ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 10.0

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Re: Around the NBA 10.0 

Post#1101 » by contract » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
contract wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Cleveland can offer the best deal, but it guts their roster. That would be the best case scenario as I'm not sold on Love.

It may gut their future roster, but not their current roster. I don't think much can be expected from Wiggins & Bennett for the next year or two.

Bennett is a huge bust. He will be one of the worst #1 picks ever. If he was good Cleveland would not be OK sending him and Wiggins away for Love.

I don't agree with that. Love is a star player. Wiggins and Bennett could both turn out to be good players, and it could still be a good trade for the Cavs.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#1102 » by heatlespeatles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Bulls are just faking the funk, Taj aint that good, he won't be that good in Minny either and Minny has no franchise player to build around with that deal. With Wiggins they got a young franchise to hype up
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1103 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:39 pm

heatlespeatles wrote:Bulls are just faking the funk, Taj aint that good, he won't be that good in Minny either and Minny has no franchise player to build around with that deal. With Wiggins they got a young franchise to hype up

But that is all it will be is hype. I guess it something to sell your fans on though. And if he is any good he will demand out like every other guy.

I bet you said Deng wasn't any good, but now you are glad to have him...
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1104 » by DefenseWins » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Bulls are being used as leverage IMO. Or they can be involved if this turns into a 3 team trade, I don't know if Bulls want people like Martin, Barea or Dieng though, maybe Martin

Cavs still have a crappy offer. I know it's Wiggins but the hype is ridiculous. I want Minny to gut the Cavs roster lol
heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#1105 » by heatlespeatles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:Bulls are just faking the funk, Taj aint that good, he won't be that good in Minny either and Minny has no franchise player to build around with that deal. With Wiggins they got a young franchise to hype up

But that is all it will be is hype. I guess it something to sell your fans on though. And if he is any good he will demand out like every other guy.

but thats what they need, HYPE - they need a player that will bring fans in and excite them

There no package the Bulls can offer that would do that

Deng is good, I've always felt that way but deng to Minny also wouldn't be as good of a deal as Wiggins, based mainly on marketability.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1106 » by PaulieWal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:16 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

The thing is if Wiggins is any good you have him for AT LEAST 7 years. If they ever get their act together in Minny 7 years is a lot of time to build the right team around Wiggins to try and keep him.

Also, I have a question about Mirotic. From what I read, didn't Mirotic say he wouldn't come to the NBA if the Bulls traded his rights? Would the Bulls really trade him for Love? In a vacuum you do but I am assuming him and his agent got verbal guarantees from the Bulls that he won't be traded.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1107 » by DefenseWins » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Bulls fans been talking about Mirotic for like 4 years it feels

It is rather strange they would now trade him already. Something don't add up. Then again if you had a chance to get kevin love, they would go all in I guess
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1108 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 am

PaulieWal wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

The thing is if Wiggins is any good you have him for AT LEAST 7 years. If they ever get their act together in Minny 7 years is a lot of time to build the right team around Wiggins to try and keep him.

Also, I have a question about Mirotic. From what I read, didn't Mirotic say he wouldn't come to the NBA if the Bulls traded his rights? Would the Bulls really trade him for Love? In a vacuum you do but I am assuming him and his agent got verbal guarantees from the Bulls that he won't be traded.

I'm still reading that Mirotic is not being traded so I'm not sure what the other assets are.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#1109 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 am

contract wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
contract wrote:It may gut their future roster, but not their current roster. I don't think much can be expected from Wiggins & Bennett for the next year or two.

Bennett is a huge bust. He will be one of the worst #1 picks ever. If he was good Cleveland would not be OK sending him and Wiggins away for Love.

I don't agree with that. Love is a star player. Wiggins and Bennett could both turn out to be good players, and it could still be a good trade for the Cavs.

