ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XV

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

OtW
Suspended
And1: 1,860

Re: Random Thoughts XV 

Post#421 » by OtW » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Ugh, IDK how to feel.

This has been brewing for a while, but my dad and my mom felt like they both needed "new experiences", since they have been living in Miami for over 50 years. My dad especially. He feels like there wasn't much opportunity for him to advance here and that "everything in this city has been sucking lately". So, he took initiative finally got a promotion within his company. He was one of the three managers at this store he worked at. Now, he is going up to somewhere up in the West Coast area to where a new store is being built. He will be THE head manager there and get a very nice raise. My mom also recently got another opportunity here, but my dad's opportunity was big enough that she was willing to forego what she got and move with him. They also felt like a move was necessary to help their marriage, since things between them were getting kind of bad down here. Their spark is fading, and their hoping a change of necessary and life will help them.

We got into a fight about it last Tuesday, and while things have calmed down between us, I just hate hearing about it. Obviously, I still love Miami, and being 19, I have not experienced all there is to experience. My education is fully paid for down here. FIU''s Business School is great, and the only Business School that really beats it is UF's iirc, and my parents are still going to be far away from there (I my dad is transferring to some area around Tampa). My girl friend goes to college here, I have friends at UM, and all of my other friends at FSU/UF/northern schools come down here during Thanksgiving/Winter/Spring/Summer breaks. So, I just do not feel like thre is any reason for me to move with my parents up to that area. I feel like there is nothing for me there, at least as of now, for someone as young as me. Practically everything in my life is still tied to Miami, and I am not going to give that up.

The fight we had last week was because I was frustrated about being suddenly thrusted into independence. I am probably going to live with another family member down here, or go to a dorm. But I am not gonna lie, my parents have been there for me all of my life, and it is going to be hard adjusting to life without them. They said that this move would allow them to support me even more financially since they will get to take care of all of their debts, but even then, no $$$ can erase the feeling of family and parental care.

Of course, all my friends are now like "party at your place every weekend right!?!?!?" and my girlfriend will enjoy the peace and quiet. I will like certain things about independence for sure, but damn it is going to be a big adjustment. It's going to feel weird, seeing the house that I have lived in for damn well around 16 years get sold. I moved once before from someplace else in Miami, but I was too young to remember that.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,809

Post#422 » by KingDavid » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Oh my god tannehill has glue on his hands...More mistakes.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#423 » by KingDavid » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:55 pm

OtW wrote:Ugh, IDK how to feel.

This has been brewing for a while, but my dad and my mom felt like they both needed "new experiences", since they have been living in Miami for over 50 years. My dad especially. He feels like there wasn't much opportunity for him to advance here and that "everything in this city has been sucking lately". So, he took initiative finally got a promotion within his company. He was one of the three managers at this store he worked at. Now, he is going up to somewhere up in the West Coast area to where a new store is being built. He will be THE head manager there and get a very nice raise. My mom also recently got another opportunity here, but my dad's opportunity was big enough that she was willing to forego what she got and move with him. They also felt like a move was necessary to help their marriage, since things between them were getting kind of bad down here. Their spark is fading, and their hoping a change of necessary and life will help them.

We got into a fight about it last Tuesday, and while things have calmed down between us, I just hate hearing about it. Obviously, I still love Miami, and being 19, I have not experienced all there is to experience. My education is fully paid for down here. FIU''s Business School is great, and the only Business School that really beats it is UF's iirc, and my parents are still going to be far away from there (I my dad is transferring to some area around Tampa). My girl friend goes to college here, I have friends at UM, and all of my other friends at FSU/UF/northern schools come down here during Thanksgiving/Winter/Spring/Summer breaks. So, I just do not feel like thre is any reason for me to move with my parents up to that area. I feel like there is nothing for me there, at least as of now, for someone as young as me. Practically everything in my life is still tied to Miami, and I am not going to give that up.

The fight we had last week was because I was frustrated about being suddenly thrusted into independence. I am probably going to live with another family member down here, or go to a dorm. But I am not gonna lie, my parents have been there for me all of my life, and it is going to be hard adjusting to life without them. They said that this move would allow them to support me even more financially since they will get to take care of all of their debts, but even then, no $$$ can erase the feeling of family and parental care.

Of course, all my friends are now like "party at your place every weekend right!?!?!?" and my girlfriend will enjoy the peace and quiet. I will like certain things about independence for sure, but damn it is going to be a big adjustment. It's going to feel weird, seeing the house that I have lived in for damn well around 16 years get sold. I moved once before from someplace else in Miami, but I was too young to remember that.
You're 19 fam, you'll get over it. It's a small adjustment at first but you get used to it quick. It's not hard whatsoever if they're still covering you financially AND your schooling is paid for. You can drive up and visit them whenever you feel up to it.
#HEATLifer

HialeahHeatFan
Senior
And1: 767

Post#424 » by HialeahHeatFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:53 pm

KingDavid wrote:

You're 19 fam, you'll get over it. It's a small adjustment at first but you get used to it quick. It's not hard whatsoever if they're still covering you financially AND your schooling is paid for. You can drive up and visit them whenever you feel up to it.

