Clippers/Rockets/Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Clippers/Rockets/Kings 

Post#1 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:37 am

Kings out: Kevin Martin, Donte Greene, 2nd
Kings in: Eric Gordon, Ricky Davis (cut), Sebastian Telfair, David Andersen

(Kings cut Sean May)

Why for Kings? Get a great, young fit for Tyreke in the backcourt.

Rockets out: Shane Battier, David Andersen
Rockets in: Marcus Camby, Sac 2nd

Why for Rockets? Get much needed size upfront. Plus he's an expiring, so this will give them more money to try and get a FA.

Clippers out: Eric Gordon, Ricky Davis, Sebastian Telfair, Marcus Camby
Clippers in: Kevin Martin, Donte Greene, Shane Battier

Why for Clippers? They get a perfect SF for their starting rotation, and elite scorer to put alongside Baron, and a stud prospect in Greene.

Kaman/Jordan
Griffin/Thornton/Smith
Battier/Greene/Thornton
Martin/Greene
Baron/Brown/(Butler Trade)

(Trade Butler for another PG?)

Trade ID: 5411676
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Clippers/Rockets/Kings 

Post#2 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 am

RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by RoxFan08 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 am

The Kings will never get that kind of return for Martin. He just misses too many games.

I'm not against trading either Battier or Andersen for expirings, but we need youth/1st coming our way in addition to get us talking. Camby satisfies the first requirement, but not the second.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#4 » by ejftw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:59 am

Clippers would just cut Sacramento out and send a 2nd of their own to Houston with Camby if thats what it takes for Battier & Andersen.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:01 am

Greene is not a filler. He's a legit prospect.
citizen bob
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by citizen bob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 am

This trade confuses me. Ultimately, its good for all teams involved but the price is just too high for the Clippers. I like the idea of getting Battier, but since you have Camby as the main piece, why would we need any other teams to facilitate the deal?

I do not like the idea of giving up Gordon who is on a rookie scale contract for Martin who is paid big bucks. Clearly Martin is the better player, but only time will tell if Gordon gets to or surpasses his level. From a defensive standpoint, Gordon is about the only decent defender we have. I can't see us giving him up for anybody short of a Chris Paul type character.

Another good try, but Gordon is going to be tough to pry away. The Camby for Battier idea is a done deal as soon as the Rockets get the inkling. We need more maturity on our team and Battier is the epitome of maturity.
citizen bob
Banned User

Post#7 » by citizen bob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 am

ejftw wrote:Clippers would just cut Sacramento out and send a 2nd of their own to Houston with Camby if thats what it takes for Battier & Andersen.

I don't think we own a second until 2015. Dunleavy has a talent for unloading crap and getting a decent return on investment.

Still, I think we need to begin the Battier to LA campaign again. It looks like the Rockets will make the playoffs so they will definitely need size to compete. Our bargaining position improves by the day.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Slackerr » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 am

LAC can do better if they wanted to trade EG. IMO, send Sac's 1st (top 3 protected?) to LAC and that would be a pretty good trade for all sides. Rockets might need a bit more too. Not entirely sure what you would want to send to them. I think this trade could work out for all sides if there was a bit more value sent out to the Rockets and a lottery 1st to LAC.
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#9 » by Rendezvous » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:08 am

No Thanks.
cdt3
Rookie

Post#10 » by cdt3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:24 am

Donte Greene is the best defensive (at 20) and shot blocking big man on the Kings. They aren't trading him for 29 year old career backup center in Anderson. Hilton Armstrong (25) is even a more legit center prospect than Anderson.

Even if Geoff Petrie felt the need to trade Martin he rarely acts in panic. Petrie would wait until Martin had the most value before trading him.

Why would the Kings bring in any 1 or 2 with Evans/Beno/Garcia already with big contracts?

This trade doesn't help the Kings.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#11 » by ejftw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:48 am

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Greene is not a filler. He's a legit prospect.

Wasn't trying to imply that he is, just think that the Clippers would be better off cutting Sacramento out and taking Battier/Andersen themselves.

Baron|Gordon|Battier|Smith|Kaman with a bench of Brown|Telfair|Buckets|Butler|Thornton|Andersen|Jordan and Skinner|Collins|Griffin on the Inactive List is better than what it would be including the Kings.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#12 » by dozencousins » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 am

This trade sucks for the KINGS

no way....

Return to Trades and Transactions