ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XV

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Random Thoughts XV 

Post#1 » by BFRESH44 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Carry on with posting them Random Thoughts in this bish...
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Re: Random Thoughts XV 

Post#2 » by HeatNation88 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Miami should offer Jordan Hill 3 years but the third year the player option for 16 mill ... 4 mill per year... Is this a realistic deal he can take ???

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#3 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 2:43 am

Joel Anthony still can't catch, shoot or hit a layup!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:12 am

I wonder what would happen if LeBron told Miami "I'll re-sign but only if you sign Bosh and Melo" but I'd rather not play with Wade any more. They'd HAVE to let Wade go right?
Usual Suspects
Sixth Man
And1: 2,185

Post#5 » by Usual Suspects » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:I wonder what would happen if LeBron told Miami "I'll re-sign but only if you sign Bosh and Melo" but I'd rather not play with Wade any more. They'd HAVE to let Wade go right?

If you know anything about Lebron and Wade's relationship, you know he would never do that. Believe it or not, these two are legit friends, not just hanging together at the club friends. They along with Melo used to hang out in each other's rooms late night games of cards during the 2004 Olympics. They've been through too much for Lebrn to do Wade like that.

If anything, he would leave himself, but not without consulting Wade, and making his intentions known.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#6 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 11:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:I wonder what would happen if LeBron told Miami "I'll re-sign but only if you sign Bosh and Melo" but I'd rather not play with Wade any more. They'd HAVE to let Wade go right?

I think on those occasions, no matter who you are, Riley would tell you to go f' yourself. You can talk to Riley, make suggestions and depending on your importance even slight demands. But I could not see anybody pushing Riley around like that.

Aside of the fact that this wouldn't happen and despite Wade's downfall, Wade has too much of a status for us to just dump him like that.

#HeatLifer
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 11:35 am

DWadeno3 wrote:

I think on those occasions, no matter who you are, Riley would tell you to go f' yourself. You can talk to Riley, make suggestions and depending on your importance even slight demands. But I could not see anybody pushing Riley around like that.

Aside of the fact that this wouldn't happen and despite Wade's downfall, Wade has too much of a status for us to just dump him like that.

Interesting. I think the only way he wouldn't do it is if they assured Wade they would give him the same guaranteed money he was going to make but over a longer number of years. He is already going to take a major paycut, most likely close to 50% or so.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#8 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 12:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

Interesting. I think the only way he wouldn't do it is if they assured Wade they would give him the same guaranteed money he was going to make but over a longer number of years. He is already going to take a major paycut, most likely close to 50% or so.

50% would put him in the 9.5 million range, although Wade is a team player, he won't let it drop that far and could still possibly receive more in the open market.

Like I said though, Riley is not a push-over in the management department like 90% of the GMs and/or presidents in the league are.

#HeatLifer
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#9 » by dancing2thabeet » Tue Jul 1, 2014 12:56 pm

I can't believe players who already got paid big time and who earn a ton of money off the court could actually consider whether to take 10 or 15 mil per year if former considerably increased their title chances. It's a no brainer. F*ck those 20 mil per 4 years, seriously.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#10 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:00 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:I can't believe players who already got paid big time and who earn a ton of money off the court could actually consider whether to take 10 or 15 mil per year if former considerably increased their title chances. It's a no brainer. F*ck those 20 mil per 4 years, seriously.

You won't believe how many people these players support.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#11 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:01 pm

MiamiHeatFan6 wrote:Miami should offer Jordan Hill 3 years but the third year the player option for 16 mill ... 4 mill per year... Is this a realistic deal he can take ???

I think he could get more. I would definitely offer him that...
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#12 » by dancing2thabeet » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:09 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:I can't believe players who already got paid big time and who earn a ton of money off the court could actually consider whether to take 10 or 15 mil per year if former considerably increased their title chances. It's a no brainer. F*ck those 20 mil per 4 years, seriously.

You won't believe how many people these players support.

A million?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:42 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

50% would put him in the 9.5 million range, although Wade is a team player, he won't let it drop that far and could still possibly receive more in the open market.

Like I said though, Riley is not a push-over in the management department like 90% of the GMs and/or presidents in the league are.

Yeah, but with what, $61 million in cap space, if LeBron wants the max, that leaves $39 million or so for Bosh, Wade and Haslem. Assuming Bosh gets close to 15, and Haslem gets close to 2, Wade can't get TOO much more if they want to get a couple of decent free agents and then use the MLE. Wade certainly doesn't deserve Bosh money at this point does he?
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#14 » by WD » Tue Jul 1, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm guilty of not watching any of the world cup so far, but I will watch today
OT- Trying to get into "the last ship" on TNT on Sundays
#HEATLifer
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#15 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 10:13 pm

Our defenders are stupid and weak as f***. We're lucky Howard is saving our a**, we should've lost 3-0 in regulation with the chances we gave them.

#HeatLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#16 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jul 1, 2014 11:04 pm

Lmao this team was really bad offensively and defensively

Atleast we made it further than Spain, Italy and England

But man in every game the other team always has possession the most... Things like 60-40

We would have gotten embarrassed by Argentina if we advanced anyway lol

They need to shape up though.... Badly
Jaxon
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#17 » by Jaxon » Wed Jul 2, 2014 6:29 am

Fun fact of the day:

UberFacts @UberFacts · 2h
Marijuana was initially made illegal in 1937 by a man who testified the drug made white women want to be with black men.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#18 » by RJM » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:46 pm

Jaxon wrote:Fun fact of the day:

UberFacts @UberFacts · 2h
Marijuana was initially made illegal in 1937 by a man who testified the drug made white women want to be with black men.

So it's weed's fault white women love me? Oh SURE. BLAME THE BLACK GUY.
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#19 » by HEAT111 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:06 pm

What's your favorite place to eat Fried Rice from?
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#20 » by mopper8 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 9:33 pm

DefenseWins wrote:Lmao this team was really bad offensively and defensively

Atleast we made it further than Spain, Italy and England

But man in every game the other team always has possession the most... Things like 60-40

We would have gotten embarrassed by Argentina if we advanced anyway lol

They need to shape up though.... Badly

Well, Altidore's injury was a big part of that. If Dempsey is playing behind Altidore and Bradley is playing behind him, possession probably would've been a lot different, no?
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.

Return to Miami Heat