Philly-Indy-Portland swap

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,467

Philly-Indy-Portland swap 

Post#1 » by youngcrev » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Travis Diener
Steve Blake
Travis Outlaw

Outgoing Players
Jason Kapono
Lou Williams

Salary dump, plain and simple. With talks of possibly moving Iguodala (which I think would be (Please Use More Appropriate Word)), might as well look to a lesser player to move some salary. Lou is having a very nice year, but Jrue Holiday is the future at the point for this team (if not John Wall), and this sheds 11M or so off the cap for next year.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Jason Kapono
Louis Williams

Outgoing Players
Jeff Foster
Earl Watson
Travis Diener

The Pacers get themselves a good young guard that could fit in nicely at the point under Jim O'Brien. Lou gives this team a guy that get in the lane to score or dish, which should open up some things for their shooters. Kapono gives them yet another shooter, something O'Brien can't get enough of.

Portland Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Jeff Foster
Earl Watson

Outgoing Players
Steve Blake
Travis Outlaw

The Blazers get themselves a much needed center, and one that could fit in very nicely with the team. Watson would be a nice 3rd PG behind Miller and Bayless.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Re: Philly-Indy-Portland swap 

Post#2 » by BringBackKorver » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am

No thanks, Lou is on a great contract, and there is no reason to get rid of him just to dump Kapono. If you really want to shed some salary, there are probably a couple teams willing to take on Green for an expiring.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#3 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 am

why is Foster much needed in Portland???...they already have 2 big men on the injured list. Foster is injured as well...bad back, and he hasn't played since before Christmas.

And a back injury at Foster's age could easily be a chronic problem

no chance the Blazers do this. none
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#4 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

Blazers would want Dalembert.
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#5 » by Jugs » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:16 am

more like wouldn't want.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#6 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am

Wizenheimer wrote:why is Foster much needed in Portland???...they already have 2 big men on the injured list. Foster is injured as well...bad back, and he hasn't played since before Christmas.

And a back injury at Foster's age could easily be a chronic problem

no chance the Blazers do this. none

Ah, didn't realize Foster was hurt. NVM.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#7 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Jugs wrote:more like wouldn't want.

Really? They're still a playoff team and could really use another, or should I say A center. Some Blazer fans have said they'd be interested.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#8 » by Agenda42 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

sixerswillrule wrote:

Really? They're still a playoff team and could really use another, or should I say A center. Some Blazer fans have said they'd be interested.

Dalembert would really help in Portland. If I had expirings that I didn't care about keeping, I'd deal for him from a Portland perspective.

Unfortunately, Portland doesn't have enough of those to make the deal.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#9 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:35 am

Agenda42 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

Dalembert would really help in Portland. If I had expirings that I didn't care about keeping, I'd deal for him from a Portland perspective.

Unfortunately, Portland doesn't have enough of those to make the deal.

yeah...if the 76ers were interested in przybilla + outlaw/blake there might be the basis of a deal.

But I can't see why they'd be interested in that
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#10 » by youngcrev » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:40 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
yeah...if the 76ers were interested in przybilla + outlaw/blake there might be the basis of a deal.

But I can't see why they'd be interested in that

I'd take that deal... especially if Przybilla plans on opting out. Sam is playing really well right now, but the team is going nowhere, and he likely doesn't have a future with the team passed (or is it past?) his contract.

The team needs cap relief for next year, and moving Sam makes a hell of a lot more sense than moving a package that includes Iguodala.

I think the only thing that might give the Sixers pause about moving Sam for expiring contracts is his closeness the Haiti situation, as it may not be a good PR move.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#11 » by Agenda42 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:12 am

youngcrev wrote:I'd take that deal... especially if Przybilla plans on opting out. Sam is playing really well right now, but the team is going nowhere, and he likely doesn't have a future with the team passed (or is it past?) his contract.

I forked off a separate thread to get a wider assessment of this deal, because I think it's an interesting deal for Portland as well.

Return to Trades and Transactions