ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XV

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Re: Random Thoughts XV 

Post#1021 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
Altered_Beast wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:Yeah he is a beast, super entertaining. Though I just don't him scratching the surface with Aldo, Aldo's leg kicks are god-like and his all-around game is just superb.

Even if Mcgregor loses.. I'm sure he'll be better fighter later on by it.

His inexperience will be the outcome of the fight imo, he should have fought more high-caliber fighters before fighting Aldo. Also you don't piss off a top-tier Brazilian fighter :P

yeah i agree with you about aldos skill level compared to mcgregor. i just want to see an entertaining fight and i like both fighters alot. id just like to see mcgregor win, hes entertaining as hell its good for the ufc. i had lost a ton of interest in mma since anderson lost and then got hurt. for some reason watching conor fight brings back some of that hype

Likewise bro, honestly seeing McGregor win would bring back that oomph that UFC needs. Silva is my favourite fighter of all-time and after his injury, I wasn't even up-to date on UFC, besides the Jones fight. Anyways back to my point.. All the p4p's - Jones, Aldo, GSP (who is not active atm) whoever always go for the decision now, Conor can be one of those dudes that goes straight for the kill (which he does) Just like Silva has... Just glad the Spider is back though with his android leg 8-)

:rock: :rock:
cant wait for the 31st the SPIDER will reign supreme once more

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1022 » by heat4life » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Who's ready...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPd67CEL54E[/youtube]

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1023 » by goodboy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

I can't wait for that show... I'm guessing the ending of this series will start off with Walter White coming into the picture.

Also cannot wait for...
Bright
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1024 » by Maroko » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:I can't wait for that show... I'm guessing the ending of this series will start off with Walter White coming into the picture.

Also cannot wait for...

It will be amazing if House of Cards and Homeland could merge just for one season, it will be simply : GOAT tv show :D
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1025 » by goodboy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Maroko wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:I can't wait for that show... I'm guessing the ending of this series will start off with Walter White coming into the picture.

Also cannot wait for...

It will be amazing if House of Cards and Homeland could merge just for one season, it will be simply : GOAT tv show :D

:nod: Huge fan of Homeland too, I thought after
Spoiler:
Brody's death
the show wouldn't be as good, but surprisingly it was great this season.

But yes! Man, Frank Underwood and Carrie on one show lol
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1026 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:21 am

Marlins about to get Ichiro Suzuki 10 years too late

Marlins look like they have a fun, interesting team this year. Many people predicting they'll go far, and they have the best OF in the league apparently, or NL.

Something to look forward to. Lots of 1 year deals tho.... if things go bad, AGAIN, another firesale probably.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1027 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:34 am

DefenseWins wrote:Marlins about to get Ichiro Suzuki 10 years too late

Marlins look like they have a fun, interesting team this year. Many people predicting they'll go far, and they have the best OF in the league apparently, or NL.

Something to look forward to. Lots of 1 year deals tho.... if things go bad, AGAIN, another firesale probably.

Its never too late to get Ichiro :lol: . If we end up signing James shields we should be the favorites in the NL East, either way I feel like we should compete for at least a wildcard spot and I'll take my chances in a 1 game playoff with Jose(if he's returns the same he left).

Also I don't see a fire sale happening this year if it goes bad. I honestly believe Loria will give it a whole year maybe 2 before even considering it.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Random Thoughts XV 

Post#1028 » by WD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:10 am

Hawks/Thunder, just got home from one of the best LIVE games since I moved here. Say what you want about the Hawks fans, they were vocal.

P.s, had over priced jacked up seats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1029 » by RJM » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 am

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Its never too late to get Ichiro :lol: . If we end up signing James shields we should be the favorites in the NL East, either way I feel like we should compete for at least a wildcard spot and I'll take my chances in a 1 game playoff with Jose(if he's returns the same he left).

Also I don't see a fire sale happening this year if it goes bad. I honestly believe Loria will give it a whole year maybe 2 before even considering it.

Yikes. I never thought I'd see that before 2017. I feel like the last time we were good was 2003.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1030 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 pm

RJM wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Yikes. I never thought I'd see that before 2017. I feel like the last time we were good was 2003.

Well there was that 2012 season that we all try to block out.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
RJM
General Manager

Post#1031 » by RJM » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 am

It's alternate universe time!

