nyk/phx/chi (lee,amare,deng,etc)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

nyk/phx/chi (lee,amare,deng,etc) 

Post#1 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Feb 7, 2010 5:50 am

was just playing with the trade checker, i think the team that says no is chicago but i could be wrong (idk if they have interest in amare):

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -29.5 ppg, -11.8 rpg, and -5.5 apg.
Incoming Players
-Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
7.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 21.8 minutes
-Jerome James
7-1 C from Florida A&M
No games yet played in 2009-2010
Outgoing Players
-Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes
-David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
19.9 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.9 minutes
-Nate Robinson
5-9 PG from Washington
13.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 3.7 apg in 24.4 minutes
-2012 top 10 protected 1st round pick
-2010 2nd round pick (whichever of the 2 is higher)

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +12.8 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +0.9 apg.
Incoming Players
-Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes
-Nate Robinson
5-9 PG from Washington
13.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 3.7 apg in 24.4 minutes
-Amare Stoudemire
6-10 PF from Cypress Creek (HS)
21.1 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 34.7 minutes
-2012 top 10 protected 1st round pick via nyk
-2010 2nd round pick (whichever of the 2 is higher) via nyk
Outgoing Players
-Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
7.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 21.8 minutes
-Luol Deng
6-9 SF from Duke
17.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.2 minutes
-Jerome James
7-1 C from Florida A&M
No games yet played in 2009-2010

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +16.7 ppg, +10.3 rpg, and +4.6 apg.
Incoming Players
-David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
19.9 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.9 minutes
-Luol Deng
6-9 SF from Duke
17.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.2 minutes
Outgoing Players
-Amare Stoudemire
6-10 PF from Cypress Creek (HS)
21.1 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 34.7 minutes

why for nyk: free up 11.2mill 2010 capspace.. also obtain jerome james, center of the future

why for phx: supposedly are after iguodala.. deng has outplayed him this year also obtain lee who has outplayed amare this year and at this point in their careers the better overall offensive player(more efficient scorer, better shooter, much much better passer, better rebounder), with nash would put up some scary numbers..

why for chi: i know deng has been in rumors, idk if they are after amare.. in this they obtain amare, also nate, a 1st and a second via nyk, though take on eddy(but lose deng's giant deal).. going into the summer of 2010, their total salaries would = 37.5mill after this deal not including nate/amare since they can become FA.. if they think they have a shot at wade, theyd obviously decline but idk their take on all that.. if i had to guess id say people on here decline this from chicagos standpoint
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Re: nyk/phx/chi (lee,amare,deng,etc) 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 6:25 am

I'm pretty sure Chicago would rather pursue Amare (if they are interested in him) or Wade in the offseason instead of trading for him now, giving Deng and he might not resign with them.
Also they wouldn't take Curry's contract. No one would. Jeffries maybe.

Did you just call Jerome James center of the future?????
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#3 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Feb 7, 2010 6:41 am

donemilio21 wrote:I'm pretty sure Chicago would rather pursue Amare (if they are interested in him) or Wade in the offseason instead of trading for him now, giving Deng and he might not resign with them.
Also they wouldn't take Curry's contract. No one would. Jeffries maybe.

Did you just call Jerome James center of the future?????

the jerome james comment is sarcasm (green font)

the way i was looking at it was secure one big name now, and go after a 2nd in 2011, something they dont have cap for if they keep deng

as is, they will have just enough room in 2010 for 1 max.. amare becomes that near-max in my scenario, but also eddy will expire and they could make a run at a guy like melo in 2011

ie: salaries going into 2011 if they made this deal would be like 32mill (assuming amare gets like 14mill annually, dont resign tyrus).. theyd then have also have noah as a rfa, ill guess he gets like 6-7mill/year so theyd be at ~39mill.. ill guess the cap is at around 57mill, thats room to throw a max deal at like melo, something they wouldnt be able to do if deng was still around... the logic is that deng/amare/rose/noah/etc isnt gonna contend for a ring imo, but a core of rose/melo/amare/noah/etc would be a very serious contender especially with an improved rose

again though i can easily see why they decline, i personally am not an amare guy not in the slightest idk how chicago fans feel about him

as far as eddy goes, like i said hes there to cut dengs deal out of 2011 and go for a superstar like melo, though who knows how realistic that is (but room for a max with amare/rose on the roster would be very intriguing to any FA).. remember that deng contract is enormous, hes owed over 14mill in 2013/2014.. hes a nice player but id only want him in win now mode like phx (who was looking at iguodala who has a similar deal/talent)
MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by MarJJMar » Sun Feb 7, 2010 6:53 am

this trade has no chance of happening.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#5 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:06 am

