ImageImageImage

Give Spo Credit

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Re: Give Spo Credit 

Post#101 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 am

I think Greenhat has a fair point, its bizarre to see certain posters (you know who I'm talking about, *cough* peace *cough*) that were extremely critical of Spo early on, to the point it was unfair, who completely changed their stance once he won a title.

I was guilty of questioning Spo at the start of that 10-11 campaign, but I think we all let the 9-8 start get to us a little bit. At this point, he is what he is, and he's fitting in nicely into his role.

I will point out, so far this season both Mike Brown and Mike D'antoni have failed miserably with a roster just as stacked as the one we have right now. People may not have thought highly of Brown, but he did win 60+ games with LeBron and scraps, and D'antoni did wonders in Phoenix.

I'm sure Greenhat will point out that LeBron had a lot to do with Brown's success in Cleveland, and Nash with D'antoni in Phoenix, and that's fair, but that still doesn't explain the failure in LA entirely. Bottom line, whether its expected or not, Spoelstra deserves a fair bit of credit for this team starting to meet expectations, just like the players do, its a team effort, these things aren't done in a vacuum.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#102 » by GreenHat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:13 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I think Greenhat has a fair point, its bizarre to see certain posters (you know who I'm talking about, *cough* peace *cough*) that were extremely critical of Spo early on, to the point it was unfair, who completely changed their stance once he won a title.

I was guilty of questioning Spo at the start of that 10-11 campaign, but I think we all let the 9-8 start get to us a little bit. At this point, he is what he is, and he's fitting in nicely into his role.

I will point out, so far this season both Mike Brown and Mike D'antoni have failed miserably with a roster just as stacked as the one we have right now. People may not have thought highly of Brown, but he did win 60+ games with LeBron and scraps, and D'antoni did wonders in Phoenix.

I'm sure Greenhat will point out that LeBron had a lot to do with Brown's success in Cleveland, and Nash with D'antoni in Phoenix, and that's fair, but that still doesn't explain the failure in LA entirely. Bottom line, whether its expected or not, Spoelstra deserves a fair bit of credit for this team starting to meet expectations, just like the players do, its a team effort, these things aren't done in a vacuum.

Thanks.

I am being turned into a Spo hater even though the lovers hated him more than I ever did. I'm being vilified for sticking with a moderate stance instead of swaying with the wind of wins and losses. He has moved up a few spots for me but not huge swings based on narratives like the other posters.

To me I think coaching has very little to do with a team being good. A bad coach can hurt a talented roster far more than a good coach can help a hugely talented roster. We hear about what makes a good story. No elite team has done it without the players but some have done it without the coach.

Just look at this team. Does anyone remember all of the articles about our new "fast-paced" offense that Spo was implementing? All the articles of going small and watching the Oregon Ducks practice? All the posts on this forum praising the new fast offense and how we were taking advantage of our speed after a few fast games? Well right now we are 23rd in pace and our offense is playing great. The same posters who were praising Spo for being such a genius as to think of playing fast with the fastest team in the league are praising the new slow offense.

Or to make it broader look back at the motivational tactics of this team. The thing with the cards, the head in the ice water and all of the great speeches. The thing is there was probably some gimmick or great speech before most of our losses too. It happens with all coaches in all sports. Winning and story make you a "great" coach.

I agree that Spo has been adequate in his role. I wasn't asking for him to be fired even before this streak or during our bad streak. I was just saying we should be playing better given our roster. Turns out it seems like that is correct. We should have been playing better earlier in the season.

Where I disagree with you is where you say the Lakers are just as stacked as us. To be honest I wouldn't trade Lebron by himself for the whole Lakers roster. You're ignoring age, injury and coachability if you think the Lakers are as stacked as our team. I'll ask you this, would you trade our roster for theirs? I don't think anyone would.

Also D'Antoni/Brown failing isn't really a good argument for Spo because both are considered bad coaches. Even the Spo lovers diss those two (except when it fits their agenda).

You bring up a good point about Mike Brown though. Mike Brown who we all agree is not a good coach won 66 games and a ridiculous 8.68 SRS with Lebron. His top 7 in terms of minutes were:

Lebron
Mo Williams
Varejao
Delonte West
Daniel Gibson
Big Z
Wally Szczerbiak

That team sucks compared to ours, had a bad coach and they won 66 games. Its not a fluke either, they had an 8.68 SRS which is higher than the Heat ever has had. They also followed that up with 61 games but only because Lebron missed 6 games and they lost all of them.

