ImageImageImage

Greg Oden Watch

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

When will Greg Oden make his first on court appearence?

January
45%
February
22%
March
16%
April
4%
Playoffs
No votes
Not this Year
12%

Total votes: 73

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,442

Re: Greg Oden Watch 

Post#301 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:51 am

Cavs game grade : B-

Played a season high 14 minutes (7 straight to start both halfs) finished in the paint nicely afew times but also missed a few bunnies, only fouled twice and had 2 huge blocks.

Starting to see some progress no?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,249

Post#302 » by twix2500 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 am

I think this is the first time Miami has directly made a move because of Indy. With Bynum taking his stint with Indy seriously, Miami is altering their lineup to combat Bynum as Indy second unit. It appears Miami is preparing their team to counter when Bynum come into the game, to expose his lack of quickness and conditioning by playing high tempo small ball.
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#303 » by shanedude » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 am

Some observations:

1.Great hands. His offense is limited to being a good catch and finisher. No confidence in his post game.

2.Plays too close up to who he's defending and gets blown by like it ain't no thang. Needs to give some guys a cushion.

3. 2 steals and 2 blocks in 14 minutes!.

I think starting Greg, even in these limited minutes is going to be great for him.
Tyler Gang or Die
AlexCRO
Rookie
And1: 667

Post#304 » by AlexCRO » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Cavs game grade : B-

Played a season high 14 minutes (7 straight to start both halfs) finished in the paint nicely afew times but also missed a few bunnies, only fouled twice and had 2 huge blocks.

Starting to see some progress no?

the progress is real, i was watching some of his highlights vs other teams this season before the cleveland game and he is way better, but with that sad i certainly think he can get better, he still doesnt have his legs under him...
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
Jaxon
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#305 » by Jaxon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 am

twix2500 wrote:I think this is the first time Miami has directly made a move because of Indy. With Bynum taking his stint with Indy seriously, Miami is altering their lineup to combat Bynum as Indy second unit. It appears Miami is preparing their team to counter when Bynum come into the game, to expose his lack of quickness and conditioning by playing high tempo small ball.

Incorrect. Oden was moved into the starting line-up because it became clear it was no longer feasible to continue starting Battier at the 4 and Bosh at the 5, and Oden is the best traditional center on the team. Miami is not concerned with what Indiana does.
LBJ-ITALY
Pro Prospect
And1: 164

Post#306 » by LBJ-ITALY » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 am

I like what I'm seeing from Oden! Keep it going big man and you will be fine... :D
AlexCRO
Rookie
And1: 667

Post#307 » by AlexCRO » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/20229/heat-reaction-grading-heat-cavaliers-2

" Fat bastard " gave Oden a grade C... OMFG... go eat a donut or something you are trippin fatty
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#308 » by Dupas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Get a starter C next year = not even fair for league
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#309 » by heater4life » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm

AlexCRO wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/20229/heat-reaction-grading-heat-cavaliers-2

" Fat bastard " gave Oden a grade C... OMFG... go eat a donut or something you are trippin fatty

Yes, "Oden hurt the cause" according to fatty. Yet he shot 50%, had to 2 blocked shots that lead to fast break points, a steal deflection that lead to another pair of point, and overall had a plus 8 when he was on the floor.

Hes a heat hater wrapped in lard.
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#310 » by TMIMITW » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Oden progression and move to the starting line up has Pat Riley all over it. Once he is consistant and regular expect the bench to be bolstered by ray, beasley birdman, batty, and cole. I predict there will be times that the big three wont even be on the floor once the rhythm gets flowing
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
GetMoney
Analyst
And1: 1,035

Post#311 » by GetMoney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:38 pm

TMIMITW wrote:Oden progression and move to the starting line up has Pat Riley all over it. Once he is consistant and regular expect the bench to be bolstered by ray, beasley birdman, batty, and cole. I predict there will be times that the big three wont even be on the floor once the rhythm gets flowing

i predict the +/- of that lineup to average -10
ImageImage. . . AND STILL
The Infamous1 wrote:It's only so long Weak teams can pretend
MBash721
Senior
And1: 106

Post#312 » by MBash721 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 am

Oden goes up against Portland tomorrow.... that will be interesting for him.... I wonder how the crowd would react to him if the game was in Portland
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,369