MarJJMar wrote:this trade has no chance of happening.

as if any trade made on this board has ever occurred? maybe 3 in the history of realgm? why dont you elaborate instead of coming in the thread and posting some bullsh*t like that

the point is to see who it is fair for and who it isn't, and why-- again, not post some bullsh*t like you just did
Westfo3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Westfo3 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:15 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:

as if any trade made on this board has ever occurred? maybe 3 in the history of realgm? why dont you elaborate instead of coming in the thread and posting some bullsh*t like that

the point is to see who it is fair for and who it isn't, and why-- again, not post some bullsh*t like you just did

Knicks fans post more bull then anyone.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#7 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:25 am

Westfo3 wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:

Knicks fans post more bull then anyone.

says the guy who hijacks any knick thread re: cap space clearing cause hes threatened we're gonna steal his superstar

i know how this board works, believe me
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Slackerr » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:41 am

Ehh. I don't like it for Chicago. I'm already iffy on giving up Deng for Amare for the following reasons: he can leave, his injury history, his deficiences (i.e. defense), and because of the opportunity cost of him vs. Bosh. Taking on Eddy Curry makes it a definite no from us. It helps that we're getting a 1st, but it's not until 2012, and at that point, if the Knicks hit it big in 2010 FA, we'll end up with a low pick as well.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#9 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:48 am

Slackerr wrote:Ehh. I don't like it for Chicago. I'm already iffy on giving up Deng for Amare for the following reasons: he can leave, his injury history, his deficiences (i.e. defense), and because of the opportunity cost of him vs. Bosh. Taking on Eddy Curry makes it a definite no from us. It helps that we're getting a 1st, but it's not until 2012, and at that point, if the Knicks hit it big in 2010 FA, we'll end up with a low pick as well.

a legit response, thank you

this is what i thought, im not a fan of amare either i just didnt know chicagos take on him
keith16
Senior
And1: 21

Post#10 » by keith16 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:55 am

Chicago would do this in a heart beat. I get your concern about potentially losing Amare for nothing but Chicago is one of the few cities that would feel comfortable with their chances of resigning him if he opts out. If you aren't willing to take a chance like this you shouldn't be an nba gm imo.

Pretty good trade overall.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Slackerr » Sun Feb 7, 2010 8:19 am

keith16 wrote:Chicago would do this in a heart beat. I get your concern about potentially losing Amare for nothing but Chicago is one of the few cities that would feel comfortable with their chances of resigning him if he opts out. If you aren't willing to take a chance like this you shouldn't be an nba gm imo.

What if Amare breaks down a year from now? We're stuck with an albatross contract at that point. Chicago balked at Thabo Sefolosha + Tyrus Thomas + multiple 1sts last year. We're giving up more in this trade, imo. I doubt we'd make a trade for him this year, especially since he got that eye injury as well. I'm actually a guy that wants Amare to Chicago, but it's not likely to happen. Reports from Chicago are that our interest in him is lukewarm at best. Even from reports from Suns insiders, IIRC, we weren't really that involved in trade talks.
keith16
Senior

Post#12 » by keith16 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 8:37 am

Albatross contract? are you kidding me? you only delay your cap space by 1 year in the worst case scenario. If it was guaranteed that Wade would sign with Chicago this summer I would totally agree with you but that is unlikely at best. You aren't getting Lebron or Bosh either so unless you enjoy spending the next few years in mediocrity getting slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs I don't see why you wouldn't take this risk, the talent upgrade is huge.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Slackerr » Sun Feb 7, 2010 8:44 am

keith16 wrote:Albatross contract? are you kidding me? you only delay your cap space by 1 year in the worst case scenario. If it was guaranteed that Wade would sign with Chicago this summer I would totally agree with you but that is unlikely at best. You aren't getting Lebron or Bosh either so unless you enjoy spending the next few years in mediocrity getting slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs I don't see why you wouldn't take this risk, the talent upgrade is huge.