Michael Beasley is drafted #2 overall by the Miami HEAT. That summer, Beasley experiences a solid Rookie Transition Program and emerges among one of the more popular players in the camp. Miami, equipped with a complete understanding of Beasley’s strengths and weaknesses, put him through an intensive camp focusing primarily on defense. Entering the season with the trust of rookie coach Erik Spoelstra and the rest of the staff, Michael Beasley is named a starter alongside Dwyane Wade, Mario Chalmers, Shawn Marion, and Udonis Haslem, and registers 21 points and 11 rebounds in a 124-113 victory over the New York Knicks.

Strengthened by the opening night performance, Beasley rides the momentum and helps Miami to an impressive 52-30 record, bolstered by a midseason trade in which Shawn Marion is eventually traded to Toronto for center Jermaine O’Neal.
Beasley, after finishing the regular season as a resurgent Dwyane Wade’s protege and running mate, wins Rookie of the Year honors after averaging 17 points and 8 rebounds a game.

The HEAT earn the 4th seed and defeat the Atlanta Hawks 4-2 led by the new HEAT trio of Dwyane Wade, Michael Beasley, and Jermaine O’Neal but are defeated 4-3 by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Nevertheless, Dwyane Wade wins the league’s MVP award. Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers win their first NBA Championship in seven years over LeBron James, defeating the Cavaliers in a hard-fought seven-game series. Pat Riley, emboldened by Miami’s performance the previous season, signs James Jones, Rafer Alston, Carlos Arroyo, Juwan Howard, Rodney Carney, and Yakhouba Diawara to one-year deals with the 2010 free agent sweepstakes in mind.

PG: Mario Chalmers - Rafer Alston - Carlos Arroyo
SG: Dwyane Wade - Daequan Cook - Wesley Matthews
SF: Michael Beasley - Dorell Wright - James Jones
PF: Udonis Haslem - Juwan Howard - Shavlik Randolph
C: Jermaine O’Neal - Joel Anthony - Jamaal Magloire

Miami, building upon the successes of the season before, continue to compete hard in the Eastern Conference; unfortunately, the team is marred by injuries to Jermaine O’Neal throughout the season, but the team still manages to salvage a solid 49-33 record, good for 5th in the Eastern Conference behind Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, and Orlando. LeBron James wins his first regular season MVP award in response to leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to an impressive 67-15 record.

Cleveland manages to acquire Amare Stoudemire at the deadline, essentially guaranteeing that LeBron James remains in Cleveland. Despite the fantastic regular season performance, the Cleveland Cavaliers are upset in seven-games by the Boston Celtics, who go on to the NBA Finals where the Lakers are able to exact revenge for their 2008 loss, defeating Boston in a classic seven-game series rematch of their own. Miami loses a tough seven-game first round series to the Boston Celtics, after which Dwyane Wade vows "never to lose in the first round again."

Michael Beasley improves on last season’s performance, registering 21.3 points and 9.4 rebounds a game as one of the league’s best young small forwards. In the summer of 2010, Pat Riley successfully pulls off an impressive free agency haul, selling players on a core of Dwyane Wade and Michael Beasley to build around. Miami drafts Hassan Whiteside as a young project to develop in the coming seasons, and then allows Jermaine O’Neal to leave in free agency without making a contract offer.

Miami is then able to lure Chris Bosh away from Toronto, securing the most coveted power forward on the market with a maximum deal. With a core of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Michael Beasley established, Miami then re-signs Dorell Wright, Udonis Haslem, Jamaal Maggiore, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, James Jones, and Carlos Arroyo.

With Wade, Bosh, and Beasley in tow, Pat Riley then has a private meeting with disgruntled former center Shaquille O’Neal, and the two mend fences over past disputes—O’Neal then signs with the Miami HEAT and becomes their starting center, undergoing an intensive summer training regimen for one last run at an NBA championship. With O’Neal in Miami and the roster rounding into form as a formidable one, Pat Riley is able to bring in Tracy McGrady as a backup swingman.

