ImageImageImage

This team aint wining ****. Panic thread or just being real

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,442

This team aint wining ****. Panic thread or just being real 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:34 am

I know I'll get a lot of "panic thread" responses and some hate, but whatever. Im willing to do a sig bet. Prove me wrong. If you have an actual response with substance beside "we won before" and "you're panicking lol lol" I'd love to hear it, talk me off the edge.

Im writing this before the Nets games ended, so it's deeper then this one embarrassment (if we lost).

Actual reasons I don't see us wining this year :

1)Battier and Allen - 2 important rotation players ARE SUCKING BAD. I don't see any reason they'll magically start playing well against better teams after sucking for most of the regular season. We didn't do anything to get any younger bench guys to be even slightly ready to come in and contribute anything.

2) Rebounding - just pathetic rebounding, even worse then before. And we're not playing Oden now, so no reason to expect him to be magically ready in the playoffs. In the playoffs rebounding becomes even more important and it's laughable to be worst in the NBA and probably by a huge gap.

3) Coaching - No confidence in Spo helping. He's overplaying players that are sucking and doesn't know how to maximize what he has. Cole and Douglas are one example. He's done nothing with Beasley all year long. Amount of real development during the year - ZERO. We're playing **** up lineups all year long.

4) Competition - Other teams got better, we definitely didn't. We lost Miller and Our coach was unable to gain anything from our two addition that had some potential - Beasley and Oden.

Edit : 5) We won't have home court advantage when we'll need it. We'll need to win against HCA in both the ECF AND in the NBA finals. And we needed that home court last year.

So yea, This team aint wining anything. we got older and didn't do anything to get better, didn't solve ANY of our well known weaknesses.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
TRG
Head Coach
And1: 866

Re: This team aint wining ****. Panic thread or just being r 

Post#2 » by TRG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am

Last time I checked we still have LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

I like our chances... It's gonna be rough but I wouldn't bet against this team.

We're in the middle of a rough patch and yet we're still only 1 game behind in the L column behind Indiana and a top 4 team in the league record wise.
LBJ-ITALY
Pro Prospect
And1: 164

Post#3 » by LBJ-ITALY » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am

I'm seeing a new and old team like Brooklyn with a new and young coach playing as a team and playing a good basketball after 4months while we after 4 years getting worse and worse and the only thing that we know is isolation and isolation! We have no bench, our supporting cast(Ray, Battier ) are old and useless, our PG's are the worst in the league, we can't rebound, we have no offensive game and the worst thing is that Lebron seems lost and in declin!
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#4 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 am

We have the best player in the world. We have as good a chance as any to win the title.

Sorry, but this is a panic thread.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#5 » by shanedude » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:45 am

Pretty much my faith is in the big3 to bring us the chip. We ride or die by their play, everything else is ancillary.
Tyler Gang or Die
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#6 » by Amorphous Blob » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:45 am

lol come on son.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#7 » by SweetTouch » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:47 am

You just convinced me

Heatles ain't winning it this year

Book it!

Put your life savings on it Youngstas!!
Stop being so disrespectful.
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#8 » by WinisKing » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 am

This Miami Heat team is the only group I've seen that tries to rebound with their eyes
TRG
Head Coach

Post#9 » by TRG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am

Just take a deep breath guys. A little more than a week ago we were all over LeBron's nuts for dropping 61 on the Bobcats and now all the sudden people want to abandon ship after a rough stretch... I mean damn haven't you guys learned by now? :lol:
King_John
Starter
And1: 283

Post#10 » by King_John » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am

you have a lot of valid points. Basically all of them are true. But you should never ever count out the heart of a champion. I think the team can overcome some of the issues and the playoffs will be a battle. Let s just not overreact on Regular season right now it is obvious the team is in a kind of a slump including LeBron. Cards are redealt in the playoffs anything can happen. Let s not say things like we are not winning prematurley off of 4 or 5 bad games in February and March. Focus will be there for the Playoffs trust me and I can guarantee you that we will send those **** as in Chicago and Brooklyn home in 5 games max... :lol:
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Post#11 » by CablexDeadpool » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 am

The Heat have the talent to win. The key to winning it all is in how well Bosh and Beasley plays.

