ImageImageImage

Give Spo Credit

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Re: Give Spo Credit 

Post#61 » by GreenHat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 am

HIF wrote:no, you don't flip flop. You just hate on Spo and pretend that you know so much about basketball with posts pretending your hindsight was really pre-sight (forgetting all the things you said in the past which were wrong).

You must have cried a lot when Spo won another ring last season.

Another ring last year? You're more delusional than I thought. Spo only has one ring in real life but I'm sure he has more in your fantasies. We SHOULD have won ANOTHER ring last season. We had the best players both years.

How am I hating on Spo when I say he's average or slightly above average? I just don't think he's top 3 like you two do. Seems more like you two loving than me hating since hardly anyone agrees with you two,

I don't forget the things that I was wrong about and even bring them up. I don't use hindsight. It might seem that way because I'm right so much when arguing with you but that is just because you are wrong so often.

Again I don't pretend to know so much about basketball but it will seem like that if I argue with someone who knows very little about basketball.

I wasn't crying I was down here in Miami celebrating. I'm sure you were too.

You must have been crying in 2011 not because the Heat lost but because your idol did.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#62 » by GreenHat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 am

Pimpwerx wrote:So...no takers on the avatar/sig bet then?

So...I guess we all agree we're gonna repeat then, right?

So...what's wrong with Spo again? PEACE.

I agree that we SHOULD repeat just like we SHOULD have won in 2011. We have had the best players all three years.

We have the fastest car but a middle of the pack driver. Hopefully he can keep it on the road.

What's wrong with Spo is that he has the best team in the league and they are under-performing.

So are you giving up on Spo being a much better defensive coach than Riley now that you see how different the minutes are between the two rosters or do I have to save this post for the next time you try to convince us that Spo is a better defensive coach than Riley?

And are we ready to admit that having a completely different opinion before and after is the definition of flip flopping?

Or that a grown man should have better control of his emotions?
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#63 » by HIF » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 pm

GreenHat wrote:
HIF wrote:no, you don't flip flop. You just hate on Spo and pretend that you know so much about basketball with posts pretending your hindsight was really pre-sight (forgetting all the things you said in the past which were wrong).

Another ring last year? You're more delusional than I thought. Spo only has one ring in real life but I'm sure he has more in your fantasies. We SHOULD have won ANOTHER ring last season. We had the best players both years.

How am I hating on Spo when I say he's average or slightly above average? I just don't think he's top 3 like you two do. Seems more like you two loving than me hating since hardly anyone agrees with you two,

I don't forget the things that I was wrong about and even bring them up. I don't use hindsight. It might seem that way because I'm right so much when arguing with you but that is just because you are wrong so often.

Again I don't pretend to know so much about basketball but it will seem like that if I argue with someone who knows very little about basketball.

You must have been crying in 2011 not because the Heat lost but because your idol did.

So Spo wasn't an assistant coach in 2006? Damn you're right I must not live in the real world. goon. I thought of you as Mike Miller knocked down all those 3s in the finals last year, goon. I thought of you as Battier defended everyone put in front of him in the playoffs last year - and knocked down his 3s. Goon. I thought of you when Pops made sure that Boris Diaw stayed with the Spurs this season. Goon. I thought of you when all those players you said we should sign quietly dropped out of the league over the last 6 months. Goon.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#64 » by Pimpwerx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 am

GreenHat wrote:I agree that we SHOULD repeat just like we SHOULD have won in 2011. We have had the best players all three years.

We have the fastest car but a middle of the pack driver. Hopefully he can keep it on the road.

What's wrong with Spo is that he has the best team in the league and they are under-performing.

So are you giving up on Spo being a much better defensive coach than Riley now that you see how different the minutes are between the two rosters or do I have to save this post for the next time you try to convince us that Spo is a better defensive coach than Riley?

