ImageImageImage

Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer? 

Post#61 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:22 pm

I Never Lied wrote:
HIF wrote:Watchout did tell us about Rafer before media sources. Stop giving the kid hassle. If you don't believe him that's fine - he's not hurting you. We have I never lied , nupe and mike_miller to give a hard time to if we need.

WE have??? No you have. Your obsession with me is not shared by the other posters. I have no clue why I am always on your mind? How often do you see me mention YOUR name?

I don’t think about Hermaphrodites.

MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,393

Post#62 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:40 pm

Riles shouldn't even bother putting out this fire. Let Beasley grow a backbone with these rumours.
heat in italy
Senior
And1: 2

Post#63 » by heat in italy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow, Beasley value is at all time low ...

About Watchout, I remember him calling the Rafer Alston deal way before everybody
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#64 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:49 pm

coolstorybro wrote:I'm a HUGE Beasley skeptic, but I don't understand why lots of people (Mostly opposing fans) feel that he's some sort of cancer, or bad character guy. I get on him for his play, nothing else.

Perception is reality. When you get a reputation as having a certain type of personality or character, its really hard to change it. You almost have to go above and beyond, something Michael has not done.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#65 » by Chosen01 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:00 pm

Its pretty sad too, because Beasley was portayed of at least having a lot of potential, just hasn't broken out yet, an this was just at all star break, I remember jazz,PHX,Raptors fans were happy if they were to get Beasley in a trade for Amare/Bosh/Boozer. Now Beasley is hated by almost every fan, pretty sad.

If he can't breakout next year and prove people wrong, then he really doesn't deserve to be in this league, because he'll continue to have millions of people throwing bust in his ear, and hes already mentally weak.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#66 » by Gordon Bombay » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:20 pm

if you guys are trying unload beasley for more cap space, we could give you delonte west (only guaranteed for 500k) and leon powe for cook and beas.

after the delonte buy-out, the heat would only be on the hook for 1,355,189 (powe's contract plus the 500k buyout) and it would free up about 4.6 mil of capspace

again, this would just be if you are trying to net more cap space for a second (or third) max. if not, disregard this post
Wrighteous
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Wrighteous » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:32 pm

truth is Beasley is not valued highly by other teams around the league...He's shown that he'll never live up to his potential and hype when he was first drafted, and his off court baggage is also a concern for most teams. This report isn't shocking at all, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets really did turn that offer down.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#68 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:50 pm

Gordon Bombay wrote:if you guys are trying unload beasley for more cap space, we could give you delonte west (only guaranteed for 500k) and leon powe for cook and beas.

after the delonte buy-out, the heat would only be on the hook for 1,355,189 (powe's contract plus the 500k buyout) and it would free up about 4.6 mil of capspace

again, this would just be if you are trying to net more cap space for a second (or third) max. if not, disregard this post

I'd consider it but imo that is bad for Cleveland, you already have Jamison and Varejao, and this is not the type of move I'd make to keep LeBron (though if he's leaving, maybe this isn't so bad).

IMO, if you guys want to keep LeBron, your best bet is to try to come up with a way to get Joe Johnson.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#69 » by Miamis3rdRing » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:57 pm

Edit: (After reading Gordon's post below this)

I was going to say the Cavs may look at him as a possible building block if LeBron's gone (Though he's not a #1 option, probably not even a #2). But using him in another trade isn't a bad idea at all.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#70 » by Gordon Bombay » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:13 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I'd consider it but imo that is bad for Cleveland, you already have Jamison and Varejao, and this is not the type of move I'd make to keep LeBron (though if he's leaving, maybe this isn't so bad).

IMO, if you guys want to keep LeBron, your best bet is to try to come up with a way to get Joe Johnson.

yea we probably wouldn't keep him. i was thinking more along the lines of packaging him with hickson/green and our trio of expirings (parker, moon and telfair) for a second banana. just trying to get a little more value to add to a trade
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#71 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:15 am

Everyone can shove these ridiculous trades up their ***. Beas is worth much more than this. I'd rather make a midseason trade of Beas + trash for a third star once he has built up some trade value. This is just pathetic and I'm not even a big Beasley guy.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#72 » by salqaddoumi » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:23 am

LOL @ this making the front page of RealGM. What a joke the wiretap is, at least include that it's a rumor in the title. I HATE how they word stuff in the WT.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#73 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:27 am

salqaddoumi wrote:LOL @ this making the front page of RealGM. What a joke the wiretap is, at least include that it's a rumor in the title. I HATE how they word stuff in the WT.

+1

lol subtitle: "The Heat no longer consider Michael Beasley a part of their future."

*facepalm* :noway:
:hug:
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#74 » by Chosen01 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:31 am

Tbh its actually REALLY annoying me. Because now, as low as Beasley's trade value was ,its even lowe. Please Riley come out and say its false :pray:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#75 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:31 am

I'll bet you all clicked on it and they got paid .02 cents for the ad on that extra page you viewed. Like it or not, WT will always be sensationalist. You'll also notice that if a crappy player does something news worthy, but shares a first or last name with a famous player, they'll use whichever name matches that player to get more clicks 'Jordan to play for Knicks' (Jerome Jordan drafted with 56th pick) etc.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#76 » by CoolD » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:32 am

If LeBron would be willing to come to the Heat, even if lets say Bosh or Amare wasn't part of the plans.
You have
Wade, LeBron Beasley.
Funny thing is, I think Beasley value would rise on stock with LeBron playing next to him..
Maybe am overstimating Beasley, I've been pretty harsh on him though.
But there is no way I value him as low as this reports, also lets piece this out.

If Riley was going to dump Beasley, even without Cook and James Jones, just Beasley.
We still have close to month to go, maybe through back channels Riley knows something we don't know. But if Wade still hasn't reach out to his boys.
How can Riley make the guess that he should dump Beasley for nothing right now.
Lets say he did do that trade.
Free agency plans go haywire.
Riley ends up paying.
Wade, Boozer, and we have to do something fancy to get Rudy Gay.
I think it would be too risky Riley doing a salary dump, for such an asset like Beasley and come up empty in free agency, unless he knows something no one knows.

Because there is no guarantees, that even if we dump salaries, we end up with Wade, LeBron and Bosh. Imagine dumping Beasley for nothing, but ending with Wade, Gay and Boozer with max contracts.
Riley to me doesn't comes across, as guy that panics early. When Ricky Davis, I think it was already about the season about to begin, Antoine was out shape, so Riley really didn't have a window to work with. He did panic, but it was a bit because of scheduling. I think he still has till draft 20 days from now. Do you think Riley will give his hand away this early. In such a lopsided trade to the Nets.
And if Riley did know about Nets cap obsession, couldn't Riley work with a team that is over the cap.

But you got to hand it to the guys that created this rumors, a good chunck of people took the bait.
Actually a smart move, because Nets are probably worried about us attaining three stars, so they are trying to delegitimize Beasley, and make it tough on Riles.
But will see who in the end prevails. People got to understand their a lot scheming and chess play going on.
Chosen01
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chosen01 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:33 am

lol I remember they did something like that with "Williams thinks hes the best PG", and everyone thought it was Mo Williams saying it, when it was Deron :lol:
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#78 » by CoolD » Fri Jun 4, 2010 12:46 am

There is no way I would touch Delonte right now, some people really believe he had something going with LeBron's mom.
So you are bascically eliminating the chance of Bron coming over here, if you end taking in Delonte and there is any truth to that story, which I do think might be true.

Once the LeBron sweetstakes end, then we can talk about Delonte as a Heat, but I doubt Riley would even risk it, I heard Delonte is going to get blackballed by a lot of teams.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#79 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jun 4, 2010 1:01 am

No thanks at Delonte West. Guy's head is in basketball about 20% of the time. If Beasley sticks around, the overall IQ of our team would be the lowest of all teams just because of them two.
youngeman
Senior
And1: 20

Post#80 » by youngeman » Fri Jun 4, 2010 1:13 am

If the Heat are really trying to trade Beasley for a bag of popcorn that would be a big mistake. The Heat has 2 other players on the roster that was playing like shi#$, Mario and Cook. Both Mario and Cook played worse than Beasley, yet it is Beasley that going to be traded. I believe there is more too the story about Beasley and the Heat. Since day 1 Beasley has been in the dog house. Even when Beasley was doing good he was still in the dog house. Wade has never excepted Beasley for what ever reason. We've all seen how Haslem, Wright and Charlmers are getting the ball from Wade. I think the decision has more to with Wade not Happy with Beasley. We all heard the comment about Beasley from Wade. I can't think of one positive thing Wade said about Beasley. Next Season will say a lot about Wade and the Coaching Staff. Get your popcorn its about to get interesting.

Return to Miami Heat