Mike Miller barely played.

The key to winning those last two championships was LBJ overcoming zone defenses and learning how to score without driving to the basket.

Now its gonna be Spo using personnel and can the Heat win without Lebron being Superman.

Because Vets are overrated, having a bunch of old guys is worthless if they can't play good and the Heat got 6 of them.
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
Ratchet_Rio
Banned User
And1: 417

Post#12 » by Ratchet_Rio » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:51 am

7 posts in and nobody has anything of substance to dispute the Original post
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,714

Post#13 » by Umbooki » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 am

That was a really silly loss, but one loss doesn't suddenly turn the team into a bunch of scrubs. Miami is still a contender and I have faith in LeBron, Wade, Bosh and company being able to figure things out over the course of a playoff series.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,613

Post#14 » by kyphi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 am

panicked thread, smells like cartoon planet
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#15 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 am

MisterHibachi wrote:We have the best player in the world. .

That's the only real meaningful response so far. But I believe history has shown that having the best player isn't' enough, you need the right team around him. We currently don't have the big men to defend and rebound around him and we also don't have the reliable shooters around him.
King_John
Starter

Post#16 » by King_John » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:57 am

well to give the OP some support...he did list very valid points...we did not fix our weaknesses and our roster got older while players like battier and allen continue to decline...and obviously those circumstances can backfire and lead to an playoff exit...

Am I saying we have no chance of winning the chip? Of course not we have LBJ...that alone is reason enough to believe...but still I can understand the OP s arguments...as for him saying we can t win it may be because of the HEAT of the moment :lol:
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#17 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:

That's the only real meaningful response so far. But I believe history has shown that having the best player isn't' enough, you need the right team around him. We currently don't have the big men to defend and rebound around him and we also don't have the reliable shooters around him.

We have shooters. They aren't shooting well right now. But they can get hot at any moment. Yeah, its a risky deal, to bank on 35+ year olds to get hot late in the season, but championships are risky. We won't be guaranteed a championship no matter what roster we have. We could have Shaq or Hakeem and it won't be a done deal until its a done deal.

Don't write this team off in March, man. It's still the regular season. Yeah, there are problems, but there have been problems in each of the past 2 seasons and those ended pretty well. I'm not saying this year will end the same, but I'm also not saying that it won't. And that's all that matters right now. We have a chance to win the ring and that's all that matters in March.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
TRG
Head Coach

Post#18 » by TRG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:We currently don't have the big men to defend and rebound around him

When have we ever?

RexBoyWonder wrote:and we also don't have the reliable shooters around him.

This is just blatantly false and you're being misguided by the team's recent slump.

Ray, Chalmers, and Cole are all shooting at least 37% from 3 this season. Chris Bosh is shooting 38%. Nothing ground breaking but serviceable enough.
King_John
Starter

Post#19 » by King_John » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

We have shooters. They aren't shooting well right now. But they can get hot at any moment. Yeah, its a risky deal, to bank on 35+ year olds to get hot late in the season, but championships are risky. We won't be guaranteed a championship no matter what roster we have. We could have Shaq or Hakeem and it won't be a done deal until its a done deal.

Don't write this team off in March, man. It's still the regular season. Yeah, there are problems, but there have been problems in each of the past 2 seasons and those ended pretty well. I'm not saying this year will end the same, but I'm also not saying that it won't. And that's all that matters right now. We have a chance to win the ring and that's all that matters in March.

This.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#20 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:06 am

TRG wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:We currently don't have the big men to defend and rebound around him

When have we ever?

RexBoyWonder wrote:and we also don't have the reliable shooters around him.

This is just blatantly false and you're being misguided by the team's recent slump.

Ray, Chalmers, and Cole are all shooting at least 37% from 3 this season. Chris Bosh is shooting 38%. Nothing ground breaking but serviceable enough.

Ray and Cole are at 36%, and Cole has been so bad I wouldn't even mention his name. Ray is so bad on defense that shooting 36% hardly makes him a good role player.

We have big balls Rio and Improving Bosh, I'll give you that. is that enough? I doubt it.

Return to Miami Heat