My Knicks Plan

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: My Knicks Plan 

Post#21 » by Grover » Sun Feb 7, 2010 2:23 pm

+1 unfortunately. Everyone puts far too much value on their young players; especially us New York fans. I still believe Walsh packages some combination of Lee, Galinari, Hill and to a lesser extent Douglas with Curry and Jeffries for a lousy expiring return and takes a chance on Lebron and Bosch coming together and building around that core. You get one shot in the NBA to get a crack at one of the best in history in his prime and logic dictates you have to go for it. If Walsh strikes out they can't be much worse starting off fresh than this putrid squad of losers.
Swammy
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Swammy » Sun Feb 7, 2010 3:05 pm

Darren wrote:Are you kidding? I think NY's the best possible options for big names. Maybe you just need to clear either Curry or Jeffries at the expense of either Lee or Hill. Then you guys will be really fine approaching the offseason.

They're just New York haters. They have no logic. All they say is "Lebron is not coming to New York". That's where the conversation starts and ends.

OP i should not of called you a (Please Use More Appropriate Word). I'm' sorry buddy.

LakeshowKobe24- There's no need to weep. Stop being a little girl. A ban for calling a dude a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in a sports forum?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#23 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Feb 7, 2010 3:48 pm

Knicks get Caron Butler, Andray Blatch and Delonte West
Wizards get Larry Hughes and Zydrunus Ilgalskus, JJ Hickson and Cavs 1st rounder
Cavs get Antwan Jamison and Mike Miller

There is really no way to describe this as anything other than an absolutely awful trade. NY trades Hughes and gets back Caron, Blatche and Delonte? How in the world could that happen?

Cleveland gives up Z, Hickson, Delonte and a first for Jamison and Miller (both overpaid and one often injured player). That's just awful value for the Cavs

This trade does nothing for anyone except the Knicks
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#24 » by heathmalc » Sun Feb 7, 2010 4:40 pm

I think that Amare will end up in New York.

New York fans don't like hearing it, but the truth is that LeBron will likely stay in Cleveland. There is a chance he could leave, albeit a small chance. Things would have to go really sour for him to leave. Dreaming of getting one of the greatest ever in his prime is not a bad thing, and the NYK plan is a good one that allows them to wait another year or two if they strike out in 2010. I think Walsh and Mike have done a good job in NY, and I think they will probably compete for their division title next year. But, as I said to begin this post, the player most likely to goto NY is Amare. Amare knows Mike's system, and he wants to goto a big market. Another player that NY may get with someone like Amare, is Rudy Gay. He is an under-rated FA in 2010, and would make NY a lot better than someone like Joe Johnson, who would also command more money, and is older.

As for the OP:
Delonte West has an unguaranteed contract. This means that he has a good contract from a franchise's point of view. Your assertion that the Cavaliers would be happy to rid themselves of him & his contract is made on false information. The Cavaliers really like West. If he is traded, it will be for a slam-dunk deal. The Cavaliers giving up Hickson,Z,West and a 1st for Jamison and Miller is not a slam-dunk....it isn't even decent from the Cavaliers perspective. There is almost a zero % chance that the Cavaliers deal directly with either New York or the Wizards. The Wizards because the Cavaliers do not trust them, and New York because they are viewed as future rivals, who the Cavaliers do not want to assist in getting better - unless it was a one sided deal....which wouldn't happen with Walsh in NY.
We the People...

Return to Trades and Transactions