Post#313 » by BaffLer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:16 am

MBash721 wrote:Oden goes up against Portland tomorrow.... that will be interesting for him.... I wonder how the crowd would react to him if the game was in Portland

I'm fairly certain Oden would receive a warm reception from Portland. I'm sure deep down Oden would have loved to give more to the Trailblazers' organization but due to his injuries it stopped that from happening. Oden was the 1st pick for them and he seems like a really nice guy and is definitely hard worker. A LOT of people who aren't Heat fans still root for Oden to get healthy and when he is on the court putting in work it puts a smile on everyone's face because of how far he's come.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#314 » by RJM » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Agreed. Oden didn't leave. They cut him. Let's make sure that's clear and on the record. I wish they had never drafted him. Their luck with big men has been atrocious. Walton, Bowie, Sabonis, and then Oden. Ridiculous.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#315 » by Bourne85 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:20 pm

I personally see oden more on a negative than a positive. Our offense looks like ass with him on the floor, and his defense is suspect, fouls too much. I don't think he is the answer to our C problem.

This team needs a quick versatile center, maybe okafer or someone like David lee even though he is more of a PF. The best fit would be Sanders from the bucks. This team just isn't built to have a slow 7 footer clogging up the paint. Sorry to sound negative but he just doesn't fit the "system" here.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#316 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Bourne85 wrote:I personally see oden more on a negative than a positive. Our offense looks like ass with him on the floor, and his defense is suspect, fouls too much. I don't think he is the answer to our C problem.

This team needs a quick versatile center, maybe okafer or someone like David lee even though he is more of a PF. The best fit would be Sanders from the bucks. This team just isn't built to have a slow 7 footer clogging up the paint. Sorry to sound negative but he just doesn't fit the "system" here.

Okafor is not a quick center and he is coming off of a neck surgery he will also be worth a lot based on name alone

david lee is a sieve on defense terrible at helping which our "system" requires if he was our center roy hibbert would become wilt chamberlain.

By the way when we play Indiana, we will drop our bigs back on the pick and roll like I saw during the previous indy games this year.

oden might not be the best thing since sliced bread but he is a better option than what the market is for back up biugs. Im grateful we have have him and I am hoping he can help us not just now but down the road
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#317 » by heatlespeatles » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Should have picked up slow ass Hamed Haddadi like I said, better than nothing.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#318 » by KingDavid » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Bourne85 wrote:I personally see oden more on a negative than a positive. Our offense looks like ass with him on the floor, and his defense is suspect, fouls too much. I don't think he is the answer to our C problem.

the stats dont agree with you. Oden defensively is a nightmare for teams because they cant go inside. Yes, id expect someone who, before a couple months ago, hasnt played in a professional game in four years to be rusty and a bit foul prone. That will smooth out with time as it has been thus far. Hes not a center that can hang with fast athletic centers, yet he does great against big traditional ones. Hes still not in nba shape as you can see by the rate he gets winded. Youre judging him negatively way too soon and you seem a bit biased as well since you didnt mention any positives about Oden. What kills us are points in the paint and rebounds. When hes in the game he boxes out and gets boards and puts his teammates in position to get boards. He also deters players from driving inside and gets a good amount of blocks. Hes not someone you can float off of eother because he has great hands and can finish. He is not in game shape yet but his potential supercedes everyone we've had at the 5 since shaq and zo.

Youre blaming the wrong player/person for our shortcomings

Sent from my GT-P7510 using RealGM Forums mobile app
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#319 » by PaulieWal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 pm

That's not even remotely close to being true. Yes, he throws the offense off a little but he has been pretty good overall. Except for the last 2-3 games he has played where he hasn't been that great he has been good overall. Tom Haberstroh said that Miami's two big lineups with Bosh & Bird/Oden have been killer and have done really well on the season with their +/-. People were expecting too much from Oden but he is going to be a positive for us. Yes, he isn't going to be playing 30 minutes a game and he still makes a lot of mistakes but guess what? There is no way with him playing even 15 minutes a game Hibbert is going to go off for 22/12 like he did last year. Hibbert feasts on an undersized Bosh and West on Battier. Those 15 minutes that Oden is on Hibbert and Bosh on West subsequently are going to be huge.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#320 » by Bourne85 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Well I hope you guys are right, I am pulling for the guy. I just don't think he fits our team, but it is, what it is.

Return to Miami Heat