ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 10.0

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,341

Re: Around the NBA 10.0 

Post#1621 » by marson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 am

Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
dr3am wrote::lol: @ Kobe calling Dwight "soft"...Dayum them fighting words right there

He's right though.

How is Dwight soft?

Physically NO
Mentally Hell Yes
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#1622 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
dr3am wrote::lol: @ Kobe calling Dwight "soft"...Dayum them fighting words right there

He's right though.

How is Dwight soft?

Mostly due to not dominating games offensively more often with his natural abilities.

#HeatLifer
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#1623 » by dolphinatik » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Kobe called DHoward soft, and Gasol soft, both were pivotal in their teams wins while the Lakers looks like a lottery team. Kobe never has done it by himself and likes to forget teammates contributions. There was always another star. I like Kobe but he is a chucker. Ran Shaq and the coach out of town. Diva. So Howard is soft now for not getting himself thrown out of the game?
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#1624 » by Slot Machine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
He's right though.

How is Dwight soft?

Mostly due to not dominating games offensively more often with his natural abilities.

Don't see how that makes him soft. He's not great on offense now (he used to be) but it's primarily due to a decline in athleticism and skills. He still plays an extremely physical game on both sides of the ball.

Dwight has a really bad rep for no real reason, other than the media refusing to blame Kobe for the Lakers imploding in 2013. Dwight came back really early from an injury that was supposed to keep him out for awhile and still got criticized for his play. The media has been extremely unfair to him since his debacle of an exit from Orlando.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#1625 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:How is Dwight soft?

Don't see how that makes him soft. He's not great on offense now (he used to be) but it's primarily due to a decline in athleticism and skills. He still plays an extremely physical game on both sides of the ball.

Dwight has a really bad rep for no real reason, other than the media refusing to blame Kobe for the Lakers imploding in 2013. Dwight came back really early from an injury that was supposed to keep him out for awhile and still got criticized for his play. The media has been extremely unfair to him since his debacle of an exit from Orlando.

There is neither a decline in athleticism, nor skills, especially not at his age. Even so, he simply does not have the mentality to just take over games the way he should. We all saw how he easily dominated against us in preseason. A guy with his abilities should easily be the most dominant center in the game. That's what I call soft.

#HeatLifer
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#1626 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

There is neither a decline in athleticism, nor skills, especially not at his age. Even so, he simply does not have the mentality to just take over games the way he should. We all saw how he easily dominated against us in preseason. A guy with his abilities should easily be the most dominant center in the game. That's what I call soft.

This makes zero sense. He's just not as good as you make him out to be. If he had all the abilities you imagine him having, he would simply play better.

It has nothing to do with being soft and everything to do with talent level and general ability as a BB player.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#1627 » by Slot Machine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

Dude, cmon you're seriously saying there's no decline in athleticism from his Orlando days to his Laker days and even now? That back injury sapped a lot from him. His post game relied on his athleticism and when that declined due to his injury, his skills suffered. Just check his post scoring numbers from Orlando to LA to Houston and you can see that.

Dwight IS the most dominant center in the league. It's a complete joke that Noah was placed over him last year and a completely media driven narrative. Dwight put up 26-14 with 3 blocks on 55% FG last postseason. That's ridiculously dominant. His supporting cast, namely Harden, failed him.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,141

Post#1628 » by PaulieWal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Lol I don't even like Dwight but it's funny to see some of the comments people have about him. Yeah, he's a goofball but he's also the best center in the league who plays both ends of the floor.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#1629 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Slot Machine wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:Don't see how that makes him soft. He's not great on offense now (he used to be) but it's primarily due to a decline in athleticism and skills. He still plays an extremely physical game on both sides of the ball.

Dude, cmon you're seriously saying there's no decline in athleticism from his Orlando days to his Laker days and even now? That back injury sapped a lot from him. His post game relied on his athleticism and when that declined due to his injury, his skills suffered. Just check his post scoring numbers from Orlando to LA to Houston and you can see that.

Dwight IS the most dominant center in the league. It's a complete joke that Noah was placed over him last year and a completely media driven narrative. Dwight put up 26-14 with 3 blocks on 55% FG last postseason. That's ridiculously dominant. His supporting cast, namely Harden, failed him.

The fact that his post scoring numbers have gone down could also be attributed to playing with a dominant wing and not having the ridiculous spacing he had in his Orlando days, thus letting him be less efficient. The things I saw him do against us just a few days ago in preseason didn't look like a physical decline. He was pushing players around, bursting past them, dunking the ball and being the dominant, physical presence he should be in every game.

