MIA/PHI Philly Cuts the Fat Miami Goes for it

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

MIA/PHI Philly Cuts the Fat Miami Goes for it 

Post#1 » by Paz » Sat Feb 6, 2010 4:43 pm

Here's the deal.... Read the reasons below.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzr3ql9

Miami Out:
Haslem (PF)
J. O'Neal (C)
Jones (SF)
Richardson (SG)
Chalmers (PG)
2010 1st Rd. TOR
2010 2nd Rd. MIA
Cash

Philadelphia Out:
Iguodala (SG)
Brand (PF)
Dalembert (C)
Williams (PG)

Miami Heat Lineup:
L. Williams/R. Alston
D. Wade/D. Cook
A. Iguodala/ D. Wright
E. Brand/ M. Beasley
S. Dalembert/J. Anthony

Although the Heat uses up all of it's potential 2010 FA cap space this team is a contender for the championship. Brand is almost completely back to being the Brand from all of our recent memories and can provide the heat with that inside/outside offense that worked well for them in 2005-2006 by creating a post up option with Brand and a defensive anchor with Dalembert. Williams runs the offense very efficiently and with Wade and Iggy on the wings this team has a lot of options to score. There are also 3pt options waiting to be unleashed from the bench. All in all this trade is an offensive/defensive upgrade all around.

Philadelphia 76ers Lineup:
J. Holiday/ M. Chalmers
A. Iverson/ Q. Richardson
T. Young/J. Kapono
U. Haslem/J. Smith
M. Speights/J. O'Neal

Cap space, picks, and cash oh my! This trade unloads all of the albatross contracts it had acquired for that sweet sweet cap space. This trade opens up a whopping $31,991,526 in 2010 space. It gives PHI the 19th pick in the 2010 draft as well as a new 2nd. The cash involved with this trade is for Jones, he has 1.9mm owed to him if Phi wants to cut him.

All in all, this trade gives Philadelphia and Miami what they both want.
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Re: MIA/PHI Philly Cuts the Fat Miami Goes for it 

Post#2 » by BringBackKorver » Sat Feb 6, 2010 4:56 pm

Sure why not? I guess it gets what the organization wants. We'd be pretty darn terrible this year and next. Just have to hope we can make a few good signings.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#3 » by Paz » Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:11 pm

BringBackKorver wrote:Sure why not? I guess it gets what the organization wants. We'd be pretty darn terrible this year and next. Just have to hope we can make a few good signings.

This year, the Sixers will def. be one of the worst teams in the NBA. That isn't all bad because the worse you are the more likely you will end up with something good during draft time. During the summer the Sixers can target not only one, but any number of available free agents to round out their team during one of the most talked about off seasons, probably, of all time. The FA's + the draft picks + their current talent = Pretty darn good if built correctly. IMHO
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#4 » by BringBackKorver » Sat Feb 6, 2010 6:06 pm

Paz wrote:
BringBackKorver wrote:Sure why not? I guess it gets what the organization wants. We'd be pretty darn terrible this year and next. Just have to hope we can make a few good signings.

This year, the Sixers will def. be one of the worst teams in the NBA. That isn't all bad because the worse you are the more likely you will end up with something good during draft time. During the summer the Sixers can target not only one, but any number of available free agents to round out their team during one of the most talked about off seasons, probably, of all time. The FA's + the draft picks + their current talent = Pretty darn good if built correctly. IMHO

Well the top free agents don't matter, because nobody will want to sign with us after we trade all the big signings we've made. We would have to overpay somebody like David Lee to come, and then we'd most likely be in the same position in a couple years. That's why I'm not a fan of blowing up the team. I don't think we should do any move that doesn't help us on the court.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#5 » by Agenda42 » Sat Feb 6, 2010 6:13 pm

I think this is awful for Miami. They're the frontrunners for getting Bosh this offseason in my view. Bosh is better than Iguodala and signing Bosh doesn't mean you have to take on the lousy contracts of Brand and Dalembert.
Lord Leoshes
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Lord Leoshes » Sun Feb 7, 2010 3:55 am

The Heat rather have their cap. & PHI should be able to get a better deal then this anyways. I understand that they get rid of Berts, & Brand contracts, but if they waited, they could get better, & if not they should wait till the summer when teams dont get the players they wanted, & have a boat load of cap to trade. Then they could ask for more, cause teams will be desperate to get a player like Iggy.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#7 » by Foshan » Sun Feb 7, 2010 10:59 am

I agree, right now, this is bad for Miami. This off season, if/when Bron/Bosh resign, I think they'd be much better off striking some type of deal like this Iggy/Brand than signing Boozer to a max deal.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#8 » by BBallFreak » Sun Feb 7, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, I'd pass. I love the idea of getting Iggy and Daly, but Brand? Not a fan at this point. Iggy and Daly would be a secondary deal for me, after acquiring a guy like Bosh. Not the only deal...
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#9 » by doctor him » Sun Feb 7, 2010 4:36 pm

Foshan wrote:I agree, right now, this is bad for Miami. This off season, if/when Bron/Bosh resign, I think they'd be much better off striking some type of deal like this Iggy/Brand than signing Boozer to a max deal.

I agree. This is the type of deal that you do over the summer once you've been spurned by your free agent targets.

Because not everyone is going to get Chris Bosh. He can only play for 1 team at a time.

His suitors (as I see now just to sign him) are: Toronto, New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Miami, Houston and maybe Dallas. And that doesn't even count the possibility of sign and trades with potentially the Lakers to start.

So...when Bosh goes to New York for argument's sake...and Boozer gets overpaid by Chicago and let's even say Stoudamaire goes to New Jersey, what then for the rest of the teams with cap space buring a hole through their pockets?

I know...every fan base believes their team is going to get the guy or guys they target, but it's not going to work out like that for many teams.

That's when some more contracts are going to move.
Diggity Dave
Veteran
And1: 153

Post#10 » by Diggity Dave » Sun Feb 7, 2010 4:49 pm

I completely agree. Once the FA smoke clears, we'll probably see an equally epic flurry of trades as teams look to fill in the blanks, acquire the '10-'11 expirings, etc.

PToastMan wrote:"I really hope the Knicks weren't selling secrets to the Nazi's, if so, **** the Knicks"

Return to Trades and Transactions