You just mention the word that links with potential, which is nothing Flip Saunders is interested in. "Potential gets you fired". He wants players that can play NOW, he needs to turn the Wolves around ASAP or he's out the door.
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach
And1: 3,427

Post#1110 » by xMADEinDADEx » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:13 am

DefenseWins wrote:Bulls are being used as leverage IMO. Or they can be involved if this turns into a 3 team trade, I don't know if Bulls want people like Martin, Barea or Dieng though, maybe Martin

Cavs still have a crappy offer. I know it's Wiggins but the hype is ridiculous. I want Minny to gut the Cavs roster lol

Tbh I wouldn't mind k-mart playing for us off the bench..
Formerly known as G-Menn..
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#1111 » by shanedude » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 am

Keep in mind Kevin Love is the dude who breaks his hand doing knuckle push ups.
Tyler Gang or Die
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#1112 » by LikeABosh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:57 am

DefenseWins wrote:Bulls fans been talking about Mirotic for like 4 years it feels

It is rather strange they would now trade him already. Something don't add up. Then again if you had a chance to get kevin love, they would go all in I guess

Yeah I've been doing some research and it looks like Mirotic wanted a long term commitment from the bulls before working out a buyout in Europe. Minny has no reason to believe Mirotic will even play in the NBA if it means Chicago is just gonna screw him over
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#1113 » by LikeABosh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 am

xMADEinDADEx wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:Bulls are being used as leverage IMO. Or they can be involved if this turns into a 3 team trade, I don't know if Bulls want people like Martin, Barea or Dieng though, maybe Martin

I don't think we have anyway to absorb his contract (if you were implying a trade)
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1114 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 am

xMADEinDADEx wrote:

We have nothing to give up... dude is 6-7mil a year.
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach
And1: 3,427

Post#1115 » by xMADEinDADEx » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:36 am

LikeABosh wrote:
xMADEinDADEx wrote:

I don't think we have anyway to absorb his contract (if you were implying a trade)

Of course we don't, I'm just saying that I wouldn't blame any team going for k-mart.
Formerly known as G-Menn..
LikeABosh
RealGM

Post#1116 » by LikeABosh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 am

So the scoop on the Bulls forum is that Chicago is getting involved as the 3rd team in the Love deal. Cleveland doesn't wanna pull the trigger on the deal that's in place because apparently it makes Chicago better
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#1117 » by MuggsyBogues » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 am

LikeABosh wrote:So the scoop on the Bulls forum is that Chicago is getting involved as the 3rd team in the Love deal. Cleveland doesn't wanna pull the trigger on the deal that's in place because apparently it makes Chicago better

Now Chicago could definitely use Kevin Martin.
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#1118 » by MuggsyBogues » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

DefenseWins wrote:
xMADEinDADEx wrote:

In theory, a trade of Cole, Napier, Hamilton and Ennis for Kevin Martin would work (can't be done until mid August). But would the Heat want to give up a recent 1st and 2016 cap flexibility? I don't know, probably not. Kevin Martin would be major boost, but it cuts into 2016 plans.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1119 » by HIF » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am

MuggsyBogues wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:
xMADEinDADEx wrote:

In theory, a trade of Cole, Napier, Hamilton and Ennis for Kevin Martin would work (can't be done until mid August). But would the Heat want to give up a recent 1st and 2016 cap flexibility? I don't know, probably not. Kevin Martin would be major boost, but it cuts into 2016 plans.

What a terrible, terrible trade.

4 young potentially good guys for an old oft injured journeyman.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1120 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

RJM wrote:
Why, because I'm actually not butthurt and bitter at LeBron leaving? Because I choose to wish him the best like an adult? Miami's not going to seriously contend for a title any time soon with what they have, so it's not like I'm committing blasphemy by hoping a team actually in position to become even more of a serious contender than they already are now gets better. I'll leave when I'm banned (with cause). You don't have to like my take. I honestly could care less.

Nah man, I feel you. I was just playing. I'm not holding any grudges, I want James to succeed as much as you, mainly because all the sh*t he had to put up with being disrespected by fans, refs, the press and basically everyone. Further more, I want to watch as good a basketball as possible, that's also the reason I want KD to get even better and give LJ a run for his money for the spot of the best player in the league. When all is said and done and I'm talking to my grandchildren about the best basketball players in the world, I don't want to talk about Jordans, Birds or Johnsons. I want to talk about LeBrons and Durants.

That being said, as long as there is a chance, no matter how slim, that my team is getting to the finals, no way in hell I'm rooting for another team to win or even get better via trading. No sir. Heat all the way.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.

Return to Miami Heat