I can be sure of.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#15 » by Dr Octagon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:31 pm

If Toronto is trading Bosh this season, Jose or Hedo have to go as well, unless the return is amazing.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

PeterJ wrote:If Toronto is trading Bosh this season, Jose or Hedo have to go as well, unless the return is amazing.

That tells ya that he isn't going to be traded at all and will choose his own destiny come July 2010.
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Joe Buddy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

warren weel im wrote:LA will not trade Bynum for Bosh. That as much I can be sure of.

Then why is LA calling the Raps regarding a Bynum/Bosh swap?
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Joe Buddy wrote:
warren weel im wrote:LA will not trade Bynum for Bosh. That as much I can be sure of.

I can assure you, they are not. I think you know very well what our weakness is - its PG. If we are calling TOR for anything, it will be for Jarrett Jack.

WE CANNOT AFFORD BOSH. Its that simple.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#19 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Joe Buddy wrote:

theyre not

peter vecsey is calling the raps pretending to be kupchak
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by Joe Buddy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Aki wrote:
Joe Buddy wrote:

theyre not

peter vecsey is calling the raps pretending to be kupchak

What a bastard that Vecsey is.

Return to Trades and Transactions