And are we ready to admit that having a completely different opinion before and after is the definition of flip flopping?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Spo better defensively than Riley? I don't know. It never crossed my mind. Who ever drew that conclusion? What I have pointed out if how the team improved steadily under Spo, something you try to diminish by crediting Wade far too much. How do you explain the vast and sustained improvement in DRTG under Spo? Hell, the ORTG was going up too, just not as drastically.

With Wade and scrubs, Spo went 43-39 and then 47-35 games in his first two seasons, following the 15-win season.

With Wade, Shaq and Zo, Riley went 41-20 and then 44-38. Still with Wade, he went 15-67. He had Wade the same number of games for that 44-38 season, as he did the 15-67 season, so it's not really clear that the injury was the deciding factor in such a precipitous dropoff.

In any case, it seems to illustrate that Spo saw just as much, if not slightly more success with arguably worse roster. The times when Spo got a roster worth of making a Finals, he's posted comparable win percentages in the regular and postseasons.

As for controlling their emotions...LOLOLOLOLOL! Who is the one who exudes anger and discontent with the team and coach? Me? Yeah right. You don't see me sitting around for 2.5 years bitching about something I have no control over and that ultimately means nothing to the team's success. I'm not the one trying to convince myself and everyone else that the winning is an illusion. If you want to bookmark this thread, be my guest. You're gonna embarrass yourself again by doing so. Did you bump the Spo thread from last season, after we won the championship? Do you ever give credit for the successes, or are you just Brian Windworst's RGM account, spouting endless negativity?

I'm a flip-flopper because I, like you, made misguided and misinformed comments following a tough loss? No. Unlike you, I calm down and think rationally after the sting of the loss subsides, and I can see the big picture. You know what it's a picture of? Rings and banners. Nothing else matters. We got everything we need to repeat and threepeat, and your Debbie Downer act won't change that. We already won. PEACE.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by GreenHat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 am

Pimpwerx wrote:
GreenHat wrote:I agree that we SHOULD repeat just like we SHOULD have won in 2011. We have had the best players all three years.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Spo better defensively than Riley? I don't know. It never crossed my mind. Who ever drew that conclusion? What I have pointed out if how the team improved steadily under Spo, something you try to diminish by crediting Wade far too much. How do you explain the vast and sustained improvement in DRTG under Spo? Hell, the ORTG was going up too, just not as drastically.

You said the improvement from the tank year to Spo's rookie year was because of the new coach imposing his defensive system and that's why we improved so much. You drew that conclusion. How are you a teacher?

With Wade and scrubs, Spo went 43-39 and then 47-35 games in his first two seasons, following the 15-win season.

Yes with a top 3 player in the league he got to the first round of the playoffs. Awesome. With Lebron and scrubs Mike Brown got to the finals and was winning 60+ games multiple years. Spo can't even get 60 wins with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. And Mike Brown isn't even good.

With Wade, Shaq and Zo, Riley went 41-20 and then 44-38. Still with Wade, he went 15-67. He had Wade the same number of games for that 44-38 season, as he did the 15-67 season, so it's not really clear that the injury was the deciding factor in such a precipitous dropoff.

It's not clear? Did you watch the season at all? It's clear to everyone else other than you that we were tanking. Maybe you weren't a fan back when we were that bad but the arena was empty and people couldn't give away their tickets.

And again you are ignoring the other parts. Getting rid of Jwill, Blount and Ricky Davis is going to make your defense better. Playing Haslem, Joel and Marion/JO is going to make your defense better.

Those things had a bigger impact than going from Riley to Spo. Is Spo's impact that much bigger than Riley's?

In any case, it seems to illustrate that Spo saw just as much, if not slightly more success with arguably worse roster. The times when Spo got a roster worth of making a Finals, he's posted comparable win percentages in the regular and postseasons.

So then in your opinion is Spo as good as Riley? I disagree with that.

