First max player to go : Bosh

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Kid Vicious
Analyst
And1: 478

Re: First max player to go : Bosh 

Post#81 » by Kid Vicious » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Bulls fans, I got a better idea. How about Bosh for Swirsky? Would you give him back to us? We'll even throw in Derozen for y'all.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#82 » by 6_Rings » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

andrewww wrote:@ the op

dude, no need to take shots like that. i happen to not necessarily agree to the S&T theories as much as some raptor fans, but there's no denying that bosh is not going going to get traded before the deadline unless colangelo gets an incredible offer.

and regarding how bad the raptors are, i couldn't agree more... funny thing is though your bulls are even crappier than these crappy raptors who play no defense, and outside of rose (who i don't consider right now or ever will be in the same boat as a chris paul or deron williams), the bulls are really built the same way around one star.

actually if u indulge me. i'm actually proposing a solution that will be beneficial to the Raps in a worst case scenario. because i believe you can get a more serviceable player if you trade him now. scratch my trade proposal to the Bulls. i believe most of you think that i just want him on my team without even thinking. how about for Andre Igoudala? Bynum? do you think you can get them in a s&t? i don't think so. but if you think otherwise then tell me/us. ur colleague insulted me first.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#83 » by vado » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 pm

6_Rings wrote:
that's not what ur mother told me.

The fact that you think Bosh would re-sign with Toronto makes your credibility as small as your penis and brain.

and for somebody who claims to be the best poster in Realgm speaks well of his credibility. for you suck jack-****.

have fun exiting the first round sucker.

edit: and yeah have fun with Turkododo for the next 5 freakin' years.

Where did I say I think Bosh is resigning with Toronto? That was my first post in this thread. The fact is he has a better chance of resigning with Toronto then going to NJ or Chicago. He would be in the exact situation he is in now except probably worse in those cities. Teams like Miami, Houston and New York (because of marketing) actually have a chance. You created this flaming piece of **** thread and got exposed for how incredibly stupid you are for thinking anybody would take that (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trade. Now you are just trying to work yourself back up but you are just too much of an idiot.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#84 » by andrewww » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm

6_Rings wrote:
andrewww wrote:@ the op

dude, no need to take shots like that. i happen to not necessarily agree to the S&T theories as much as some raptor fans, but there's no denying that bosh is not going going to get traded before the deadline unless colangelo gets an incredible offer.

and regarding how bad the raptors are, i couldn't agree more... funny thing is though your bulls are even crappier than these crappy raptors who play no defense, and outside of rose (who i don't consider right now or ever will be in the same boat as a chris paul or deron williams), the bulls are really built the same way around one star.

actually if u indulge me. i'm actually proposing a solution that will be beneficial to the Raps in a worst case scenario. because i believe you can get a more serviceable player if you trade him now. scratch my trade proposal to the Bulls. i believe most of you think that i just want him on my team without even thinking. how about for Andre Igoudala? Bynum? do you think you can get them in a s&t? i don't think so. but if you think otherwise then tell me/us. ur colleague insulted me first.

first off, this wasn't a very useful thread to start. anyone could have made a similar post about blowing up the bulls when they choked hard against the kings with a big lead at home.

secondly, there are a lot of immature raptors fans on this board but to me, you may not be a raptor fan but by starting this thread and with your insults and apparently your basketball "knowledge", youve shown to be quite an immature hothead yourself.

and lastly, alot of american media members are quite ignorant and fit the stereotypical anti american sentitude sometimes. they dont know half of what's going on in toronto, yet they make stories of possible trade rumors of which many dont even make sense. im not saying bosh will or will not resign because i dont really care either way (because committing max dollars to him will cripple this team even more than it already is with bargnani, turkoglu and calderon), but an example of a bynum trade just doesnt make sense unless there are more pieces. when i say not making sense, its not regarding chemistry but rather DOLLARS. bynum i believe (could be wrong) is a base year salary player, and even if he wasnt, his salary doesnt match bosh's.

thats why i think these "what if" threads are more often than not just pure speculation, and not even half of it is educated. :roll:
lakerfan10770
Starter
And1: 3

Post#85 » by lakerfan10770 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Jakay wrote:re: tax nonsense

Yeah, I know the Raps have addressed that already by sending out stuff to the player's union about how contracts are structured so that there's very little extra tax from playing in Canada, since the player's themselves also had no idea. That was years ago though. For someone already on the team, obviously they're going to know that side of the business already so it wouldn't be a real concern, and any agent who's not just some random friend would also be well aware of this.

