Any interest in Anthony Morrow?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Any interest in Anthony Morrow? 

Post#121 » by FNQ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:08 pm

<------ :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

FireNellieQuick wrote:But I dont have to misrepresent what the other person is saying to make my point seem more correct ;)

turk3d wrote:And as for you Krapinsky, I don't blame you for liking the one or two guys on our forum who agree with your valuations. You want to get someone for real cheap? Just ask FNQ what he would give you Azubuike for? He might even "throw in" our #1 pick this year to go along with him. Might even give you BWright or Randolph. That gives you an idea of how much he values our players. He'll give you Monta for expirings. And he'll give you Maggette + whatever you want to move him.That ought to give you an idea of how he rates our players. You think he's the majority? LOL>
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#122 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:15 pm

loserX wrote:Point #2: what Warriors fans support doesn't seem to have a lot of relevance in the real world, particularly when it comes to trades. So your objection is noted but it doesn't really change anything. I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one am more interested in trades the Warriors would do, even if their fans wouldn't.

The problem with this is that it leads to the trade board being flooded with threads like, "How about Golden State gets expiring deal X, and gives up (any combination of players with any amount of talent, just so their contracts add up). Why for Golden State? They want to cut salary, so this gives them expirings."

If that makes for a really fascinating trade board, go for it. But you can see how no Golden State fan is going to want to participate in such discussions. Even if our management is disasterous enough to start doing deals like that, and they might be, don't expect our fans to show up here saying, "Hey, that's a good one! I checked on the trade checker, and you're right; we really can legally screw ourselves in that way. The salaries work. Get 'er done!"

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#123 » by loserX » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
loserX wrote:Point #2: what Warriors fans support doesn't seem to have a lot of relevance in the real world, particularly when it comes to trades. So your objection is noted but it doesn't really change anything. I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one am more interested in trades the Warriors would do, even if their fans wouldn't.

The problem with this is that it leads to the trade board being flooded with threads like, "How about Golden State gets expiring deal X, and gives up (any combination of players with any amount of talent, just so their contracts add up). Why for Golden State? They want to cut salary, so this gives them expirings."

If that makes for a really fascinating trade board, go for it. But you can see how no Golden State fan is going to want to participate in such discussions. Even if our management is disasterous enough to start doing deals like that, and they might be, don't expect our fans to show up here saying, "Hey, that's a good one! I checked on the trade checker, and you're right; we really can legally screw ourselves in that way. The salaries work. Get 'er done!"

Also a fair point. After the Gasol-to-LA trade, there were certainly plenty of Grizzlies trades on this board stealing their players with the justification "sure this is bad for Memphis, but Memphis is stupid" as though that were a good enough reason for a deal. Everyone who proposes a trade should make sure it's as reasonable as possible instead of just playing the vulture.

The Warriors are in a pretty unique situation: I've never seen a fanbase so diametrically opposed to what their FO does. Ever. (And I can't blame them.) So there WILL be a lot of deals that the fans would not do, but the FO might, and vice-versa. We can't exclude the Warriors from trade proposals, so what can we do?

Is the point of the board to propose trades that the fans would accept, or that the team would accept? In most cases these positions are fairly closely aligned...but in the Warriors' case they have not been. I honestly don't know if there's an easy answer for that.

But I do know this: the fanbase bashing has to stop.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#124 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:30 pm

I'd say keep those trades on your own forum and if you want to post them here, post them but if the majority of the fanbase says they have no interest in it, then don't continue arguing that they should because our FO is so dumb they might do it. All that's going to do is result in a flame war as in a way it is pretty insulting to a Warrior fanbase which is suffers enough as it is. Kind of like throwing salt in the wound. That's my 2 cents on the matter.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#125 » by Relentless88 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Is there a player on that roster that they wouldn't mind trading? It seems like they just love all their players and are opposed to anything. I'm hearing that Anthony Tolliver is now a keeper.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#126 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Relentless88 wrote:Is there a player on that roster that they wouldn't mind trading? It seems like they just love all their players and are opposed to anything. I'm hearing that Anthony Tolliver is now a keeper.

If you go through the Warriors board, and I think I've seen you on there, you'll see the fan base is split about 50-50. The thing is the posters that love the players say it much more emphatically and post twice as much so it only seems that way. Like loserx pointed out, you won't find a more fractured fan base.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#127 » by NetsForce » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Relentless88 wrote:Is there a player on that roster that they wouldn't mind trading? It seems like they just love all their players and are opposed to anything. I'm hearing that Anthony Tolliver is now a keeper.