That's just it though, it should not even be a debate. Dwight's physical abilities are so much superior to those of others and his skills at this point are good enough that there shouldn't even be a debate, yet there constantly is one. And please don't tell me that raw statistics mean everything to you. I hate Noah, but we all know his impact goes far beyond the normal numbers.

All of this still doesn't prove that he isn't soft. If he is so mentally tough, why didn't he stick around in LA and try to make it work for another season? Pau was constantly the scapegoat down there until they won titles and he delivered. Bosh was constantly the scapegoat down here, the guy who was ridiculed, but he won titles and pulled through. Dwight forced his way out of Orlando because of drama with SVG, he was traded to LA, had some road bumps there and left for Houston. That's soft.

Dwight had all the tools to be a 25+ scorer of the years, but he never did it.

Look at the things he does here:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpevt7MlAnY[/youtube]

If he wants to be, if he puts his mind into it, this guy can be a monster. Robin Lopez is a solid defender at the 5 and he just toys with him. But why doesn't it happen more often? Exactly, because he's mentally soft.

#HeatLifer
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#1630 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:09 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:Don't see how that makes him soft. He's not great on offense now (he used to be) but it's primarily due to a decline in athleticism and skills. He still plays an extremely physical game on both sides of the ball.

This makes zero sense. He's just not as good as you make him out to be. If he had all the abilities you imagine him having, he would simply play better.

It has nothing to do with being soft and everything to do with talent level and general ability as a BB player.

You're implying every player plays to the best of his abilities and that's just wrong. There are plenty of guys in this league who don't play up to their abilities because they're either soft, lazy or flat out stupid.

#HeatLifer
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#1631 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 pm

PaulieWal wrote:Lol I don't even like Dwight but it's funny to see some of the comments people have about him. Yeah, he's a goofball but he's also the best center in the league who plays both ends of the floor.

And where did I say he doesn't? I just said he was soft because he could play better than he currently does and to a degree where you couldn't even debate that anybody else is the best center in the league. That's how great his physical abilities alone are.

#HeatLifer
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1632 » by goodboy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes, pretty common sense that Dwight would have played/performed a lot more efficiently to his capabilities if it weren't for his back injuries.

He's still dominant but could have been more.
Bright
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#1633 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 pm

What made Dwight at his prime a force was his athleticism and agility.

He was never about skill or size.

He also enjoyed playing in time the Center position was weak.

That's why even marginal decline in his athleticism really hurts his overall game. That's his only base.

============

Call me crazy, but considering factors like age, health and fit - i would add (to this Heat) DeAndre Jordan over Dwight, Gasol or any other Center. I like my Center a blue collar worker, don't care about his back to the basket game..just play hard, rebound like crazy, defend the paint like an octopus and dunk when you get an assist.

There's nothing i want more then that type of Center next to Bosh, in our defensive system, with Zo and Riley teaching him to anchor a defense. Would be beastly.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#1634 » by Dupas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Lebeta goes back to shack toss..lol 3 months in ohio and he regresses mentally.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#1635 » by insfo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:12 pm

On Kobe calling Dwight soft .. is that because Dwight's elbow didn't knock him out? That whole back-and-forth sequence was because the refs were going to replays to check if the had to throw Dwight out. Seriously, that is the most ill timed comment .. if anyone is soft, it was the refs for trying to protect Kobe :lol:
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,874

Post#1636 » by insfo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Dupas wrote:Lebeta goes back to shack toss..lol 3 months in ohio and he regresses mentally.

Going back to being KG's bitch I see ..
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#1637 » by dr3am » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Dupas wrote:Lebeta goes back to shack toss..lol 3 months in ohio and he regresses mentally.

No surprise...The fact that either Cleveland or Chicago is going to represent the East in the Finals next year makes me puke
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#1638 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:45 pm

dr3am wrote:

No surprise...The fact that either Cleveland or Chicago is going to represent the East in the Finals next year makes me puke

Is going to? What about us?

#HeatLifer
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#1639 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 pm

+Over/Under- 10 Minutes

The time it's going to take for Barkley to finish Lebron off during the Pre-game show?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#1640 » by Amorphous Blob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 pm

digg211 wrote:+Over/Under- 10 Minutes

The time it's going to take for Barkley to finish Lebron off during the Pre-game show?

Over its going to be an all night thing Barkley is a clown.

Return to Miami Heat