That's why I don't take 1 out of 3 60 win seasons (or on pace for) as evidence that Spo is a top 3 coach. A bad coach with a lesser Lebron and less supporting cast played better than us over a season.

Again not calling for his head, I just don't see how having a great roster perform great makes you an elite coach. I just don't get swayed as easily as some (not you) by some wins. This team SHOULD be dominating the league, regardless of the coach.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#103 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 am

I've thought highly of Spo since early 2011.

4/1/12: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1172576#p31178932

I started that thread specifically because I was tired of people constantly blaming Spo for losses. I'm not sure wtf either of you are reading.

I wasn't always a fan. Hated his initial hire, and doubted his ability to handle this bigtime roster. Since they started reeling off wins following the 9-8 start, and Spo's high success rate with plays called out of timeouts, that season, he won me over. I really don't know wtf either of you is on. PEACE.
coolnerd88
Bench Warmer
And1: 222

Post#104 » by coolnerd88 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 am

I guess my only problem with him is, I'm not sure if it's him or if it's Lebron, Wade and Bosh and co, just figuring it out.

Whenever he's up in a coaching battle, locked game, where adjustments, counter points, and drawn up plays, motivation...the little things that can tell you if your coach is a great coach, average, or clueless....he never stacks up....

I think he's finally learning, maybe all those growing pains made him elite....I will never say he sucks because he coached his butt off defensively in 09 10 before the Lebron and Bosh era but then Wade was beasting too so.

I don't know if we're just better then everyone else or if he's just getting elite....I think if we face the Spurs in the finals, I'll have my answer for me personally.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#105 » by GreenHat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 am

Pimpwerx wrote:I've thought highly of Spo since early 2011.

4/1/12: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1172576#p31178932

I started that thread specifically because I was tired of people constantly blaming Spo for losses. I'm not sure wtf either of you are reading.

I wasn't always a fan. Hated his initial hire, and doubted his ability to handle this bigtime roster. Since they started reeling off wins following the 9-8 start, and Spo's high success rate with plays called out of timeouts, that season, he won me over. I really don't know wtf either of you is on. PEACE.

I believe TImHardaway was referring to your top 3 coach after we win the title but him knowing less than posters on this forum less than 20 games before that. Can you link to that thread please? That's what I took it as him referring to.

That thread doesn't have you spouting top 3 coach and I find it hard to believe that you would be arguing top 3 if Lebron didn't bail us out against Boston. You're playing the result.

That's the point I was making and what it seems like he was agreeing with. I say seems like because I don't want to put words into his mouth.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#106 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1188737&p=32294217#p32294372

I wrote this on April 27th 2012:

Before the playoffs begin, I'm gonna start the "Spo for Hall of Fame" bandwagon, so people can't say I'm a front-runner.

Who are the two most-criticized people on the Heat? Lebron and Spo. Lebron's about to win his 3rd MVP...nuff said. So what's so good about Spo? For all his perceived flaws, he inherited a 15-win team, and despite that, he has coached a grand total of 12 games in 3 seasons with his team having a losing record. He has never missed the playoffs. The one time he had a team capable of making the Finals, he got there. He made the playoffs two years in a row with a team we all now know was tanking to sign the Big3. You know what? We're a bit of alright with Spo. You need to hop on the hype train before he banks that first ring, because it's just gonna be raining championships down here. Destiny and dynasty await.

Knicks up first. Let's go HEAT!

It's on my FB. I can screencap it if you don't believe me. Anyway, here's more:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1164620&start=15#p30667772

3/1/12: In reply to you, of all people, I wrote:

Greenhat wrote:Before I name some better coaches, do you really believe that Spo is the best coach in the league? Not even HIF thinks that.

No, but one of the best. I wouldn't take Doc, Spo outcoached him in the 2nd round. I would maybe take Carlisle and definitely Karl and Pop. I would drop Spo only for Pop. I wouldn't drop him for anyone. Karl is a better coach, but why upset the chemistry now? It's an incredibly short-sighted approach to take.

Spo hasn't shown he's incapable of getting this job done. 2 games from the ship in the first year the team is assembled? Impressive. This wasn't a nice set of complimentary pieces like the Celtics. He had his work cut out with this one. Besides, it is not his fault we lost in the Finals. If Bron hits his averages, Spo pulls it off with aplomb. I know...terrible coach.

I merely teach Math, so maybe I'm rusty. I said definitely Karl and Pop, right? That's...1....2...um...two guys I definitely placed ahead of Spo. That would mean he's the...hmmm...the 3rd in the list. I suppose that means Top3.

Someone's telling porky pies, and it's not me. You and Tim have your facts wrong. PEACE.
nunemouse
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#107 » by nunemouse » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 am

With all due respect, to what extent do any of us know coaching? Additionally, except for what the media tells you, to what extent do you know how Spo coaches? I think coaching is a "proof in the pudding" deal. Spo has a large job on his plate, not only to deliver in wins but to also to manage the ego's (fortunately we don't have it as bad) and personalities of the team. Do you guys realize that if he was an AVERAGE coach, the Big 3 could probably come together and get him fired really easily?

Fans in general put players on a pedestal, and don't respect the coaches enough. This happens across all fanbases, even ones who have had coaches such as Pop and Phil. When Lebron plays bad for a stretch and takes **** shots, it's Spo's fault for some reason. Fans tend to give too much blame to the coach and not enough to the player if something bad happens, and vice versa if something good happens. It's a result of us being so attached to the players, we're less keen to identify their mistakes than others. This attachment is natural, can you really blame them for being more attached to a 6-8 guy that can take over games rather than a shorter more calm guy in a tux that doesn't get nearly as much media exposure? Not really. Nevertheless, they should be cognizant of their bias and as a result vigilant in not rushing to judgement regarding the coach, given how little they truly know about his coaching.
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#108 » by imchillin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 am

coolnerd88 wrote:I guess my only problem with him is, I'm not sure if it's him or if it's Lebron, Wade and Bosh and co, just figuring it out.

Whenever he's up in a coaching battle, locked game, where adjustments, counter points, and drawn up plays, motivation...the little things that can tell you if your coach is a great coach, average, or clueless....he never stacks up....

I think he's finally learning, maybe all those growing pains made him elite....I will never say he sucks because he coached his butt off defensively in 09 10 before the Lebron and Bosh era but then Wade was beasting too so.

I don't know if we're just better then everyone else or if he's just getting elite....I think if we face the Spurs in the finals, I'll have my answer for me personally.

this is exactly how I feel. I do give him credit for implementing the new spread system after we lost in the finals to the Mavs. We play really well now and Im not sure if they just realized how to play together or he's doing something special. I can't tell especially since Lebron wills bad teams to good regular season records anyway..

Because of our streak, I do consider him for coach of the year tho...just because...
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by GreenHat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

Pimpwerx wrote:http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1188737&p=32294217#p32294372

I wrote this on April 27th 2012:

Before the playoffs begin, I'm gonna start the "Spo for Hall of Fame" bandwagon, so people can't say I'm a front-runner.

Who are the two most-criticized people on the Heat? Lebron and Spo. Lebron's about to win his 3rd MVP...nuff said. So what's so good about Spo? For all his perceived flaws, he inherited a 15-win team, and despite that, he has coached a grand total of 12 games in 3 seasons with his team having a losing record. He has never missed the playoffs. The one time he had a team capable of making the Finals, he got there. He made the playoffs two years in a row with a team we all now know was tanking to sign the Big3. You know what? We're a bit of alright with Spo. You need to hop on the hype train before he banks that first ring, because it's just gonna be raining championships down here. Destiny and dynasty await.

Knicks up first. Let's go HEAT!

It's on my FB. I can screencap it if you don't believe me. Anyway, here's more:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1164620&start=15#p30667772

3/1/12: In reply to you, of all people, I wrote:

Greenhat wrote:Before I name some better coaches, do you really believe that Spo is the best coach in the league? Not even HIF thinks that.

No, but one of the best. I wouldn't take Doc, Spo outcoached him in the 2nd round. I would maybe take Carlisle and definitely Karl and Pop. I would drop Spo only for Pop. I wouldn't drop him for anyone. Karl is a better coach, but why upset the chemistry now? It's an incredibly short-sighted approach to take.