PG: Mario Chalmers - Steve Blake - Carlos Arroyo
SG: Dwyane Wade - Tracy McGrady - Wesley Matthews
SF: Michael Beasley - Dorell Wright - James Jones
PF: Chris Bosh - Udonis Haslem - Juwan Howard
C: Shaquille O’Neal - Jamaal Magloire - Hassan Whiteside

Completely retooled, Miami explodes out of the gate and establishes a season-long rivalry with the Cleveland Cavaliers, each of them winning more than 60 games (Miami 64, Cleveland 61) in the regular season. Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Michael Beasley form a potent Big Three in the Eastern Conference, bolstered by the steady resurgence of a healthy Shaquille O’Neal, solid PG in Mario Chalmers, and what would eventually be known as the Miami Mafia in Steve Blake, Tracy McGrady, Dorell Wright, Udonis Haslem, and Jamaal Magloire. T-Mac wins Sixth Man of the Year honors and often finishes games alongside Wade, Beasley, Bosh, and O'Neal.

With Miami atop the Eastern Conference for the first time since 2005, Dwyane Wade would win his second Most Valuable Player award with averages of 27.5 points, 8.2 assists, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.2 steals. Chris Bosh would turn in a solid campaign, averaging 22.1 points and 11.5 rebounds, and Michael Beasley would average 17.4 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 5.1 assists. Shaquille O’Neal would turn in a solid season, averaging 13.7 points and 11.3 rebounds, averaging a double-double for the first time since his first season with the HEAT. Mario Chalmers would average 11.1 points, 5.7 assists, and 2.7 steals a game.

In what would go down as one of the greatest series of all time, the Miami HEAT would defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James in a closely-contested seven-game series, with Wade and James guarding each other down the stretch and exchanging baskets before a key Michael Beasley steal and score widened the gap with under 20 seconds remaining.
Miami would then take on a surging Dallas Mavericks team fresh off an upset 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers; undeterred, Dwyane Wade would turn in another NBA Finals series for the ages, averaging 33.7 points, 8.5 assists, and 7.7 rebounds.

Even with Chris Bosh’s performance pacing the team throughout the six-game series, Michael Beasley would become a superstar in his own right after helping Miami come back from a 12-point deficit in the 4th quarter of Game 6, finishing the game with 29 points and 15 rebounds. Dwyane Wade would win his second NBA Finals MVP.

This is through 2011. LeBron and Dwyane would then exchange titles in the next few years before Wade's would start to break down and Michael Beasley would eventually become a superstar. A man can dream, right?
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#1032 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Lets go seahawks!!!!

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1033 » by IggieCC » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Anyone who strongly opposes to Windows 8?
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
RJM
General Manager

Post#1034 » by RJM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:03 am

IggieCC wrote:Anyone who strongly opposes to Windows 8?

Best Windows OS in a while, though I would move to 8.1 if I were you. Vista and 7 were underwhelming. 10 is supposed to be amazing though, so we'll see.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1035 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am

RJM wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Anyone who strongly opposes to Windows 8?

Best Windows OS in a while, though I would move to 8.1 if I were you. Vista and 7 were underwhelming. 10 is supposed to be amazing though, so we'll see.

Thank you very much! I would love to wait for 10, but my PC is breaking down.. will look into 8.1.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,205

Post#1036 » by Heat3 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:36 am

I can't stand windows 8 interface. imo windows 7 was better but this is what my laptop came with. i use it only for games so I keep the frustration with it to a minimum.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1037 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:47 am

Finished Sons of Anarchy.... What a great SHOW!

I didn't want to believe that a show about bikers would be this good...I was wrong....5 Stars....
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1038 » by IggieCC » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:58 am

Heat3 wrote:I can't stand windows 8 interface. imo windows 7 was better but this is what my laptop came with. i use it only for games so I keep the frustration with it to a minimum.

Yeah, that's what I read about Windows 8 as well. I would like to wait for 10 if I could... it's probably not the best time to buy a PC but my current Windows 7 is not going to last till October or whenever 10 comes out.

I will probably look for a popular yet inexpensive 8.1 to stave off a few years.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1039 » by goodboy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:22 am

Windows 8 is not great, I mean it's okay... but kind of annoying as well. The navigation is horrid.

Id honestly stick with 7 Iggie, wait for the new one and see how it is.
Bright
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#1040 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:29 am

I doubt I will ever see the Dolphins in the Superbowl
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.

Return to Miami Heat