Raptors / Warriors: Raja Bell To Toronto

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Re: Raptors / Warriors: Raja Bell To Toronto 

Post#21 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Wow this is bad for Golden State why do they make this deal? To have Banks take up salary? No way they do that when they have Morrow, Bukie, Ellis and Curry in their backcourt. Banks is just a expensive backup.

Raja Bell isn't worth a late first with his current injry and age unless Golden State takes some extra money back in return.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#22 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Or we could just keep Banks, rather than taking on an injured Bell who is out till at least the playoffs and even then likely won't be in form. If either Jose or Jack get injured, Banks has proven that he can step in and play some very good defense this year. We gain more by holding onto Banks now and using him and reggie as expirings next season.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#23 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 pm

totallyr wrote:I've said it before and i'll say it again, Warriors posters make more sense than Warriors management when it comes to trades

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amazing how that get paid so much to eff up so royally.
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#24 » by RapsGM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I'd rather keep Banks. If Jose or Jack go down, Banks has shown he is a capable back up. Bell is pretty much done for the year. I dont see him being very effective this season, coming from the wrist surgery.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#25 » by don nelson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 pm

RapsGM wrote:I'd rather keep Banks. If Jose or Jack go down, Banks has shown he is a capable back up. Bell is pretty much done for the year. I dont see him being very effective this season, coming from the wrist surgery.

Great! Then this trade's DOA since there are no Warrior posters who like this trade and you don"t.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#26 » by yehyeh82 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Bell is hopeful to come back next month according to the Warriors GM. So February at the earliest and most likely March. That still gives him a month to get back in the flow of things. I can't believe anyone would rather keep Banks, lol.

Riley said he hopes Bell will return from his wrist surgery sometime next month.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0e2y8Yvbr
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#27 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 pm

RapsGM wrote:I'd rather keep Banks. If Jose or Jack go down, Banks has shown he is a capable back up. Bell is pretty much done for the year. I dont see him being very effective this season, coming from the wrist surgery.

Exactly. Banks can help the Raps as you guys are gunning for the playoffs and Bell is out for the year. Banks does nothing for Golden State except get paid to warm the bench, Bell not playing gives other younger guys minutes in this waste of a season and he expires.

This trade makes no sense.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#28 » by Relentless88 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:47 am

don nelson wrote:

Great! Then this trade's DOA since there are no Warrior posters who like this trade and you don"t.

Doesn't really matter what your posters think. If the deal is as bad as this, most likely it's a yes from GSW management.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#29 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:11 am

The whole "this dumb trade is gold because that team's front office is stupid" schtick is boring and lame. Find a new one.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#30 » by jimmy keys » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:25 am

bay2hk wrote:What about Ramonovich/Turiaf plus 1st round pick for Chris Bosh

The above trade is as horrible as the op's proposal.

I hate when posters completely exaggerate to exemplify their point. The above trade isn't even remotely comparable to the OP's trade (not that it's a good one either).

Here's a tissue, go clean yourself up.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#31 » by J-Rich- » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 am

Relentless88 wrote:
don nelson wrote:

Doesn't really matter what your posters think. If the deal is as bad as this, most likely it's a yes from GSW management.

Warriors traded Crawful(at that time) and Jackson for expirings or better contracts...Both of those player's contracts were previously thought to be untradeable by everyone on this site because their contracts were bad...They haven't made a horrible trade in years so I don't know why people bring up warriors front office.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#32 » by Krapinsky » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 am

jimmy keys wrote:
bay2hk wrote:What about Ramonovich/Turiaf plus 1st round pick for Chris Bosh

The above trade is as horrible as the op's proposal.

I hate when posters completely exaggerate to exemplify their point. The above trade isn't even remotely comparable to the OP's trade (not that it's a good one either).

+ 1 -- it's not funny and not original. Just save the bytes.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Trades and Transactions