Spo hasn't shown he's incapable of getting this job done. 2 games from the ship in the first year the team is assembled? Impressive. This wasn't a nice set of complimentary pieces like the Celtics. He had his work cut out with this one. Besides, it is not his fault we lost in the Finals. If Bron hits his averages, Spo pulls it off with aplomb. I know...terrible coach.

I merely teach Math, so maybe I'm rusty. I said definitely Karl and Pop, right? That's...1....2...um...two guys I definitely placed ahead of Spo. That would mean he's the...hmmm...the 3rd in the list. I suppose that means Top3.

Someone's telling porky pies, and it's not me. You and Tim have your facts wrong. PEACE.

We have our facts correct. We all know your opinion flip flops. We are talking about your posts during the Indiana series. Since you are digging up your old posts why don't you dig up those posts that I asked you for?

And I was expecting you to be a PE or shop teacher. You actually teach math? No wonder we've fallen so far behind other countries in math.

Again you asked what we were talking about and I told you it was your Indiana posts. Please link those posts and I'll show you specifically what I am referring to.
TheDon008
Banned User
And1: 63

Post#110 » by TheDon008 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am

^^^^ My god. Just stop.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#111 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Bottom line is - Spo did a great job handling egos and standing firm under a ton of pressure. I give him a lot of credit for those things.

But on the baketball court, the only series i felt we had a (slight) coaching advatange was the OKC one. He got severely outcoached by Carlisle (cost us another championship) and by Doc (almost lost to an inferior Celtics team). He still showed some of his old bad habits early this year (rotations, not adjusting, stubbornness) but seem to do better in those areas lately.

Let's see how he does in the playoffs. That's the only real test for him. He's got the best roster in the east, easily. Let's see if we play our way to the finals in the way that we should.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#112 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 pm

This is how Pimpwerx was feeling before game 3 of the Pacers series! He was hopping off that wagon quick.

Re: Spo Spo Spo
by Pimpwerx on Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 am

Pimpwerx wrote:DefenseWins wrote:
ahahahahha Spo supporters won't be looking too good now.

Say all you want about our sucky role players, LBJ and Wade gassing out (mostly LeBron), missed FT's.

Our offense SUCKED SO BAD and not a single play was called. You can tell because no one was running around for anything.

The only play, which isn't even a real play is "CLEAR SPACE FOR LBJ AND WADE!!".

Spo doesn't get bailed out and BAM!!! you just see everything. Also this is a playoff game, cut the shiz out about "THEY WILL TURN IT UP IN THE PLAYOFFS!".

Pimpwerx wrote:
Hey, if this continues for another game, I'm gonna drop my support.
Tonight looked like we never learned from last season. Game1 was fine. I'm still fine with it since it was an in-game adjustment. Tonight was inexcusable.

WE ALL CALLED FOR MANAGING MINUTES. Yet, Spo runs them into the ground. That's just not acceptable. He has to come with a new gameplan for Game3, period. I'll give him another game, one bad game isn't the end. However, do it again, I'm pretty much done. You can't make a mistake like that. If a bunch of armchairs on a web forum can predict the obvious and you can't, then you're just not cut out to be a coach. His defensive prowess can't overshadow a mistake like this.

That said, I'm hoping for the best next game. I don't think I have much a of a choice, anyway. PEACE.

Let that second to last paragraph marinate on you for a minute.... Yeah...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1179613&start=240

This is how our ever positive poster Pimpwerx felt after gm 3 of the Pacers series. You know... That's his thing... Mr. Positivity, but he should stick with his theme and leave the serious debating and analyzing alone!

Pimpwerx wrote:Re: GAME 3: HEAT @ Pacers (7PM)
by Pimpwerx on Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 am

I watched the game. Trouble is brewing.

That's pretty much all I gotta say about it.
We need to grab the next one, or our championship dreams are over. That's the bottom line.

I'm not sure what Wade and Spo said to each other, but the seeds of discord have been sewn. Great game by Rio. Everyone else...pfft. PEACE.

Another post after someone else saw him post in another thread.

Pimpwerx wrote:Dude...the writing is on the wall. We all died a little inside when Bosh went down, but I didn't think it would end up like this. We, honestly, look hopeless. We need Rio to be the third member of our Big3, and we need Wade to return to form. That's the only way.

