ImageImageImage

Amare gets knee tested in Miami

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Amare gets knee tested in Miami 

Post#21 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:No except that the Heat marketing department has been working on STH campaigns based around the slogan "1-2-3" all I can think of is Amare, Joe Johnson, Wade ?

1+2+3 = 6 (LeBron)

See what I did there?
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#22 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Booz wrote:We've heard some info from the Suns insider........

There is NO insider on here. The insider I think you are referring to lives in Asia. The only real insider is Paul Coro.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#23 » by HIF » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:31 pm

I hope you don't cry IF Amare leaves.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#24 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:48 pm

HIF wrote:I hope you don't cry IF Amare leaves.

Heck no. Suns need a break on salaries. I would be happy to see the Heat give Amare and Wade the MAX.

Its just I haven't seen any solid evidence yet that he is leaving or staying.
cheenofly523
Starter
And1: 86

Post#25 » by cheenofly523 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Sex Parties > Deserts.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#26 » by WD » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Can we hold off on the "sex party" jokes/references for a while
#HEATLifer
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#27 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:

There is NO insider on here. The insider I think you are referring to lives in Asia. The only real insider is Paul Coro.

He is currently living in AZ.

Sorry Heat fans, dont mind Mr.Sun. He has become a grouch lately and i think he is off his meds. :D
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#28 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 pm

I wouldnt read too much into this, other than the MRI is needed for contract negotiates. It could be requested by the suns in their discussions to give him a new contract.

If we do acquire Amare we definitely need a point guard who can pass and handle the ball. Amare gets a lot of his points by finishing and moving around off the ball.
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#29 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Mr. Sun wrote:

He is currently living in AZ.

Sorry Heat fans, dont mind Mr.Sun. He has become a grouch lately and i think he is off his meds. :D

Ah he is now, down in your area I believe. But he was living in Asia during the trade period. Said he had lived outside of the US for 10 years? If I recall correctly, he said Miami offered Beasley for Amare, then says "MIA won't part with Beasley." Then said Suns never wanted him. He had a lot of insight of the Suns for someone who lived on the other side of the world.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#30 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 am

Mr. Sun wrote:Ah he is now, down in your area I believe. But he was living in Asia during the trade period. Said he had lived outside of the US for 10 years? If I recall correctly, he said Miami offered Beasley for Amare, then says "MIA won't part with Beasley." Then said Suns never wanted him. He had a lot of insight of the Suns for someone who lived on the other side of the world.

He's also the guy who accurately predicted the Shaq for Marion trade before it ever became a public bit of info...
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#31 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
Mr. Sun wrote:Ah he is now, down in your area I believe. But he was living in Asia during the trade period. Said he had lived outside of the US for 10 years? If I recall correctly, he said Miami offered Beasley for Amare, then says "MIA won't part with Beasley." Then said Suns never wanted him. He had a lot of insight of the Suns for someone who lived on the other side of the world.

He's also the guy who accurately predicted the Shaq for Marion trade before it ever became a public bit of info...

No he didn't no matter what Kerrsed wants you to believe. Traxxe joined May 23, 2009. The Marion for Shaq trade went down in February of 2008.

Traxxe admitted his only source is a relative that works for ESPN. Someone explain to me how an employee for ESPN could be privy to the minute goings on with the Suns FO on a daily basis?

Guys like Traxxe because he generally tells them what they want to hear.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#32 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Mr. Sun wrote:

He was reporting that the Suns were close to accepting Hickson for Amare at the deadline. Did anybody want to hear that (except for Cavs fans)?
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#33 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Mr. Sun wrote:

He was reporting that the Suns were close to accepting Hickson for Amare at the deadline. Did anybody want to hear that (except for Cavs fans)?

He wasn't reporting that. The news media was reporting that.
The Heats fire
Sophomore

Post#34 » by The Heats fire » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Amare Stoudemire is definitly not worth the Max. I'm not okay with the Bulls and Knicks getting Bron or Bosh or even both of them when we clearly did better this season and also deserve more and better free agents than those two teams. We've been waiting for 4 years now and anything less than a championship roster won't be satisfying for Wade and for us. I'm really questioning some of you here, who are okay with Chicago and New York doing better than us, are you really heat fans? :x
Wade is the Real MVP. No one can deny it.
Jonathan2323
Sophomore
And1: 169

Post#35 » by Jonathan2323 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I really hope we dont give Amare a max for 5 years. He will only be worth the money for the 1st 3 years and he's not worth the max to begin with.

If Bosh or LeBron don't come here than we are almost forced to offer him that contract.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#36 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:11 pm

This dude Mr. Sun is going to be a blind suns homer to the end.

Steve Kerr and another executive just left PHX due to Robert Sarver's frugalness...Yet for some reason, he thinks there this great shot Amar'e is re-signing wit the Suns lol.

The only way Amare is not in Miami next year, is if Pat Riley brings aboard Bosh. That's it. Open your eyes.
I Never Lied
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#37 » by I Never Lied » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Jonathan2323 wrote:I really hope we dont give Amare a max for 5 years. He will only be worth the money for the 1st 3 years and he's not worth the max to begin with.

If Bosh or LeBron don't come here than we are almost forced to offer him that contract.

The truth.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#38 » by Hoops23 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:04 am

heat4life wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:It's got nothing to do with the Heat at this time. Any communication with Amar'e at this time would be considered tampering. So obviously he's either getting these tests for the Suns(who are still talking an extension), or having them prepared ahead of time for other teams that will inquire about them come free agency time.

Actually Amar'e - like Wade, Bosh and LeBron - is still under contract with the Suns (would have to opt out to become a FA) and is available to be traded during the draft. Since Miami and Phoenix are not playing in the finals, they are allowed to discuss trades and with proper permission, trade medical records and even speak with the player.
I agree on the part that they're still under contract till June 30 that is why obviously teams can't talk with them. But what I'm saying is, isn't it that players who have player option should 1st opt in before you can trade them??? Because otherwise, they're like free agents to be.

The Heats fire wrote:Amare Stoudemire is definitly not worth the Max
I agree... But thats not how you sign players. Its more of what the market dictates. Small franchise over price players to convince them and that is why big franchises is force to match it. I bet if Bosh and LBJ signed ewlswhere and Amare is the only big name FA left in the market, Miami will be force to sign him to the max to avoid a wasted off-season and past seasons they sacrifice for this cap space..
CurtisHierro
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#39 » by CurtisHierro » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:53 am

wAtChOut218 wrote:No except that the Heat marketing department has been working on STH campaigns based around the slogan "1-2-3" all I can think of is Amare, Joe Johnson, Wade ?

This is now very relevant. This scenario is within reach.

Sign and trade Michael Beasley to the Suns for Amar'e Stoudemire.

Stoudemire first year salary: 17,197,241
Wade first year salary: 16,568,908
Johnson first year salary: 15,762,300
Chalmers salary: 854,389
Jones buyout: 1,856,000
Cap holds: 3,800,000
Total: 56,038,838
Salary Cap: 56,100,000

This fits perfectly under the cap. Makes me think their is truth to Watchout's statements.

Return to Miami Heat