Raptors / Wizards / Sixers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Raptors / Wizards / Sixers 

Post#1 » by 62245 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Raptors Trade
Chris bosh
Jose Calderon
Raptors Receive
Gilbert Arenas
Samuel Dalembert

Wizards Trade
Gilbert Arenas
Wizards Recieve
Jose calderon
Lou williams

Sixers trade
Samuel Dalembert
Lou Williams
Sixers receive
Chris Bosh

Why for raptors? it seems posters think the raptors can get very high value for bosh in a sign in trade but that is not case ( KMART-2 FIRSTS , LEWIS-ONE-2ND ROUNDER) ...... So the raptors know what there needs are right now and even for when bosh leaves. and those are replace bosh's scoring and they do that by aquiring arenas and they also need an interior defender in dalembert who would fit wellright next to bargnani. and hedo would be a perfect fir with arenas

Why for Wizards? it seems that arenas has worn out his welcome in washington , so they get one pass first point guard in calderon , who would be great for players like blatche, McGee,Young .... then they also replace some of gilberts scoring with lou williams who will come off the bench and on some nights can easily score 20

Why for sixers? dalembert seems to be on the block every year and lou will dosent seem to happy with the wat the sixers are changing his role so often and this trade lets both players ge a freah start AND they recieve a great player in Chris bosh , and would be great with iguodala . if there are other roster implications they could always make another trade

Raptors lineup
Arenas/jack
Derozan / weems / belli
Hedo/ wright
Bargnani / evans
Dalembert / amir johnson

Wizards lineup
Jose / Lou
Young / foye
Thornton / ross
Blatche / singleton
McGee / oberto

Sixers lineup
Holiday / ( pick )
igouodala / green
young / kapono /carney
Bosh / speights
Brand / speights / elson
as i was saying before the sixers could make another trade to get rid of brand

thoughts?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Re: Raptors / Wizards / Sixers 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Sixers commit robbery here. I love it :)
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by no D in Hibachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Wizards pass, Williams and Calderon both play the same position, neither are very good. The salary coming back isn't much of a cap relief.
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by 62245 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:Wizards pass, Williams and Calderon both play the same position, neither are very good. The salary coming back isn't much of a cap relief.

yes they do play the same position but its not like your have loads a point guards who should be in this league
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#5 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 pm

dont like it at all. Calderon for Arenas while an upgrade based on a talent perspective is not worth taking his contract and turning Bosh to Dalembert.

BC also likes high character guys he wont touch this deal.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by 62245 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:dont like it at all. Calderon for Arenas while an upgrade based on a talent perspective is not worth taking his contract and turning Bosh to Dalembert.

you do realize that this is as far as it goes for a sign and trade for bosh .. players with talent but the teasm dont really want them anymore ...

not lets sign and trade bosh for kobe bryant
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#7 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:51 pm

62245 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:dont like it at all. Calderon for Arenas while an upgrade based on a talent perspective is not worth taking his contract and turning Bosh to Dalembert.

you do realize that this is as far as it goes for a sign and trade for bosh .. players with talent but the teasm dont really want them anymore ...

why do you act like you know thats as far as it goes for a S&T. How do you know teams without cap space wont offer more. Why do we have to take on Arenas' contract when we could get a giant TE + 1sts on a last ditch resort to S&T bosh. Go listen to the interview on our board (BC on the 790 with Sedano) and go hear what BC says about Bosh. We arent going to do the deal, BC wont touch Arenas with a 10 foot pole he isnt that kind of GM. He likes high character guys he even says it in the interview, go listen.

i love how then you back your trade up with a sarcastic one. Just because i dont like it doesnt mean im saying hes going to bring in Kobe Byrant. I would rather S&T him to Houston for Scola (S&T), Battier, Hill, + Picks. Thats a lot better than this deal.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by 62245 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
62245 wrote:

why do you act like you know thats as far as it goes for a S&T. How do you know teams without cap space wont offer more. Why do we have to take on Arenas' contract when we could get a giant TE + 1sts on a last ditch resort to S&T bosh. Go listen to the interview on our board (BC on the 790 with Sedano) and go hear what BC says about Bosh. We arent going to do the deal, BC wont touch Arenas with a 10 foot pole he isnt that kind of GM. He likes high character guys he even says it in the interview, go listen.

i love how then you back your trade up with a sarcastic one. Just because i dont like it doesnt mean im saying hes going to bring in Kobe Byrant. I would rather S&T him to Houston for Scola (S&T), Battier, Hill, + Picks. Thats a lot better than this deal.

thats what you think you can get for bosh in a sign and trade ? scola , battier , hill + picks?
its not 2k10 .....or even 2k5 were games are even less realistic

kenyon martin when his value was at max contract got traded for two firsts thats it!!!!!
rashard lewis got the max he was traded for one second round pick
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by yungal07 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:13 pm

If the Raptors would take Arenas, how about something centered around Arenas and Blatche for Bosh? Is that something the Raps would do?
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#10 » by Relentless88 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:48 pm

How does it even make sense to bring Arenas on board WITHOUT Bosh.

My days, some of these proposals are hilarious. The reason we'd want to even bring in Arenas is to give the core one last shot before we break it up.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#11 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Relentless88 wrote:How does it even make sense to bring Arenas on board WITHOUT Bosh.

My days, some of these proposals are hilarious. The reason we'd want to even bring in Arenas is to give the core one last shot before we break it up.

i know.

Id offer Calderon + Expiring (Evans/Banks) for Arenas.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#12 » by no D in Hibachi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Id offer Calderon + Expiring (Evans/Banks) for Arenas.

And we'd say not happening. Calderon just isn't a good player. You guys have been trying to dump him since the day he resigned. He's not cheap either. It's not like he's going to be much of an upgrade over Foye or Livingston. Arenas put up 23,7,4 this season I'd rather have 4 seasons of that for 80 mill than 4 seasons of 10,6,2 for 40 million with significantly worse defense.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#13 » by doctor him » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 am

youngcrev wrote:Sixers commit robbery here. I love it :)

It's so ludicrously good for the Sixers that a deal like this just might save the GM's job.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:48 am

I don't know, I think this is definitely in the ball-park of the sort of things the Wiz would think about, at least if Leonsis decides that moving Gil is the way to go.

The fiscal commitments taken on are a lot less and one of 'Sweet Lou' or 'The Joser' could be moved.

But, I'm not sure what Ted will decide with Gilbert. At least for the next two years, the Wiz are so far under the cap as to have to spend money to get to the minimum payroll requirements, so it won't be until 2013 that we'd be in position to actually 'save money' by dealing Gil. So in the short term, even dealing Gil for naked cap space would basically mean that the team is put into position to where they 'must spend money on someone else' rather than actually 'saving money' (that changes come the 2013 season).

Basically, Gil's contract is a lot more comfortable for the Wizards than it is for another team due to our next worst contract being Nick Young for one year @ $2.6 million. Not to mention that Gil still has fans in DC who will come to see him play on a .400 club come a cold February evening.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#15 » by sec-106 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:51 pm

doctor him wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Sixers commit robbery here. I love it :)

It's so ludicrously good for the Sixers that a deal like this just might save the GM's job.

Return to Trades and Transactions