How bad is it that we need Rio's production to survive? How much worse is it that he comes up biggest, and we still lose? I'm gonna carry the flag until we go down, but goddammit, this is my worst fear. We got no answers. Spo dug into the bench and didn't come up with a solution. Lebron looked like his tank emptied in the 1st half. Wade...is not Wade. Indiana flat-out looks like the better team right now. Better coaching and playing. That's not good.

Now if this team gets blown up...I'm not even gonna worry about it until the window shuts on us. When that time comes, I'll have my suggestions for what we can do. They won't include Spo. He's as good as gone now, failing a miracle he inspired. We need a new roster. Second year in a row our bench has been a load of crap. All that money on Miller and Haslem, and they haven't done much. At least UD won us a game in Chicago...what has MM done?I'm out of ammo. I spent my second post-game drowning my sorrows in booze. I got a date for Sunday I'm considering rescheduling now, because I don't want to turn her off if we lose. Then again, we've won everytime she's watched a game with me. Ugh...whatever.

We're the best team in the land, with Bosh. We've still got the two best players on the planet. This is not how it will end. This season was written in the stars. I'm convinced of this. The dream of this team was that one injury wouldn't sink us. I'm gonna hold onto this dream. We're an unstoppable force, we've only hit a hiccup.

Winning f-cking attitudes, men! Destiny awaits! PEACE.

He caught himself at the end and pulled it back together... Good job Werx.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1181366&start=1425

This is what he said that made him make the post above.

Pimpwerx wrote:Re: Whats up with dwayne wade?
by Pimpwerx on Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am

Wade's having a bad series. He did against the Bulls last year too, but it didn't matter because Bosh stepped-up. Tonight, he was terrible.

I watched the whole game. We got beat in every facet of the game. Indy didn't miss their shots at one point, and we had no answer. Bron getting outscored by Rio is fine. He was due for a clunker, and it wasn't even that much of clunker. Wade, OTOH, stunk up the show. His 3rd game shooting like ****. It's hard to explain, but it is what it is.

I'm Mr. Heat, and Mr. Positivity, but the reality is setting in that this might end up in heartbreak. I'm bracing myself, but it's on the horizon. I always said Bosh was most-important. I always bitched people out who scremed "trade Bosh" because I knew we would be unable to replace him. This is the result. Dwight Howard wouldn't help our cause. We need a stretch 4.

I'm worried, guys. I'm seriously worried. Wade isn't there for us. This is probably the first time in his career that he hasn't been able to step-up and carry the franchise. I'm really worried. PEACE.

Im sure when he said, "we got beat in every facet of the game" he was talking about coaching as well. And he said as much later on. And you can clearly see that this "Mr. Positivity" is just something he does as a gimmic! That's his thing... So please don't take him serious as a true debater/poster. Give this man some Pom-Poms and let him cheerlead, because that's his thing!
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#113 » by This IsMy House » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:This is how Pimpwerx was feeling before game 3 of the Pacers series! He was hopping off that wagon quick.

Re: Spo Spo Spo
by Pimpwerx on Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 am

Pimpwerx wrote:DefenseWins wrote:
ahahahahha Spo supporters won't be looking too good now.

Say all you want about our sucky role players, LBJ and Wade gassing out (mostly LeBron), missed FT's.

Our offense SUCKED SO BAD and not a single play was called. You can tell because no one was running around for anything.

The only play, which isn't even a real play is "CLEAR SPACE FOR LBJ AND WADE!!".

Spo doesn't get bailed out and BAM!!! you just see everything. Also this is a playoff game, cut the shiz out about "THEY WILL TURN IT UP IN THE PLAYOFFS!".

Pimpwerx wrote:
Hey, if this continues for another game, I'm gonna drop my support.
Tonight looked like we never learned from last season. Game1 was fine. I'm still fine with it since it was an in-game adjustment. Tonight was inexcusable.

WE ALL CALLED FOR MANAGING MINUTES. Yet, Spo runs them into the ground. That's just not acceptable. He has to come with a new gameplan for Game3, period. I'll give him another game, one bad game isn't the end. However, do it again, I'm pretty much done. You can't make a mistake like that. If a bunch of armchairs on a web forum can predict the obvious and you can't, then you're just not cut out to be a coach. His defensive prowess can't overshadow a mistake like this.

