ImageImageImage

Miami Heat (29-9) @ Portland Trail Blazers (20-17), 9 PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,486

Re: Miami Heat (29-9) @ Portland Trail Blazers (20-17), 9 PM EST 

Post#761 » by KDS91 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 am

I know I said we were in 1st place in the East earlier, but we still need Boston to lose a game so we can really be ahead.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#762 » by SweetTouch » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 am

LeBron: "I’ve kind of accepted this villain role everyone has placed on me and I’m OK with it."
Stop being so disrespectful.
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Post#763 » by Flashpoint » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 am

That was a **** incredible game.
followthrough
Junior
And1: 26

Post#764 » by followthrough » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:41 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:If Erick Dampier doesn't start getting minutes, I swear... I'm going to... sit back and just pray that Wade/LeBron keep bailing us out because that's all I can do.

I don't care, this should have been a 10+ point win in regulation if Damp was in there. Just put him on LMA, no more post-ups, or offensive boards given up. The only thing that kept Portland in the game (other than some fishy reffing) was their offensive boards.

But as for the guys that played tonight (other than that numbskull who I don't even want to think about anymore), they were great tonight. Played their hearts out on offense and defense.

As terrible as Joel was, I think Dampier would have been terrible too in the same scenario. He would've been too slow and our rotations would've probably been screwed up. As crazy as this sounds, an ideal lineup to me would've been to put LeBron on LMA and Bosh at C to matchup with Camby. When Przybilla came in, Dampier should've came in. LeBron would've had the strength to keep LMA outside the paint, and Bosh would match up perfectly with Camby. LeBron and Bosh hate to play those positions, so that's more of a dream scenario if anything. I think that would have been the best thing to do with our options against two versatile bigs on the court at the same time.
StrawberryShake
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#765 » by StrawberryShake » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:41 am

shadowx wrote:On the next practice I would give the big 3 a pass and make the reest of the team workmtheir ass*es off, 96 of 107 Miami Heat points by the Big 3 they should all be ashamed...

im starting to think that these guys dont even practice, its like this
*spo knocks on the lebrons hotel room*

Spo: Lebron can i come in?
Lebron: This better be good Spoelstra.
Spo: urm (looks down) Oh hey Dwyane Hey Chris. Um (sweeps hair back), I was just wondering if you guys were gonna, you know...... go to practice today
Bosh: (looks at wade... then at Lebron)
Big 3: BWAHHAHHAHHA :lol:
Wade: Well go down once Joel makes his layups.
Spo: (dejected) see ya tomorrow guys (sighs and turns away)
Lebron: AND BRING US SOME GOD DAMN FOOD SPO!!!! WERE DYING HERE FOR CHRIST SAKES!!
Bosh: (throws pineapple martini at door as spo leaves the room)
Legend-of-Wade
Banned User

Post#766 » by Legend-of-Wade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 am

SweetTouch wrote:LeBron: "I’ve kind of accepted this villain role everyone has placed on me and I’m OK with it."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
dwade3
Lead Assistant
And1: 46

Post#767 » by dwade3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 am

Who ever said lbj taunting the Portland fan is classless, please...Portland fans are one of the worst fans i have ever seen so far in the NBA..they were cheering for him when he was down and now after the loss they are wishing career ending injuries on our players..go to their board and read their game thread...the Mod had to warn them to stop with the "wishing career ending injuries on the heat player"...screw them!!!!
Heat_FinsFan
Senior

Post#768 » by Heat_FinsFan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 am

GetMoney wrote:so lebron can get booed, heckled, trashed and badmouthed by everyone on the planet, but as soon as he responds he's a douche scumbag

oh i see

I know I love it....Almost everyone wants him to lose and get injured. Im sure people at games call him every name in the book, but as soon as he Whips it out and slaps the whole arena he is called classless???? LOL thats what you get, Hate him all you want, boo him all you want, but when he turns around and becomes GODLY on ur @ss dont turn into a wussy.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,486

Post#769 » by KDS91 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 am

dwade3 wrote:Who ever said lbj taunting the Portland fan is classless, please...Portland fans are one of the worst fans i have ever seen so far in the NBA..they were cheering for him when he was down and now after the loss they are wishing career ending injuries on our players..go to their board and read their game thread...the Mod had to warn them to stop with the "wishing career ending injuries on the heat player"...screw them!!!!