As for controlling their emotions...LOLOLOLOLOL! Who is the one who exudes anger and discontent with the team and coach? Me? Yeah right. You don't see me sitting around for 2.5 years bitching about something I have no control over and that ultimately means nothing to the team's success. I'm not the one trying to convince myself and everyone else that the winning is an illusion. If you want to bookmark this thread, be my guest. You're gonna embarrass yourself again by doing so. Did you bump the Spo thread from last season, after we won the championship? Do you ever give credit for the successes, or are you just Brian Windworst's RGM account, spouting endless negativity?

Discontent about the team? I just say we are under-performing and we are.

Your discontent was clearly shown when we we lost to Indiana. You said posters on here see things Spo can't and he needed to go. We won the title and you flip flopped to now Spo being a top 3 coach. You played the result like you accuse others of doing but you do it more than anyone you accuse. You blame it on your emotions. You don't see my emotions cause my opinions to swing wildly.

When did I embarrass myself? You're the one who got his Indiana flip flop called out. You're also the one who is always near the first post in those "dumbest post ever" threads when people bring up your Norris Cole big 4 posts after a couple jumpshots.

By the way you have been bitching about posters but isn't that something you have no control about? So yeah I do see you doing that.

Why would I bump the Spo thread? My opinions don't sway in the wind based on my emotions and on the result like you. My views are still similar.

I'm a flip-flopper because I, like you, made misguided and misinformed comments following a tough loss? No. Unlike you, I calm down and think rationally after the sting of the loss subsides, and I can see the big picture. You know what it's a picture of? Rings and banners. Nothing else matters. We got everything we need to repeat and threepeat, and your Debbie Downer act won't change that. We already won. PEACE.

People were saying "we already won" in 2011 when another coach beat us badly with inferior players. You were definitely one of those idiots.

The point is we should be dominating the league on our way to a threepeat right now. We aren't.

If nothing else matters then why do you watch the games? Why post about the games? I'm a paying customer and I am being jipped on what I paid for. The games do matter as a form of entertainment. Under-performing this much is a much lower amount of performance than what they sold to the paying fans.

Even if the only thing that matters is rings then we are already one behind where we should be and this season isn't a certaintity.

As for the whole debbie downer thing, I'm just realistic. We are a better team than this.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by GreenHat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

HIF wrote:
GreenHat wrote:

So Spo wasn't an assistant coach in 2006? Damn you're right I must not live in the real world. goon. I thought of you as Mike Miller knocked down all those 3s in the finals last year, goon. I thought of you as Battier defended everyone put in front of him in the playoffs last year - and knocked down his 3s. Goon. I thought of you when Pops made sure that Boris Diaw stayed with the Spurs this season. Goon. I thought of you when all those players you said we should sign quietly dropped out of the league over the last 6 months. Goon.

I have no problem with Spo as an assitant coach. He is a hard worker. I'm sure in your deluded world we won that year because of Spo.

Yes Mike Miller had one good game definitely worth 30 million. Good thing you aren't giving out contracts. Glad that when one of your favorite teams was about to win a title you were thinking of me. I'm flattered.

When did I say that Battier couldn't play defense? He did knock down threes and bailed out Spo. If he doesn't shoot better than he ever has and better than anyone expected or if Harden doesn't miss all his open shots we could have lost that series to a team with inferior talent for the second year in a row. Again I'm flattered that when your team was about to win a title, I was again on your mind.

Diaw the IDEAL center barely plays for a reason. Again I'm glad that we never got Diaw because Spo would have tried to play super small ball with Diaw at center. I guess you would do the same thing since according to you he is the IDEAL center. I guess defense and rebounding are a foreign concept for you. Again I am flattered you were thinking so much about me but its starting to get a little uncomfortable.

I'm sorry I'm realistic about our options and don't make stupid unrealistic declarations like getting Dragic for the minimum like you did. Some of the players I mentioned were JR Smith, Reggie Evans, Gerald Green, Randy Foye. Even your favorite Novak is still in the league. And again these were realisitc low salary guys unlike your moronic Dragic for the minimum ideas. Clearly they all aren't out of the league. You're wrong again as usual and again its getting a little creepy how much you think about a guy on the internet you have never met.