Do you know how the Canadian income tax tax works for non-canadian professional athletes? I tried googling it and got a bunch of random stuff (including links to threads on RealGM). I am familiar with the jock tax, in which states try to collect income tax to income received by professional athletes, singers, actors, etc while in a said state. I assume that these athletes must pay some tax to Canada, but I am not sure how much.

For anyone interested in reading about the jock tax, I found a very interesting article about it on LA Times website (Link: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/12 ... jock-tax12).
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#86 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

lakerfan10770 wrote:

Yeah, I know the Raps have addressed that already by sending out stuff to the player's union about how contracts are structured so that there's very little extra tax from playing in Canada, since the player's themselves also had no idea. That was years ago though. For someone already on the team, obviously they're going to know that side of the business already so it wouldn't be a real concern, and any agent who's not just some random friend would also be well aware of this.

Do you know how the Canadian income tax tax works for non-canadian professional athletes? I tried googling it and got a bunch of random stuff (including links to threads on RealGM). I am familiar with the jock tax, in which states try to collect income tax to income received by professional athletes, singers, actors, etc while in a said state. I assume that these athletes must pay some tax to Canada, but I am not sure how much.

For anyone interested in reading about the jock tax, I found a very interesting article about it on LA Times website (Link: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/12 ... jock-tax12).

From the US standpoint, you usually get tax credits. Example, if you were to get taxed in the another country X amount you sill have to pay your US taxes for income earned in another country do taxes paid in Canada are essentially credited back to the US up to that amount.

Publication 54 -- from the IRS greater explains the tax guide for US citizens earning money abroad.

Most of these countries have tax treaties with the US, so these systems are in place. Certainly, making money in Canada you have to pay Canadian taxes.

Jock tax is a funny one too. You can thank the Lakers getting " Jordan'd" for that one. :lol:
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#87 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:15 am

lakerfan10770 wrote:

I don't know the details of it much in the same vein that I have no mastery of the CBA. As far as I can glean though, because almost all NBA player's make their place of residence in the US, with all the away games and such, they spend enough time stateside (like that country divide is an ocean :lol: ) that they can claim their income in their home state, which makes them subject to that state's tax laws rather than Canadian ones.

Now somehow in all this they do end up being hit with a rather minor levy on the Canadian side of the border, so it's not a total wash, but it's not something a good accountant can't drastically minimize either, to the point of being a non issue.

The taxed amount has much more to do with the what the player's home state is, and that's what really makes the difference. There's no jock tax up here, since I think the provincial governments conceded that it would do more harm than good, and have made concessions on that front to ensure that Canadian teams in every sport don't give up a competitive advantage from the whole issue.

What Phil X said is basically the US side of this, since all that income is considered off shore income but needs to be declared anyhow, thus circumventing the "off shore" country's tax laws but still having it as taxable income.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#88 » by Jakay » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 am

And for what it's worth, I think Bosh ends up in San Antonio for some reason. And for the whole "teams with cap-space facilitating the trade but not landing the star" reason's I've already mentioned.

I don't think any of the team's with space are going to land a star, really. Miami might keep Wade, Toronto might keep Bosh, and I don't think Bron bolts.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#89 » by coldfish » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am

I don't know if Bosh is going to bolt. As a Bulls fan, I think his most likely destination is Miami if he does.

That being said, keeping Bosh is far and away Toronto's best option. They aren't going to get squat for him in trade as an unrestricted free agent. The only leverage they have is the 6th year and more likely than not, his agent is going to squeeze a S&T out of Toronto for picks and capspace under threat of retaliation.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#90 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:40 am

IMO Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Johnson will all stay. NJ will overpay Amare and get 1997+ Shawn Kemp at 20 mil a year. Boozer surprisingly stays in Utah
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#91 » by 6_Rings » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 am

vado wrote:
6_Rings wrote:
that's not what ur mother told me.

