ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XV

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Re: Random Thoughts XV 

Post#841 » by WD » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Flash3 wrote:UPart 2 was awesome. Watched it last night

I recorded 1 and 2 on the same DVD - if you want a copy
#HEATLifer
WD
RealGM

Random Thoughts XV 

Post#842 » by WD » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:29 pm

This McRob news suddenly is pissing me off more......I need 2 cheap beers and I don't drink
#HEATLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#843 » by DefenseWins » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 am

Marlins trying to get back to the playoffs

Hm... lets just hope this doesn't end in another fire sale. I'll never forget things looking so well when we got the stadium, got Jose Reyes and all that jazz. Then it was an epic fail.

They just got the Giants first baseman, thats pretty impressive. Then they basically got another Juan Pierre in that dude they got from the Dodgers.
Kockar
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#844 » by Kockar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 pm

https://www.facebook.com/MHeatBalkan.

Can you please help Miami Heat community in Balkan?
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#845 » by heat4life » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 pm

DefenseWins wrote:Marlins trying to get back to the playoffs

Hm... lets just hope this doesn't end in another fire sale. I'll never forget things looking so well when we got the stadium, got Jose Reyes and all that jazz. Then it was an epic fail.

They just got the Giants first baseman, thats pretty impressive. Then they basically got another Juan Pierre in that dude they got from the Dodgers.

Well, to their defense, this time it doesn't look like a big money gamble just for the sake of saying we paid players. There is actually a nice core of young players and this time they are filling holes with more good/solid players at reasonable contracts. I like that they added some speed at second base and a first baseman that can relieve some of the pressure off Stanton at the cleanup spot. We have capable hitter from top to the bottom of the lineup now and the pitching staff - barring unpredictable slumps - is young and strong. I would still add another starting pitcher, some more arms in the bullpen and a veteran bat on the bench before is all said and done.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#846 » by RJM » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:53 pm

http://fusion.net/story/34573/what-the- ... 11e836f2e5

The U.S. will restore full diplomatic relations with Cuba and open an embassy in Havana (no date has been set). Diplomatic relations broke in 1961, but since 1977 the U.S. has maintained an “interests section” on the island housed in the Swiss embassy.

The deal was struck after a year and a half of secret talks between high-level U.S. and Cuban officials. The negotiations were held mostly in Canada, but the deal was finalized during a meeting at the Vatican this fall.
Pope Francis wrote letters to President Obama and Cuban President Raúl Castro urging them to mend relations between their two nations. The Vatican was the only other government to directly participate in the discussions between Cuba and the U.S.

Obama spoke to Raúl Castro by phone for 45 minutes to an hour on Tuesday to finalize the agreement, according to senior administration officials. It’s believed to be the first direct conversation between U.S. and Cuban heads of state since the revolution.

Fidel Castro, Raúl’s brother and the historic leader of the Cuban revolution, was not involved in the discussions, administration officials said.

Gross wasn’t part of this morning’s prisoner swap, U.S. officials say. The ailing former contractor was released from Cuba on “humanitarian grounds,” while the real prisoner swap was in for another unidentified American “intelligence asset,” who was traded for the three Cuban intelligence officers who were also released this morning. All five members of the Cuban Five have been released by the U.S.

The “intelligence asset” played a key role in providing information that led to the initial arrest of the Cuban Five, an administration official said.

Cuba has also agreed to release 53 prisoners, identified by U.S. officials as political prisoners.
The White House has directed Secretary of State John Kerry to review Cuba’s designation as a state sponsor of terror. Cuba has been on the terror list since 1982.

The Obama administration is taking steps to ease restrictions on travel, trade, and remittances with Cuba. Congressional approval is needed to lift the Cuban embargo.

It will be easier for Americans to apply to travel to Cuba under 12 existing permitted categories: visiting family, official government business, journalism, professional research, education, religious purposes, public performances, support for the Cuban people, humanitarian projects, private foundation work, and export activity. General tourism will not be permitted.

The government will lift some restrictions on U.S. banks working with their Cuban counterparts. American credit and debit cards will work in Cuba.

The amount of remittances allowed to Cubans will be raised to $2,000 per quarter, up from $500 under current levels.