Please stop thinking about me so much, its kind of sad and I don't want you to develop a Spo-like adoration for me.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#67 » by Pimpwerx » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:49 am

Random bump of what will look like dumber and dumber opinions as the season progresses.

Haberstroh was on with Friedo tonight, and has some interesting comments regarding Spo.

1. Spo is big into advanced stats and other analytics, as we already know. However, he apparently established the Heat's analytics database over a decade ago, before most people had caught on.

2. When Bosh went down in the playoffs, Pat Riley wanted the team to go big to counter the Pacers. However, it was Spo who made the call to go small, against Pat's wishes, and the results paid off. That's something we've never heard before, but demonstrates well how much trust Pat has in him, a well as how much freedom he has to execute his own gameplan.

3. He's highly regarded in the coaching community. It's something I've claimed for a couple years now, and seemingly obvious given the circumstances of his hire. However, it was interesting to hear that kind of information provided, given how some attitudes on this forum swear to the contrary.

With the team clicking on all cylinders and the unanimous favorite to win the ship, I assume there should be some pullback on some of the wrong/misinformed opinions here. Then again, that might just be foolishly optimistic.

The Heat are in good hands. We're gonna look back and wonder how anyone had anything to complain during the best days this franchise has ever seen. PEACE.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#68 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:00 am

Those who hate on spo will always do so. They will always blame him when the team fails and never give credit when the heat win. It is what it is.
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#69 » by BlackBerry » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 am

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:Those who hate on spo will always do so. They will always blame him when the team fails and never give credit when the heat win. It is what it is.

Quote of the day. Coach Spo only recieves flack cause hes so young and he started from ground zero to become a head coach with so much talent. We all make mistakes and coach spo learnt from his mistakes and next year guided his team to a championship.
Mutnt
Veteran
And1: 726

Post#70 » by Mutnt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 pm

What? He did what most of us said he needed to do immediately when we started to struggle, it took him some time (as usual) but I'm glad he eventually figured out most of the things...

How are we looking dumb since every strategical thing Spo did was way overdue and was called for by myself and most of the guys way before the changes. And sure, our recent success has nothing to do with Wade playing like a top 5 player instead of pure trash like at the start of the season, signing a legit defensive minded Center who's playing meaningful minutes, role players actually hitting shots and making plays, especially Chalmers who was a non-factor in the first half of the season. Oh, and there's that LeBron guy who's basically controlling every game with his GOAT level impact. I guess all these things were magically sparked by Spo's genius?

The effort level has also picked up immensely in this month, especially on defense, which I seriously doubt it's to the credit of Spo. More like LeBron and Wade decided to stop messing around.

Also, don't get all wet just yet. Even the Lakers have the 3rd best record after the All-Star break and I don't see anyone jumping up and yelling D'Antoni is a great coach...

Spo's made some good strides from the beginning of the season till now, and I applaud him for that. We're finally playing basketball that mostly everyone expected and knew this team was capable of playing (sans a few breakdowns last two games)... Now let's wait until the real competition starts in the playoffs.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#71 » by insfo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Mutnt wrote:What? He did what most of us said he needed to do immediately when we started to struggle, it took him some time (as usual) but I'm glad he eventually figured out most of the things...

How are we looking dumb since every strategical thing Spo did was way overdue and was called for by myself and most of the guys way before the changes. And sure, our recent success has nothing to do with Wade playing like a top 5 player instead of pure trash like at the start of the season, signing a legit defensive minded Center who's playing meaningful minutes, role players actually hitting shots and making plays, especially Chalmers who was a non-factor in the first half of the season. Oh, and there's that LeBron guy who's basically controlling every game with his GOAT level impact. I guess all these things were magically sparked by Spo's genius?