The fact that you think Bosh would re-sign with Toronto makes your credibility as small as your penis and brain.

and for somebody who claims to be the best poster in Realgm speaks well of his credibility. for you suck jack-****.

have fun exiting the first round sucker.

edit: and yeah have fun with Turkododo for the next 5 freakin' years.

Where did I say I think Bosh is resigning with Toronto? That was my first post in this thread. The fact is he has a better chance of resigning with Toronto then going to NJ or Chicago. He would be in the exact situation he is in now except probably worse in those cities. Teams like Miami, Houston and New York (because of marketing) actually have a chance. You created this flaming piece of **** thread and got exposed for how incredibly stupid you are for thinking anybody would take that (Please Use More Appropriate Word) trade. Now you are just trying to work yourself back up but you are just too much of an idiot.

you must be on drugs if you think you'll get equal value for Bosh. or you might be posting from a mental institution? Miami? good luck in getting Beasley who you won't need anyway since you have a flaming pile of crap in Turkodoo. Houston? who that Argentine guy who's pushing 30? hope you're not referring to New York because I have to declare you legally insane. lol

and stop all those theatrics. bad words and all. did ur parents brought you up well? ur parents must be worst. maybe ur trailer trash.

edit: sorry i didn't notice ur first post. i probably ignored it because it's not a quality post unlike what you claim you are. best poster bah. if ur the best poster then the Raps are world champs. credibility bs.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Slackerr
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#92 » by Slackerr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 am

This is a pretty funny thread.
totallyr
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#93 » by totallyr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

Are your 10, 998 other posts just as clever
To all our soldiers serving overseas, be safe and come home soon
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#94 » by BlackIce » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:50 am

:lol:
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#95 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 am

I know that this is just going to inspire more flame from TO fans but I DO believe that Bosh is gone.

I would offer Hawes/KT(9.3 exp)/Greene/and any one of Noc/Garcia/Sergio + our 2010 # (Top 3 protected) for Bosh plus pick your bad contract (and we'll add a little more if necessary to make the #'s work).
Vietbrah
Pro Prospect
And1: 925

Post#96 » by Vietbrah » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

6_Rings wrote:
vietsensfan wrote:GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE.

WHAT POSSIBLE REASON WOULD THE RAPTORS HAVE TO MAKE THAT TRADE?!?!?!

WHY WOULD WE WANT EXPIRINGS WHEN BOSH HIMSELF IS EXPIRING? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME PLEEEEASE. OF COURSE YOU’D BE A BULLS FAN. *SIGH*

it's all caps so you must be angry. lol.

let's say Bosh wants to go to Miami. do you think BC can do a S & T for him without gutting Miami's roster? Beasley? no way! the most value you can get is Udonis Haslem. while if you do the trade at the deadline, get more expirings to play the 2010 market or make a play for rumoured tradeables like Andre Igoudala, Kirelinko, Boozer, heck even Tmac.

up to you, it's a lost season anyway if you continue to play him but his heart is somewhere else.

Stop talking. You're just embarrassing yourself. If Miami doesn't want to part with Beasley then they don't get Bosh. Easy as that. Why would we want expiring?!?! Bosh is an expiring himself.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#97 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 pm

For the last time... Hinrich has negative trade value.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#98 » by miamiballer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 pm

id personally part w/ beasley nw for bosh just to be able to go over the cap and resign UD and q rich, aslton

others wont and would rather just sign bosh outright in the offseason

also, if bosh wants out, tor wont get anything close to beasley in sign and trade value from anyone, more likely TPE and picks, low level prospect (s) just based on past precedent
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#99 » by deviljets7 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:
The other S&T's I can think of are the Martins, Joe Johnson ones and so forth, which was good for both sides.
Yes I understand the benefits of a TE. and for a team with no cap it is very useful. Another problem with those examples (correct if im wrong ofcourse), but Lewis and Hedo's respective teams had no interest in signing them or matching the bids therefore anything they could get was gravy since they were going to lose the player anyway..

Martin and Joe Johnson were restricted free agents. That is why Phoenix and New Jersey were able to get as much value as they did in those s&t compared to the ones with Rashard Lewis, Hedo, etc.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions