Kings / Wolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

cdt3
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Kings / Wolves 

Post#21 » by cdt3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Why the Jason Thomspon hate?

Here are the players JT outrebounds right now: Amare, Dalembert, K Martin, Bynum, Nene, Dirk, Varejo, Aldridge, Scola, Dirk, DWest, KDurant. .

JT is #14 right now in scoring for PFs at 23. Most PFs are scorers and around 1 block a game where he is also.

This is all after basically have zero confidence in the last 2 weeks. As soon as he starts playing well the guy was on pace for a 15/10/1. That is pretty elite company and he is just in his second year.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,419

Post#22 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I think the Wolves pass on this pretty easily since SG Kevin Martin is a BIG injury-risk for the contract.

Yeah he's young still and could hopefully become injury-free but I think they'd be better off developing the G's they have (or will draft).

Hawes/ Love would be terrible BUT so would Jefferson/ Thompson, not sure why the Kings would want that besides "seemingly" trying to cash in on Martin while they can.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#23 » by shrink » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:12 pm

cdt3 wrote:Why the Jason Thomspon hate?

Here are the players JT outrebounds right now: Amare, Dalembert, K Martin, Bynum, Nene, Dirk, Varejo, Aldridge, Scola, Dirk, DWest, KDurant. .

JT is #14 right now in scoring for PFs at 23. Most PFs are scorers and around 1 block a game where he is also.

This is all after basically have zero confidence in the last 2 weeks. As soon as he starts playing well the guy was on pace for a 15/10/1. That is pretty elite company and he is just in his second year.

I'm not sure where you're getting your stats. NBA.com has Jason Thompson at 8.9 RPG, and there are far more players in front of him than the ones you've listed.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Re ... 1&splitDD=

I don't think anyone has said they hate Jason Thompson
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#24 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 pm

shrink wrote:
cdt3 wrote:Why the Jason Thomspon hate?

I'm not sure where you're getting your stats. NBA.com has Jason Thompson at 8.9 RPG, and there are far more players in front of him than the ones you've listed.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Re ... 1&splitDD=

I don't think anyone has said they hate Jason Thompson

You're better than that Shrink
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#25 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

His point, Shrink, is WHO he is ahead of on that list. All those guys are PF's or C's that teams' fans' have proposed that we trade for and THROW-IN Jason WITH Martin and maybe picks - in other words rating them as FAR BETTER than JT. He points out that JT - at 23 in his second season - is ALREADY at that level as a power post player (i.e. rebounding/blocks/D) if not quite yet as a scorer (which is not or area of need anyway), and as he matures and starts to garner more respect from NBA officials, he will have less PF's and those numbers will only improve because of his skillset and internal motor. In addition, at 6'11" he can slide to C in an uptempo lineup and match with all but the biggest C's around the league. I can actually see a JT/Jefferson frontline and a Hawes/Love frontlilne working because in both cases the players DO compliment each others skillsets. One of the reasons that Boozer and Okur work so well together in Utah is because they create an inside/outside matchup problem for the opposition. Very few C/PF players are comfortable coming outside to guard a shooter. Therefore if your post combo includes a low guy and a high guy, you either pull a shot blocker out of the paint or cause him to be out of position so that he is forced to wither back off or foul when your swingmen go to the hole.

That said, I am STILL not enamored of Big AL - a guy who had 26/26 the other night and his team still LOST in TRIPLE-OVERTIME to a team with NO TRUE PF OR C!!!

That is something that sets off LOTS of red flags about him in my mind. We can cover Kevin's defensive deficiencies by shifting him to guarding PG's while Tyreke takes care of the big guard. But AJ leaves a BIG hole in your post D and that is hard to make up.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#26 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Why do people fee the need to unnecessarily capitalize random words? WHO, WITH, LOTS

Pretty lame dude
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#27 » by Esohny » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:His point, Shrink, is WHO he is ahead of on that list. All those guys are PF's or C's that teams' fans' have proposed that we trade for and THROW-IN Jason WITH Martin and maybe picks - in other words rating them as FAR BETTER than JT. He points out that JT - at 23 in his second season - is ALREADY at that level as a power post player (i.e. rebounding/blocks/D) if not quite yet as a scorer (which is not or area of need anyway), and as he matures and starts to garner more respect from NBA officials, he will have less PF's and those numbers will only improve because of his skillset and internal motor. In addition, at 6'11" he can slide to C in an uptempo lineup and match with all but the biggest C's around the league. I can actually see a JT/Jefferson frontline and a Hawes/Love frontlilne working because in both cases the players DO compliment each others skillsets. One of the reasons that Boozer and Okur work so well together in Utah is because they create an inside/outside matchup problem for the opposition. Very few C/PF players are comfortable coming outside to guard a shooter. Therefore if your post combo includes a low guy and a high guy, you either pull a shot blocker out of the paint or cause him to be out of position so that he is forced to wither back off or foul when your swingmen go to the hole.

That said, I am STILL not enamored of Big AL - a guy who had 26/26 the other night and his team still LOST in TRIPLE-OVERTIME to a team with NO TRUE PF OR C!!!

That is something that sets off LOTS of red flags about him in my mind. We can cover Kevin's defensive deficiencies by shifting him to guarding PG's while Tyreke takes care of the big guard. But AJ leaves a BIG hole in your post D and that is hard to make up.

You realize that 1) the Rockets are a very good team and 2) Aaron Brooks playing out of his mind is what won that game for them, don't you?

And Love and Hawes don't compliment each other at all.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,419

Post#28 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:That said, I am STILL not enamored of Big AL - a guy who had 26/26 the other night and his team still LOST in TRIPLE-OVERTIME to a team with NO TRUE PF OR C!!!

You're not serious when Al Jefferson outrebounded/ scored Rox starting PF/C combo Scola/ Hayes:
Al Jefferson: 26/ 26 | Luis Scola 12/ 5 Chuck Hayes 10/ 17

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=2010011310

The problem was w/ the perimeter not interior defense. Flynn/ Sessions got prison r@ped by Aaron Brooks.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#29 » by shrink » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 pm

My apologies. I mis-read the post. I glanced at the names of guys who have historically been decent rebounders, and assumed these were the guys ahead of him.

Thompson is #14 in rebounding, #25 among those when all qualify. The kid is a decent rebounder. There's no hate here.

Return to Trades and Transactions