The effort level has also picked up immensely in this month, especially on defense, which I seriously doubt it's to the credit of Spo. More like LeBron and Wade decided to stop messing around.

Also, don't get all wet just yet. Even the Lakers have the 3rd best record after the All-Star break and I don't see anyone jumping up and yelling D'Antoni is a great coach...

Spo's made some good strides from the beginning of the season till now, and I applaud him for that. We're finally playing basketball that mostly everyone expected and knew this team was capable of playing (sans a few breakdowns last two games)... Now let's wait until the real competition starts in the playoffs.

lol .. seriously, why are you clowns not headcoaches in this league if you know everything???
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by GreenHat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 pm

^^^Exactly

No pullback from me.

I have a question for the apologists though.

Their excuse has always been that we were coasting. If we were coasting why would we choose early February to stop coasting? That seems unwise since the whole excuse was we were going to coast until the playoffs so why does it make strategic sense to stop coasting months before the playoffs? If you believe in momentum which I'm sure all of the dumb (and some of the smart) people do then isn't this just setting us up to peak too early like we did two years ago?

I'm sure if we start playing worse for a stretch it'll be because we started coasting again and then stop when we play better again.

The point is as a team we weren't coasting. Spo has been trying just as hard to win every game in February as he was in every other month. He even said he wasn't coasting. This shows that Spo has very little affect on the team's performance. According to himself he's put the same effort into the team when we were playing great as when we were playing poorly.

The players are what will win us a title. We have the best players in the league and a middle of the pack coach.

We've been shooting great on jumpers but I'm sure Spo went and got everyone to shoot better himself. I'd also like to thank Spo for going back into time and impregnating Lebron and Wade's mothers so that they would be here today.

The people attributing our winning to Spo do realize we have the best players in the league right? You guys don't all think the Spurs have better players I hope.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#73 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:01 pm

imchillin wrote:
Heej wrote:I've said for years now that Spo is a savant with X's and O's. This guy came up in the Heat organization from starting out as a video coordinator for christ's sake. He digests game film like Ron Artest downed Hennessy during half time. He's consistently been one of the best after timeout playcalling coaches in the league for years now as I've said. Sure he fell in love with small ball, but that's because it's proven to work when guys put in the necessary effort. Spo's done what he could with the flawed personnel he's been given (particularly in terms of bigs).

I've said this so many times but I'll say it again. One of the main things that defines a head coach is their ability to get players to buy into the system and not break of plays at their fancy. The defensive rotations our guys play with has guys on a string. It's one of the most clean and crisp defenses in the league from a structural/discipline standpoint in terms of how well our guys execute it. Sure we make mistakes, but the way these guys help and recover and pick up each other's men is a thing of beauty. That comes from hours of drilling, breaking down game film, and most importantly getting through to players to buy into what you're preaching as opposed to pointing at their guy whenever they get a screen set on them and calling for a switch (aka pulling a Carmelo Anthony).

When our guys put in the effort our ballhawking defense disrupts opponents sets, shuts off primary and secondary options, eats time off the opposing team's shot clock, and causes absolute havoc on pick and rolls. Sure we have our rebounding woes, but our first line of defense is nothing short of excellent and we have Spo to thank for that.

Also our double post offense and Horns sets have been slaying the rest of the league all season long. The quick ball reversals on the perimeter we're known for always have opposing defenses scrambling and our guys are generally pretty disciplined about trying to find good shots. We get our guys good shots on the perimeter, and they fall at a higher rate than most of the league. Sure we have the best player in the league on this team, and when he feels like it Wade is top 5, but our offense does a damn good job putting our guys in position to score when they run it properly (which can't always be expected to be done because running a good offense in the NBA is every bit as tiring as running a good defense which fans can't seem to grasp).

ALL this and we still struggle to beat bad teams and we still have scrubs dropping all career highs on a nightly and we still probly give up the most 3's in the league....

i've never seen a team with so much potential and talent have to play as hard as they do lol its laughable lol the damn Thunder who's probably a little less talented than we are win games easier than we do. Thank God we match up well with them and have Lebron. because if lebron aint great we fall apart.

