MIN/CHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Re: MIN/CHI 

Post#21 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm

There's like 3 players that Rose would be available for.
Rashoismydad
Junior
And1: 78

Post#22 » by Rashoismydad » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:16 pm

coldfish wrote:
shrink wrote:
ROFL! Take a class in logic.

I guess you might have missed a couple other variables changing this year. New coach. New triangle. New rookie PG. No Foye. No Mike Miller. Ten new players.

But no - in your boundless logic, you've concluded its just Al. If you've watched Al closely enough, you can also determine he's responsible for the NBA's small drop in attendance, and the increase in earthquakes in Haiti.

Anyway, my post was tongue-in-cheek. Clearly the Deng-for Al trade will make more sense to people outside of Chicago if Bulls fans post it another 40 more times here.

I know your post was tongue in cheek. Mine was somewhat. You just love poking Bulls fans on this board. I can take that from the Lakers and Cavs and Celtics fans. Coming from a 9-38 team, not so much, so I poke back.

At the end of the day, even really bad teams are going to score 80 a game and someone has to get those points. There is an old addage about high stats guys on bad teams, which Jefferson has been his whole life. The dude is overrated and he isn't on Derrick Rose's planet as far as being able to impact an NBA game.

At some point, after Minnesota has dumped him, got a real center, added quality wings, etc. and looks like a real team, you guys will look back and agree.

Dont waste your breath on these people. I dont know if they are just attached to Jefferson because he was the main piece of the KG deal or what. Maybe they are blown away by 23/11 on a bottom 5 team but fail to realize the context. I know they commonly try to deny or minimize his effort, passing, and defensive liabilities. I just hope you dont allow the rest of these fans to form your opinions of wolves fans. Theres plenty realistic, intelligent, and dedicated fans wanting Jefferson to be moved so our rebuild can start to blossom next season.
Shadilay
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#23 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Friend_Of_Haley wrote:There's like 3 players that Rose would be available for.

Jefferson, Love and Rubio right
Rashoismydad
Junior
And1: 78

Post#24 » by Rashoismydad » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:21 pm

john2jer wrote:To be fair, Rashoismydad would trade Jefferson for not-so-fresh road kill and a half-tin of chewing tobacco.

Like expirings and lotto picks in a draft full of bigs....oh no!

Sorry you have an erection for a one dimensional, lazy, black hole of a player who makes 12M+ and plays the same position as a BETTER player in Love. I just cant wait to rip into you clowns when Jefferson is actually moved and all your ridiculous worries about losing such an amazing player never come to fruition.
Shadilay
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by WAYSA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Klomp wrote:MIN Trades: Al Jefferson, Jonny Flynn, Nathan Jawai
CHI Trades: Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Jerome James

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5414810

Why for Chicago: They acquire the low-post go-to scorer they've been sorely lacking. Flynn provides a very solid replacement for Rose.

Flynn / Hinrich / Deng / Gibson / Jefferson

Why for Minnesota: They acquire Noah, college teammate of Brewer and likely a better fit alongside Love. Oh, and Rose too...

Rose / Brewer / Wilkins / Love / Noah

(Note 1: Jawai and James were only added to make salaries match. Both are expirings.)
(Note 2: I realize Minnesota may need to add more, probably either the CHA or UTAH 1st.)

Are you joking? This is just awful work.

Flynn isn't even remotely close to Rose. This is just laughable.

You are a mod? :oops:
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#26 » by Esohny » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Rashoismydad wrote:
john2jer wrote:To be fair, Rashoismydad would trade Jefferson for not-so-fresh road kill and a half-tin of chewing tobacco.

Sorry you have an erection for a one dimensional, lazy, black hole of a player who makes 12M+ and plays the same position as a BETTER player in Love. I just cant wait to rip into you clowns when Jefferson is actually moved and all your ridiculous worries about losing such an amazing player never come to fruition.

:roll:
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#27 » by horaceworthy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Rashoismydad wrote:

I'd like to see you design a trade that brings back expirings and multiple lotto picks in this draft for Big Al.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#28 » by horaceworthy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:00 pm

coldfish wrote:Minnesota fans like Shrink need to get realistic about their team's player's values. Kudos to Kahn for trying to sell high on Jefferson. He seems like a pretty smart GM.

It seemed more like trying to buy high on Granger to me. I don't think he can sell high on Big Al until Jefferson's fully healthy and playing at or near the level he was before he tore his ACL last year.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#29 » by CellarDoor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

This trade just isn't really feasible...
Derrick's from Chicago. Playing out of his mind. Our first all-star since Jordan, and the heart and soul of a team that's actually starting to look like it's on the upswing. The only person on the team you can say that about other than Derrick is the other guy in the deal, Noah, who's one of the league's better rebounders and just a flat out player.

Flynn looks very good (full disclosure: I've only seen him play around 10 times), but he doesn't look like he's someone with a ridiculously high ceiling. Jefferson is very good, but he's about as good as he's going to get, and he's got some serious flaws to go along with his serious strengths. You just don't trade a guy like Derrick who, if he's got a ceiling, it isn't anywhere we can see it.

This may become a punch-line aimed at Chicago fans in the coming months, but quote me, sig me, whatever: short of CP3, Lebron, Dwight there's no one I trade Derrick for without thinking twice. Guys like Kobe and Wade give me pause, but he's that good/likely has more time with our team.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#30 » by john2jer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Rashoismydad wrote:

Hey, it's a pretty big erection.

And new guy, I think the bit your running is amazing and all, but it's a bit off. I've never once said Jefferson was untouchable. I said above in this thread that Chicago was getting ripped off in this deal. I just think Jefferson is worth more than the pile of trash you always want to trade him for.

There's a difference between not wanting to trade a player, and not wanting to trade him for garbage.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Trades and Transactions