Yes, you can now bring Cuban cigars back to the U.S. Americans can bring back $400 in general goods from Cuba, including $100 and alcohol and tobacco products. The goods can be for personal consumption only, and cannot be brought back to the U.S. for sale.

The Obama administration will loosen regulations on the export of telecommunications equipment to Cuba in an effort to boost Internet connectivity on the island.

Congress is deeply divided over the administration’s changes. A bipartisan delegation traveled to Cuba and is flying back to the U.S. with Gross: Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.)

Cuban-American lawmakers in both parties are furious over the Obama administration’s actions. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.)said the president “vindicated the brutal behavior of the Cuban government” and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) called the announcement “absurd” during an interview with Fox News.
WD
RealGM

Post#847 » by WD » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:02 am

Shane Battier bringing Battioke talents back to South Beach

At times like these, the Miami Heat could use Shane Battier's defense and 3-point shooting. Locked into retirement, he instead again is volunteering his voice for a good cause.
#HEATLifer
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,544

Post#848 » by Shewasfly » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:17 pm

I will never understand hoping for your team to be one of the worst in the league as opposed to it getting better as soon as possible.
:tiredJB:
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#849 » by HEAT111 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:46 pm

WD wrote:Shane Battier bringing Battioke talents back to South Beach

At times like these, the Miami Heat could use Shane Battier's defense and 3-point shooting. Locked into retirement, he instead again is volunteering his voice for a good cause.

Can't wait to see some footage.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#850 » by DefenseWins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:26 am

Marlins add Martin Prado, a versatile dude and great hitter at 3B, and could play other positions in case

Dayum Marlins really look balanced

I really hope they do well man, so many people getting their expectations up again. I'll keep an eye on them, they actually do look exciting. The constant firesales and disappointments the last 11 years really just... killed my joy for baseball. But Stanton is a dude I can get behind, and its good to know he will be a Marlin for a long time and wont be traded lol. Was so hesitant to even buy a jersey cause I wasnt sure he'd stay, but heck he's here for awhile. Heard he could still opt out but.. ehh atleast he's still a Marlin longer than most
Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,279

Post#851 » by Lord Hades » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Kentucky beating UCLA at the half 41-7. I've never seen anything like this, at least not against someone who wasn't some woefully overmatched school from Podunk. It's video game like.

Bruins 3-37 shooting. Jesus.
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#852 » by Tony15 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Dolphins....my unwavering fandom of this team is going to go another year not well founded.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#853 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:45 am

Ron Rothstein as a commentator/anaylist is pretty terrible.
RJM
General Manager

Post#854 » by RJM » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 am

BlackBerry, finally back from the dead in a major way, has released the BlackBerry Classic.

It's already sold out in North America, and the stock is starting to rise again.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#855 » by Altered_Beast » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:42 pm

RJM wrote:BlackBerry, finally back from the dead in a major way, has released the BlackBerry Classic.

It's already sold out in North America, and the stock is starting to rise again.

looks nice

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
RJM
General Manager

Post#856 » by RJM » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Altered_Beast wrote:
RJM wrote:BlackBerry, finally back from the dead in a major way, has released the BlackBerry Classic.

looks nice

So does the BlackBerry Passport, though the Passport is unorthodox (it's the same size as an actual passport).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHc3TY5n8sI[/youtube]

I want to test out the Passport but AT&T doesn't have it in-store yet.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,612

Post#857 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:42 pm

I was randomly going through some college stats and focused on offensive and defensive rating. I thought it was pretty interesting that Anthony Davis led the nation in both in his single season at Kentucky.

Also, Jimmy Butler lead the nation in 2009 in offensive rating.

Willie Cauley-Stein is currently leading the nation in defensive rating at 64.97, which would easily be the lowest of the past five years. His teammate, Karl Towns, is actually even better but I suppose he isn't averaging enough minutes to qualify. Dakari Johnson is also in the 60s. That UK team is a defensive juggernaut. They are destroying major college programs, along with everyone else.
jona187
Sixth Man
And1: 55

Post#858 » by jona187 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Pick up Josh Smith!!!!
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#859 » by HEAT111 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 pm

This is going to be a little tough to get used to lol. I'm actually enjoying the new look.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#860 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Why is the top 25% of my screen cluttered with bull ****

Return to Miami Heat