The freakin Bulls without their starsss win games easier than we do, WOW great coaching SPo.....

Spurs lost to the suns last night, pop's fault, right?

:roll:
CeCeySay
Junior
And1: 513

Post#74 » by CeCeySay » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:56 pm

To those that watch the post game videos & practice videos, did any of you guys notice when they asked Bron if that PnR play vs Cavs with Wade that lead to the dunk was called or him & he said him & wade did it, but Spo on the post game was asked & said it was designed. Not trying to make a deal out of it, just found it odd that it got 2 diff responses.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,767

Post#75 » by Hallstar » Fri Mar 1, 2013 4:17 pm

GreenHat wrote:^^^Exactly

No pullback from me.

Their excuse has always been that we were coasting. If we were coasting why would we choose early February to stop coasting? That seems unwise since the whole excuse was we were going to coast until the playoffs so why does it make strategic sense to stop coasting months before the playoffs? If you believe in momentum which I'm sure all of the dumb (and some of the smart) people do then isn't this just setting us up to peak too early like we did two years ago?

I'm sure if we start playing worse for a stretch it'll be because we started coasting again and then stop when we play better again.

The point is as a team we weren't coasting. Spo has been trying just as hard to win every game in February as he was in every other month. He even said he wasn't coasting. This shows that Spo has very little affect on the team's performance. According to himself he's put the same effort into the team when we were playing great as when we were playing poorly.

The players are what will win us a title. We have the best players in the league and a middle of the pack coach.

We've been shooting great on jumpers but I'm sure Spo went and got everyone to shoot better himself. I'd also like to thank Spo for going back into time and impregnating Lebron and Wade's mothers so that they would be here today.

The people attributing our winning to Spo do realize we have the best players in the league right? You guys don't all think the Spurs have better players I hope.

It's the Shaq thinking, you rev up down the homestretch into the playoffs so you don't burn out. This approach would have probably served some of our late 90s teams better.

It was blatantly obvious that these guys were coasting for long chunks of the regular season. The type of defense we play isn't sustainable for 100 games in a season. It's the trade off the team makes.
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#76 » by TheDon008 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 4:47 pm

No pullback from me.

Seriously bro, give it a rest.
Did spo smash your ol' lady or something? Damn!

You never post on the board unless its to bash Spo. Again. Give it a rest.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#77 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:09 pm

Doublepost
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#78 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:10 pm

^ GreenHat is actually one of the better posters around here.

Some of that disproportional Spoism around here can get real annoying. Most Heat fan somewhat like him, but he's far from perfect (or top 3 Coach of league..really?) like of the blind homers make him out to be. Comparing him to Pop...come on now.

At the end of the day his goal is to help us win the Ship this year, and that's what he'll be judged on. not much sense arguing about it now.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#79 » by Slot Machine » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:16 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:^ GreenHat is actually one of the better posters around here.

Some of that disproportional Spoism around here can get real annoying. Most Heat fan somewhat like him, but he's far from perfect (or top 3 Coach of league..really?) like of the blind homers make him out to be. Comparing him to Pop...come on now.

At the end of the day his goal is to help us win the Ship this year, and that's what he'll be judged on. not much sense arguing about it now.

Spot on.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by GreenHat » Sat Mar 2, 2013 3:49 pm

Hallstar wrote:

No pullback from me.

It's the Shaq thinking, you rev up down the homestretch into the playoffs so you don't burn out. This approach would have probably served some of our late 90s teams better.

It was blatantly obvious that these guys were coasting for long chunks of the regular season. The type of defense we play isn't sustainable for 100 games in a season. It's the trade off the team makes.

This isn't the homestretch... it was February. If that was the strategy (which Spo denies) then it was poorly executed.

Return to Miami Heat