But but he had a 29 point game!
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#128 » by lakerhater » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Every player on GSW is available for trade as far as I'm concerned. I just want fair return value and that rarely shows up on the threads generated on this board.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#129 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:34 pm

lakerhater wrote:

Every player on GSW is available for trade as far as I'm concerned. I just want fair return value and that rarely shows up on the threads generated on this board.

Fair value is rarely measured in terms of talent on the trade board and in real life. Very rarely do teams swap players of equal talent value. More often than not, more important factors are money and age. So if you're merely identifying talent as value, you are going to be left shaking your head unless your team is a buyer in this market --- i.e. Dallas and Cleveland. If you're a seller, like I believe Golden State is, then I think you're underestimating the value of expiring contracts in a shrinking basketball economy. Especially for a team that is for sale and losing money like the Warriors are.

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#130 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:37 pm

The Warriors are losing money? Link?

The Warriors giving away young talent for expiring contracts is a good strategy, why?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#131 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Because Krapinsky says so. Sign up for his blog but in order to, you have to agree with everything he says. Fortunately, this aint his blog.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#132 » by lakerhater » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

Fair value is rarely measured in terms of talent on the trade board and in real life. Very rarely do teams swap players of equal talent value. More often than not, more important factors are money and age. So if you're merely identifying talent as value, you are going to be left shaking your head unless your team is a buyer in this market --- i.e. Dallas and Cleveland. If you're a seller, like I believe Golden State is, then I think you're underestimating the value of expiring contracts in a shrinking basketball economy. Especially for a team that is for sale and losing money like the Warriors are.

If GSW does a complete salary dump move then I quit as a GSW fan. That's why I'm not in favor of these crap for young player contract deals. I'm not saying those type of deals won't happen I'm just not in favor of them and I see no reason to follow the team if this is the course they're going to take.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#133 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:50 pm

St.Nick wrote:The Warriors are losing money? Link?

The Warriors giving away young talent for expiring contracts is a good strategy, why?

Find me a link that says they're making money this year? It's been speculated that only 3 NBA teams will turn a profit this year. As far as I know the numbers aren't public yet.

Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#134 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 pm

turk3d wrote:Because Krapinsky says so. Sign up for his blog but in order to, you have to agree with everything he says. Fortunately, this aint his blog.

Yes, that's right, it's because I say so...

And now I'm starting a blog. Anything else I'm doing/saying that I don't know about yet?

turk3d
RealGM

Post#135 » by turk3d » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Anything else that the Warriors are doing that we (Warrior fans) don't know about but you do?
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#136 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Krapinsky wrote:

Find me a link that says they're making money this year? It's been speculated that only 3 NBA teams will turn a profit this year. As far as I know the numbers aren't public yet.

So you admit that you don't know if the Warriors financial situation would necessitate them to trade talented young players for expiring contracts?
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#137 » by NetsForce » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Well I mean according to Forbes (like they know anything) the Warriors experienced a 6% decrease in franchise value from 2008 to 2009.

Because of the economy and continued team mismanagement I'd be surprised if the Warriors value doesn't take another hit this year.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#138 » by lakerhater » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Most franchises are slowly bleeding financially otherwise we wouldn't have seen the recent type of collective bargaining posturing by the owners in regards to reducing player salaries. It's not a GSW specific issue.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#139 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:10 pm

If the entire league is losing money, then why does any other team take on the contracts of talented young players (Warriors or not) in exchange for expiring contracts?

How many trades of bad players with EC's in exchange for talented players in long term contracts have we seen this year so far?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#140 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm

St.Nick wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

So you admit that you don't know if the Warriors financial situation would necessitate them to trade talented young players for expiring contracts?

On the first half of your statement, If you want to spin in that way, that's fine. I don't know. If I could to bet, I would bet the house that they are losing money this year.

Regarding the second half, and towards the statement as a whole, I never said anything about the situation necessitating them to do anything. So yes I admit that as well. I'm not sure why you're asking me to admit statements that don't pertain to my comments. My comment was directed at Biendrins value and how expiring contracts help provide fair value in this market.

Return to Trades and Transactions