That said, I'm hoping for the best next game. I don't think I have much a of a choice, anyway. PEACE.

Let that second to last paragraph marinate on you for a minute.... Yeah...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1179613&start=240

This is how our ever positive poster Pimpwerx felt after gm 3 of the Pacers series. You know... That's his thing... Mr. Positivity, but he should stick with his theme and leave the serious debating and analyzing alone!

Pimpwerx wrote:Re: GAME 3: HEAT @ Pacers (7PM)
by Pimpwerx on Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 am

I watched the game. Trouble is brewing.

That's pretty much all I gotta say about it. We need to grab the next one, or our championship dreams are over. That's the bottom line.

I'm not sure what Wade and Spo said to each other, but the seeds of discord have been sewn. Great game by Rio. Everyone else...pfft. PEACE.

Another post after someone else saw him post in another thread.

Pimpwerx wrote:Dude...the writing is on the wall. We all died a little inside when Bosh went down, but I didn't think it would end up like this. We, honestly, look hopeless. We need Rio to be the third member of our Big3, and we need Wade to return to form. That's the only way.

How bad is it that we need Rio's production to survive? How much worse is it that he comes up biggest, and we still lose? I'm gonna carry the flag until we go down, but goddammit, this is my worst fear. We got no answers. Spo dug into the bench and didn't come up with a solution. Lebron looked like his tank emptied in the 1st half. Wade...is not Wade. Indiana flat-out looks like the better team right now. Better coaching and playing. That's not good.

Now if this team gets blown up...I'm not even gonna worry about it until the window shuts on us. When that time comes, I'll have my suggestions for what we can do. They won't include Spo. He's as good as gone now, failing a miracle he inspired. We need a new roster. Second year in a row our bench has been a load of crap. All that money on Miller and Haslem, and they haven't done much. At least UD won us a game in Chicago...what has MM done? I'm out of ammo. I spent my second post-game drowning my sorrows in booze. I got a date for Sunday I'm considering rescheduling now, because I don't want to turn her off if we lose. Then again, we've won everytime she's watched a game with me. Ugh...whatever.

We're the best team in the land, with Bosh. We've still got the two best players on the planet. This is not how it will end. This season was written in the stars. I'm convinced of this. The dream of this team was that one injury wouldn't sink us. I'm gonna hold onto this dream. We're an unstoppable force, we've only hit a hiccup.

Winning f-cking attitudes, men! Destiny awaits! PEACE.

He caught himself at the end and pulled it back together... Good job Werx.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1181366&start=1425

This is what he said that made him make the post above.

Pimpwerx wrote:Re: Whats up with dwayne wade?
by Pimpwerx on Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am

Wade's having a bad series. He did against the Bulls last year too, but it didn't matter because Bosh stepped-up. Tonight, he was terrible.

I watched the whole game. We got beat in every facet of the game. Indy didn't miss their shots at one point, and we had no answer. Bron getting outscored by Rio is fine. He was due for a clunker, and it wasn't even that much of clunker. Wade, OTOH, stunk up the show. His 3rd game shooting like ****. It's hard to explain, but it is what it is.

I'm Mr. Heat, and Mr. Positivity, but the reality is setting in that this might end up in heartbreak. I'm bracing myself, but it's on the horizon. I always said Bosh was most-important. I always bitched people out who scremed "trade Bosh" because I knew we would be unable to replace him. This is the result. Dwight Howard wouldn't help our cause. We need a stretch 4.

I'm worried, guys. I'm seriously worried. Wade isn't there for us. This is probably the first time in his career that he hasn't been able to step-up and carry the franchise. I'm really worried. PEACE.

Im sure when he said, "we got beat in every facet of the game" he was talking about coaching as well. And he said as much later on. And you can clearly see that this "Mr. Positivity" is just something he does a gimmic! That's his thing... So please don't take him serious as a true debater/poster. Give this man some Pom-Poms and let him cheerlead! Because that's his thing!

You have a weird obsession with Pimpwerx :o :lol:
I Stand With The []_[]!
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#114 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 am

This IsMy House wrote:You have a weird obsession with Pimpwerx :o :lol:

Greenhat asked for these quotes so I brought them backup since we know that Pimpwerx will ignore his request. I actually used to like the positive thing Pimpwerx used to do. And it was cool when we finally debated in the Spo Spo Spo thread. But he was trying to degrade some of the other posters for questioning Spo as if he had never done such. So I simply exposed him. He's been making his responses a little more personal as of late, so I had to get at him. Which is why he can't let this thread or his post in this forum die like he said he would until after the playoffs.

