ImageImageImage

2/1 - HEAT @ Pacers - 7

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Re: 2/1 - HEAT @ Pacers - 7 

Post#761 » by Lord Hades » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:36 am

kingjames623 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:I was contemplating recapping the same concerning Pop, but figured it would just be met by more 'Spo is infallible' rhetoric and I couldn't muster the energy.

Why in God's name are the two being compared anyway?

:lol:

Man, think what Pop would do with this team.

I don't want to. It'd depress me.
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#762 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Feb 3, 2013 7:20 pm

Why do Bron and Wade have a totally different reaction to the loss than people in this thread? No, it's not a PR front. The level of nonchalance and dismissiveness in their comments looks a lot more in line with what I said postgame than what the worry worts are saying. To paraphrase Wade, "sometimes teams just beat you." Amen to that. PEACE.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#763 » by GreenHat » Mon Feb 4, 2013 7:26 am

If we're going by what the players say then they have been asking for changes for weeks now. Why are their reactions to these losses different than the apologists? Its not a PR front. The level of concern in their comments looks a lot more in line with what I said that we should be playing better. To paraphrase Bosh and then to put it into quotation marks because I don't understand what the word paraphrase means, "Put rebounders in there, and we're going to rebound... I'm all for making this team better. If Coach needs to put somebody else in that's going to rebound better, then I'm all for it." Amen to that. PEACE.

I guess some people think they know more about this team than the players on it.

Bosh seems to agree that this team should be playing better and that one way to do that would be to not try to play small ball for 82 games just because it worked in a matchup while our players were shooting amazingly from three.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#764 » by GreenHat » Mon Feb 4, 2013 7:32 am

Ratchet_Rio wrote:
Mutnt wrote:Hahaha people here doing anything to defend Spo is hilarious. I like how the 'arguements' have progressed since November too :lol: First it was:

''Yeah, it's just a couple of losses no big deal, we ain't going for 72-10.''

after that:

''Yeah, our defense is coasting right now, no worries, when we'll commit more energy we should be fine.''

after that was somewhat fixed and we were still losing:

''Yeah, the problem is our rebounding, but no worries, Spo's gonna figure something out, the roster is pretty much the same as last year when we didn't have rebounding problems and won the title.''

after keeping the boards in check for a couple of games and still losing:

''Yeah, nobody gives a **** about games in January, we're built for the playoffs not for mid-season''

after a couple of more losses and the same problems:

''Yeah, it's only February, we will get it going when it matters...''

Let me guess, next time it's gonna be ''it's only March/April, the important thing is that we have the 1st seed...'' and if NY or Indy surpasses us, it's gonna be: ''It doesn't matter, this team is a proven championship team, we don't need home court to win the title.''

It seems that the only way people will open their **** eyes is if we fail miserably in the playoffs... That title we won last year blinded so many people it's crazy.

I see a whole lot of truth in this post. The people constantly making excuses for this team thinking they will just turn on a switch in the playoffs are going to be in for a rude awakening.

There is a lot of truth in it because it is the truth.

Those constant excuse makers think we try in wins and then every time we lose its because we don't try. They use this as an excuse for a competent but not spectacular coach but they don't realize that it actually makes him look bad that he doesn't have enough control of his team.

The funny thing is that once Spo finally does switch and we start to play better (our defense has gotten better the less small ball we have played... SHOCKING) they'll say that Spo knew it all along even though the "complainers" have been the ones saying it far before.

It reminds me of Bibby still starting in the finals. Sure he eventually realized the right move but it took forever and might have cost us.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.

Return to Miami Heat