Hey, at least they have a mod that restores order, unlike certain other boards.
KevKP
Starter
And1: 299

Post#770 » by KevKP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 am

StrawberryShake wrote:
shadowx wrote:On the next practice I would give the big 3 a pass and make the reest of the team workmtheir ass*es off, 96 of 107 Miami Heat points by the Big 3 they should all be ashamed...

im starting to think that these guys dont even practice, its like this
*spo knocks on the lebrons hotel room*

Spo: Lebron can i come in?
Lebron: This better be good Spoelstra.
Spo: urm (looks down) Oh hey Dwyane Hey Chris. Um (sweeps hair back), I was just wondering if you guys were gonna, you know...... go to practice today
Bosh: (looks at wade... then at Lebron)
Big 3: BWAHHAHHAHHA :lol:
Wade: Well go down once Joel makes his layups.
Spo: (dejected) see ya tomorrow guys (sighs and turns away)
Lebron: AND BRING US SOME GOD DAMN FOOD SPO!!!! WERE DYING HERE FOR CHRIST SAKES!!
Bosh: (throws pineapple martini at door as spo leaves the room)

You have quite an imagination here, LOL.
ImageImage

RIP Paul Walker
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Post#771 » by fishfuego. » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:59 am

Man, superb win this was.. those referees were relentless against the Heat. They really wanted that victory, I wonder if they lost money tonight :wink: .

Lebron was a cold blooded killer, Wade was the back up hit man and Bosh was the cover up man. :D

Job well done!
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#772 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 am

dwade3 wrote:Who ever said lbj taunting the Portland fan is classless, please...Portland fans are one of the worst fans i have ever seen so far in the NBA..they were cheering for him when he was down and now after the loss they are wishing career ending injuries on our players..go to their board and read their game thread...the Mod had to warn them to stop with the "wishing career ending injuries on the heat player"...screw them!!!!

It's pretty ridiculous to point at an entire fan base over the actions of a few fans. I'm not saying that certain people weren't classless by wishing harm on Lebron but in general, Blazer fans are known for being some of the most supportive fans in the NBA- for their own team. Maybe they cross the line occasionally, but as Miami fans would know, it's always better to have great fans behind a team. There's no need to compare fan bases but from my personal experience, the Blazer fan base should be seen for what it really is: a collection of fans who love their team and, for the most part, want a classy, well-fought game. No need to isolate the entire Blazer fan base.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#773 » by CoolD » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 am

fishfuego. wrote:Man, superb win this was.. those referees were relentless against the Heat. They really wanted that victory, I wonder if they lost money tonight :wink: .

Lebron was a cold blooded killer, Wade was the back up hit man and Bosh was the cover up man. :D

Job well done!
Yeah, those refs seem a bit fishy, bunch of random walks, a couple non calls. But you now a team at home, that is streaking, and amped up crowd, will be able to manipulate to an extent the refs. Crazy comeback.
Also I just find it silly to think that saying, that Spo puts LeBron and wade is situations were they have to deliver. Every great player, from Jordan to Kobe, has always to had super heroic performances to get some wins. People really have no clue how freaking hard, is to win 13 road wins in a row.

Also considering we have over 12 point, winning margin over the last 22 something games, is really a blatant lie to say, we have that many squeakers(NBA relatively speaking) To tell you the truth, love the streak, but how annoying some of our own fans are, we probably don't deserve this team. Love the 21 of our last 22. Hope the boys keep on streaking, it seems to get a certain of our fans mad. :lol: That we are winning, and they can't seem to get across their agendas.
manyoma88
Ballboy

Post#774 » by manyoma88 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 am

I still cant get over to have the most talented basketball player in the world next to d wade and bosh has been clutch the last games playing good D :-)
Manyoma
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#775 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 am

This was possibly the funnest win of the year. I'm hoping they replay it on SunSports tonight, I'd kill to see that 4th quarter and OT again.
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#776 » by FlashTheKilla » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:50 am

My pleasantly delighted thoughts on tonight's game:

http://www.bawlingaboutballing.com/2011 ... de-lebron/

Criticisms and advice welcome :wink:
nonemus
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#777 » by nonemus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

WOW. I was very lucky to have been there for the game, it was such a surreal experience. Aldrige is truly something else, imagine how great a trio of Oden + Roy + LA would have been. We really showed WHY we are the scariest team in the league to defend today...
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#778 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:32 am

What's funny is we're just trolling the **** out of everyone waiting for us to get 11 losses so we can't threaten 72-10. We've sat on 8 and now 9 losses for like 22 games now.
bjax24
Veteran
And1: 37

Post#779 » by bjax24 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 am

Lebron's three was just mean at the end hahahaha.

I am loving watching you guys as of late. It's so funny how everyone gets so bent out of shape with every victory. I'm a Kings fan through and through but since I am PRETTY sure we aren't winning it this year I'm gunning for y'all. Celts are the only hurdle IMO.
Heat_FinsFan
Senior

Post#780 » by Heat_FinsFan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:48 am

The play I thought was also pretty good was the deep pass from
Wade to bron and back to bosh for the dunk. Think it made it a 2 point game near the end

Return to Miami Heat