OKC/Min fair trade?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Drehova
Junior
And1: 1

Re: OKC/Min fair trade? 

Post#21 » by Drehova » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
Drehova wrote:I'd do this in a heartbeat

i bet you would.
Drehova wrote:I like Al but how much better do you honestly think he can get ? IMO he's tapped out as a 20/10 player ok D . That's not being negative because I'm a Big , Big AL fan I was at The Mickey D's AA gmae in OKC when he played and knew then the kid would be a monster in the paint. But I disagree if you think he's acan improve so much that this deal isn't fair. And coming off a knee injury I think that's a fair deal .

26-26 bitch.

Minny counters with Flynn, Gomes & the Utah pick for KD & Weaver.

26-26 ... don't think so bitch. Maybe if KD was coming off a major knee injury and reportedly the front office wanted to move him like the T'Wolves with Big Al and we didn't have a pg better than Flynn maybe we would consider ... Naaaa
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,515

Re: OKC/Min fair trade? 

Post#22 » by shrink » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 pm

I rolled my eyes at "tapped out at 20-10."

First, Jefferson has averaged 20-11+ over his last three years.

Second, those years he was age 21-24. Players "tap out" at that age? Man - I thought it was more like 30.

Third, anyone who's watched Al the last few years will tell you he's improved, and continues to improve with all his hard work. You don't get the best low-post moves in the NBA without hard work.

Fourth, do you know how hard it is to average 20-10? People act like this happens all the time, when there are only a handful of guys that can do it for more than a season, and they rarely do it when they are under 25.

Part of the scary thing about Al Jefferson is that he's already this good, and he's got plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. He's a borderline All Star already but he's such a hard worker, its scary to think he can be even better, by improving his game, or being on a team where he doesn't have to do it by himself.

Return to Trades and Transactions