No obsession on my part. I've actually been quiet like I said I would be when it comes to debating him.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#115 » by Altered_Beast » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 am

hmmmmm.... big dee chi-born knows where the bodies are buried but seriously though, pimps a good poster he may go at people from time to time but for the most part he thinks his posts out

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#116 » by Pimpwerx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 am

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:*snip*

You got me. A handful of posts, over a few bad games is totally indicative of me of a poster. Not 8200+ posts over 3 years. Especially not when posts before and after that establish a more consistent baseline.

I particularly love how the "Pimpwerx is a flip-flopper" myth ever became a talking-point. Because it's become more difficult to paint Spo as a bad coach, now my argument is invalid because when we lost some games, I made some reactionary posts. Well, all your posts in this thread are looking pretty damn reactionary. Tell us again about how coaching your kid's little league qualifies you to judge an NBA coach. LOL! I would go back and quote some of the dreck you try to pass off as basketball knowledge, but why would I force myself to read that drivel again? PEACE.
Tjjrex
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#117 » by Tjjrex » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 am

Whoever wasn't mad and calling for heads after that game 3 in Indy, must've been mentally insane.. Not to bud in lol
nunemouse
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#118 » by nunemouse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:55 am

Let's cool it a bit guys lol. Doesn't the rest of RGM have a general negative attitude towards Heat fans (just because you guys have Wade/Lebron and they don't)? Given that, you guys should at least be a little bit more patient with each other. If that isn't there it just turns into the personal-attack based drivel that litters many GB threads.

Anyways just my 2 cents.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by GreenHat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:
This IsMy House wrote:You have a weird obsession with Pimpwerx :o :lol:

Greenhat asked for these quotes so I brought them backup since we know that Pimpwerx will ignore his request. I actually used to like the positive thing Pimpwerx used to do. And it was cool when we finally debated in the Spo Spo Spo thread. But he was trying to degrade some of the other posters for questioning Spo as if he had never done such. So I simply exposed him. He's been making his responses a little more personal as of late, so I had to get at him. Which is why he can't let this thread or his post in this forum die like he said he would until after the playoffs.

No obsession on my part. I've actually been quiet like I said I would be when it comes to debating him.

Yes thank you. Those were the posts I assumed what Tim Hardaway was referring too.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by GreenHat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:
Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:*snip*

You got me. A handful of posts, over a few bad games is totally indicative of me of a poster. Not 8200+ posts over 3 years. Especially not when posts before and after that establish a more consistent baseline.

I particularly love how the "Pimpwerx is a flip-flopper" myth ever became a talking-point. Because it's become more difficult to paint Spo as a bad coach, now my argument is invalid because when we lost some games, I made some reactionary posts. Well, all your posts in this thread are looking pretty damn reactionary. Tell us again about how coaching your kid's little league qualifies you to judge an NBA coach. LOL! I would go back and quote some of the dreck you try to pass off as basketball knowledge, but why would I force myself to read that drivel again? PEACE.

You keep saying that you have posts before and after that are completely different and yet you don't understand the flip flopping "myth". That is flip flopping. Its fine to have a change of opinion, especially over time but if you think Spo is great, then a few losses later you think posters on here know more than him and he should be gone and then a few wins later you think Spo=God then your opinion is worthless and plays the result.

When we were playing poorly in the regular season you specifically said the regular season doesn't matter. Then we win a some games in the regular season and you bump this thread to gloat. So does the regular season matter or not? See if you're opinion flip flops all the time based on a few wins or losses it makes absolute sense to point out your inconsistencies when debating you.

You are complaining about people painting Spo as a bad coach so you painting Spo as an even worse coach than the people you are debating with is relevant to the discussion. You call me a hater for putting Spo slightly above average while you say he isn't even cut out to be a coach just a couple of wins before and after you had him as a top 3 coach. Again that's absolutely relevant to the discussion especially when you are digging up your own posts and using them as "proof".

So are old posts relevant as proof of an opinion? Looks like another flip flop coming up.

Return to Miami Heat