Detroit and New York before July 1st

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Re: Detroit and New York before July 1st 

Post#21 » by vege » Wed Mar 3, 2010 5:30 pm

Even with a 3rd team the trade doesn't work and no team with cap space would be willing to facilitate this trade anyway.
coolness
Analyst
And1: 303

Post#22 » by coolness » Wed Mar 3, 2010 6:17 pm

vege wrote:Even with a 3rd team the trade doesn't work and no team with cap space would be willing to facilitate this trade anyway.

No "my bad" for not reading the first sentence of the first post, but you refute the math of something that does not exist while mentioning cap space that is not necessary. Like criticizing a Sudoku puzzle for having empty squares.

You would do well to eat a Snickers. Actually, it doesn't have to be a Snickers. That's just what they want you to think.
vege
RealGM

Post#23 » by vege » Wed Mar 3, 2010 6:50 pm

coolness wrote:
vege wrote:Even with a 3rd team the trade doesn't work and no team with cap space would be willing to facilitate this trade anyway.

No "my bad" for not reading the first sentence of the first post, but you refute the math of something that does not exist while mentioning cap space that is not necessary. Like criticizing a Sudoku puzzle for having empty squares.

You would do well to eat a Snickers. Actually, it doesn't have to be a Snickers. That's just what they want you to think.

For this deal to work you would need to make it huge and insane with 4 teams. And for NYK to save 4 million you would need Detroit to take ~7 million back. This is what i could think, the teams and players can change but you need something crazy like this:

Detroit Out: Prince / Rip / Max / Wilcox
Detroit In: Okafor / Posey / Curry / Douglas / Przybilla and Rudy Fernandez

Outgoing: $31,647,760
Incoming: $39,273,443

NYK Out: Curry / Douglas
NYK In: Max / Wilcox

Outgoing: $12,347,863
Incoming: $ 8,000,000

NOH Out: Okafor / Posey
NOH In: Rip

Outgoing: $18,273,600
Incoming: $12,500,000

Portland Out: Przybilla / Rudy
Portland In: Prince

Outgoing: $ 8,651,980
Incoming: $11,147,760

So like i said, this deal doesn't even work with 3 teams, you need to make it a 4 teams deal to reach your goal (dump Maxiell while giving NYK some raw cap space) and the deal would be so complicated and so hard to find teams willing to participate on it (not sure if NOH or PDX would do it neither if Detroit would take on all that money to dump Rip and Max) that i would say it's impossible.

It's a bad idea, like i said, would make sense before the dead line, with Kwame involved instead of Wilcox and without Toney Douglas.

Still this was your best idea ever in this boards coolness so you should be proud imo :lol:
coolness
Analyst

Post#24 » by coolness » Wed Mar 3, 2010 7:45 pm

Vege,

No to your whole post, but rock on.

I don't care about this trade idea, but your criticisms of it are wrong in a fascinating way.

You seem on the unstoppable side, so I'm going to quit.
vege
RealGM

Post#25 » by vege » Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:18 pm

coolness wrote:Vege,
but your criticisms of it are wrong in a fascinating way.

Not really "wrong in a fascinating way" i just had some fun playing with the numbers to show you what would take to make your idea work.

and i was honest when i said this was your best trade idea ever, i don't even bother posting in your other trade ideas, so it wasn't a criticism was a compliment :lol:
coolness
Analyst

Post#26 » by coolness » Wed Mar 3, 2010 9:30 pm

vege wrote:
coolness wrote:Vege,
but your criticisms of it are wrong in a fascinating way.

Not really "wrong in a fascinating way" i just had some fun playing with the numbers to show you what would take to make your idea work.

and i was honest when i said this was your best trade idea ever, i don't even bother posting in your other trade ideas, so it wasn't a criticism was a compliment :lol:

Yea, well thanks. :lol:

I already had a 3 teamer in my mind. It just didn't have to be that one. It could attach to the last trade I made up about Utah/Detroit in which every Pistons fan came at me with pitchforks and torches while the rest of the fans thought it was heavily in Detroit's favor, because they underrate our players and don't know who Jerebko is. Idunno. Combine this with that...and yes it would be huge, but still smaller than your example.

Return to Trades and Transactions