Maybe I should've better explained myself, but I assumed there was a contract extension/new contract given to Amare. Thus, the albatross contract. Otherwise, why trade for Amare now, lose Luol Deng, and take on Eddy Curry? As a whole, Chicago takes a step back when they're better benefited just standing pat.
keith16
Senior

Post#14 » by keith16 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 8:55 am

I thought you were referring to Eddy Curry's contract. I'm not a Bulls fan but I think Rose/Amare/Noah would be really good together. Even if Amare opted out this summer you would still have the same amount of cap space that you would otherwise. Worst case scenario would be if, like you said, Amare got hurt and didn't opt out then you would have almost no cap space this summer, but next summer he, Curry and Salmons would come off the books and you would have a ton of space to go after Melo or whoever.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by hcsilla » Sun Feb 7, 2010 9:11 am

Slackerr wrote:
keith16 wrote:Chicago would do this in a heart beat. I get your concern about potentially losing Amare for nothing but Chicago is one of the few cities that would feel comfortable with their chances of resigning him if he opts out. If you aren't willing to take a chance like this you shouldn't be an nba gm imo.

What if Amare breaks down a year from now?

What if Deng breaks down a year from now? Again.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Slackerr » Sun Feb 7, 2010 9:14 am

keith16 wrote:I thought you were referring to Eddy Curry's contract. I'm not a Bulls fan but I think Rose/Amare/Noah would be really good together. Even if Amare opted out this summer you would still have the same amount of cap space that you would otherwise. Worst case scenario would be if, like you said, Amare got hurt and didn't opt out then you would have almost no cap space this summer, but next summer he, Curry and Salmons would come off the books and you would have a ton of space to go after Melo or whoever.

Well. Here were my thoughts. Amare gets traded to Chicago and since we're taking on Curry, we're probably going to extend Amare to whatever kind of a large contract likely between 5-6 years. If Amare gets hurt somewhere down the line, its going to incredibly hard to move him and if he loses some of his ability to play, he'll be the Elton Brand of whatever year he gets injured.

So we're stuck with Rose / Hinrich / ? / Amare / Noah as our long term. That's not a strong enough core to compete, imo.

Best case scenario from this is that we make some noise in the playoffs this year, but we won't be strong competitors. On the flipside, if Chicago just sits back and waits it out (or trades Salmons for expirings, but I think he'll opt out anyways), we can potentially have a Rose / Hinrich / Deng / Amare / Noah core which is a lot stronger than us having to do this deal. On top of that, we retain flexibility for the 2010 offseason since we can both sign whoever is available and make S+Ts using players like Deng.

Although, I do agree with you that Rose/Amare/Noah would be really good together. A pick and roll between Rose and Amare is just plain nasty. I don't see how anyone can guard those two without having other guys on the team play way off their guys, which opens up opportunities for easy Js and 3s. Personally, I'd like to make a trade for Amare, but with Bosh's emergence this year, I think its a safer bet to just stay put, retain flexibility, and see what's available in the offseason.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Slackerr » Sun Feb 7, 2010 9:20 am

hcsilla wrote:

From what? His multiple knee injuries? His 2 eye injuries? Deng has shown he's a good player when healthy, which he is. It doesn't look like his past injuries have slowed him down at all imo. Besides, all of his injuries weren't near the magnitudes of Amare. In addition to that, they're not even related to one another. I'll admit that Deng seems like a brittle player and I wouldn't put my money on him being healthy, but you can't really compare his injuries vs. Amare's. Amare, imo, is a beast when healthy, but those knee injuries in particular brings a lot of concerns, especially when a guy like him relies on his athleticism and explosiveness so much.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#18 » by Kyben36 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 10:37 am

hcsilla wrote:
Slackerr wrote:

What if Amare breaks down a year from now?

even better, what if Eddie Curry turns back into that big man everyone in NY thought was an allstar :lol:
keith16
Senior

Post#19 » by keith16 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 6:48 pm

If there was one team that would shoot this down I would think it would be the knicks. Do they really still believe that they have a chance at two max FAs this summer? Why would you trade your best player and a borderline allstar just to have a bit more cap space this year instead of next year?
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#20 » by BR0D1E86 » Sun Feb 7, 2010 7:45 pm

For the last year it's been reported that the Bulls don't have much interest in Amare and don't have any intention of pursuing him.

Return to Trades and Transactions