Just like the other poster said youll get over it. I joined the military at 20 years old and did 8 years in the service away from my family and friends. I was stationed all over, including germany. I had the best years of my life abroad. Youll miss them in the begining but youll grow up faster and become independent more responsible. I am back in miami living close to my parents. But those years of independance will forever be some of the best.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RealGM Forums mobile app
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#425 » by KingDavid » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:57 pm

You would think knowing you line isn't the best and you're facing an elite line that you would try your hardest to get rid of the ball as quick as you can, but no Tannehill loves to play keepaway. And when he does throw it, it's overthrown, underthrown, or behind the receiver. Ugh I hope Moreno isn't gone for long. We have ZERO run threat without him.
#HEATLifer

Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#426 » by Zasterror » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:40 pm

KingDavid wrote:You would think knowing you line isn't the best and you're facing an elite line that you would try your hardest to get rid of the ball as quick as you can, but no Tannehill loves to play keepaway. And when he does throw it, it's overthrown, underthrown, or behind the receiver. Ugh I hope Moreno isn't gone for long. We have ZERO run threat without him.

Without Moreno, we are essentially the same team as last season with a slightly motivated Mike Wallace (which Tan will underthrow more than he will complete passes to). The run game will open up the passing game, no matter what offensive design it is, and without Moreno we don't have jack s***. Granted, we played against our worst nightmare in terms of our Off vs. their Def matchup but still...
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#427 » by Wolfy1983 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:00 am

:banghead:

I'm done with Tannehill. The search continues... :nonono:
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#428 » by heat4life » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm

ha ha Dolphins just resigned Daniel Thomas to replace K. Moreno. Talk about going back to last season's offensive issues. :lol:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#429 » by KingDavid » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 pm

heat4life wrote:ha ha Dolphins just resigned Daniel Thomas to replace K. Moreno. Talk about going back to last season's offensive issues. :lol:

:banghead: right back to square one
#HEATLifer

Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#430 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:20 am

digg211 wrote::banghead:

It aint Tannehill. Our Oline is terrible and it will only get a little better when pouncey comes back. I hate to say it but the Bills are a terrible match up for us, they probably have the best Dline in the NFL. Also our linebackers suck, Denzel Perryman for The U could start on the Dolphins right now.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#431 » by KingDavid » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 am

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
digg211 wrote::banghead:

It aint Tannehill. Our Oline is terrible and it will only get a little better when pouncey comes back. I hate to say it but the Bills are a terrible match up for us, they probably have the best Dline in the NFL. Also our linebackers suck, Denzel Perryman for The U could start on the Dolphins right now.

I don't want to jump the gun with the Monday morning QB but Tannehill is still sticking with the ball too long. Jury is still out though. Losing Moreno is huge because now we can't play a balanced game.
#HEATLifer

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#432 » by DefenseWins » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 am

Maybe we expected too much cause they beat the Patriots nicely.

Ha that might be our only win, just like what... 07? Lmao
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#433 » by heat4life » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Nah, I think the Dolphins might be better this season, especially the defense (although those backup LB's have me nervous). Special Teams, a strength last season - took a step back. The offensive line can't be worst than last season (can't it?) but I do agree that without a running game (and we all know D. Thomas is not going to solve anything with his 3.0 average) Tannehill goes from average to bad.

I am still on board with Tannehill getting a couple of games to prove himself. I would like to see the OC get RT to throw from outside the pocket some (he is actually really good at that) and to get him in a rhythm like using the short passing game. We need more screens to RB to help compensate for the bad running game and of course a few attempts (and a prayer) with the long ball just to keep the defense honest.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#434 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:05 pm

heat4life wrote:Nah, I think the Dolphins might be better this season, especially the defense (although those backup LB's have me nervous). Special Teams, a strength last season - took a step back. The offensive line can't be worst than last season (can't it?) but I do agree that without a running game (and we all know D. Thomas is not going to solve anything with his 3.0 average) Tannehill goes from average to bad.

I am still on board with Tannehill getting a couple of games to prove himself. I would like to see the OC get RT to throw from outside the pocket some (he is actually really good at that) and to get him in a rhythm like using the short passing game. We need more screens to RB to help compensate for the bad running game and of course a few attempts (and a prayer) with the long ball just to keep the defense honest.

I agree Tannehill is pretty good when we allow him to operate outside the pocket, My only thing with Tannehill is that he still cant hit Mike Wallace deep. Mike Wallace would easily be a 1000+ 8TD receiver if Tannehill can connect deep with him. Also I cried a little when I heard we resigned D. Thomas.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#435 » by Heat3 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

The part about having your "home" be sold would kind of suck as those things have sentimental value, but It'll be alright. In a couple of years you might have had to move away anyway for a job then what? Get an apartment and learn to be independent. You'll still be have lots of family and friends in the area for support and Tampa isn't that far away. It'll be better than moving to the otherside of the country for a job where you know no one as your first experience in independence. Learn to iron your clothes, pay your bills on time, take out the trash and feed yourself something edible. That's about all there is too it. Everything else you probably already been doing on your own by now...8-)
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#436 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Apparently Lebron got some hair transplants.. lol
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#437 » by ifrosty13 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Apparently Lebron got some hair transplants.. lol

think that's just makeup-ish. He's been seen with it before. Only for important things though lol
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#438 » by HIF » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Can anyone give me a free torrent download site where I can get the dolphin games from?

Cheers
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#439 » by PaulieWal » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:22 pm

HIF wrote:Can anyone give me a free torrent download site where I can get the dolphin games from?

Cheers

Check your PMs.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#440 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:53 am

14-7

Lets go Canes!!!
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat