ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XV

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Random Thoughts XV 

Post#1721 » by goodboy » Tue May 19, 2015 4:42 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:Marlins same ole ****

Suppose to be a promising year and they fire the manager already. He did something stupid by sitting out guys tho when we were on a win streak and that messed things up... who does that when you are trying to get to .500? In baseball, lmao, early in the season

And yes game of thrones last night was disturbing... I felt disgusted
idk whats the deal with this show. i washed one episode of it and i was bored out of my mind and keep in mind that i'm in to fantasy shows too

Great shows always start off like that, Breaking bad was no different. (though GOAT show imo)

Give it more time, watch a few more and let it build up.
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1722 » by DefenseWins » Tue May 19, 2015 12:33 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:Marlins same ole ****

Suppose to be a promising year and they fire the manager already. He did something stupid by sitting out guys tho when we were on a win streak and that messed things up... who does that when you are trying to get to .500? In baseball, lmao, early in the season

And yes game of thrones last night was disturbing... I felt disgusted
idk whats the deal with this show. i washed one episode of it and i was bored out of my mind and keep in mind that i'm in to fantasy shows too

Lol you have to continue watching it, lots if people die man! haha

Its slow to start, as is every season but this show so far has been unpredictable... Though HBO is now changing some things that happened in the book
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1723 » by heat4life » Tue May 19, 2015 2:13 pm

You have to give shows a chance to develop the story. GoT is a great show and like any great show there are going to be slow episodes that are part of the story and become important at some point later. Example...
Spoiler:
I couldn't understand why the emphasis on showing Margaery walk in on Loras after doing his thing and acting as if it didn't bother her. On the last episode we saw WHY that scene that seemed unnecessary was all that much necessary and put the Queen in jail. I am also calling that Papa Bolton telling Ramsey that he has a son on the way having a much bigger meaning in their relationship at some point later in the season.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Rocky M5
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,379

Post#1724 » by Rocky M5 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Need a new show to binge watch. I consider The Wire as GOAT TV show. Any suggestions ?
Luke Babbit Josh Richardson James Johnson IggieCC is my role model

Let's go Miami Dolp Heat! Aww f*ck it. HEAT!!!

Free $100 if you dont read or hear about this signature
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1725 » by heat4life » Tue May 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Rocky M5 wrote:Need a new show to binge watch. I consider The Wire as GOAT TV show. Any suggestions ?

Of the current shows, House of Cards is a good show. True Detective is worth watching also.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,968

Post#1726 » by eddieheatfan » Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

heat4life wrote:
Rocky M5 wrote:Need a new show to binge watch. I consider The Wire as GOAT TV show. Any suggestions ?

Of the current shows, House of Cards is a good show. True Detective is worth watching also.
house of cards is a pretty good show but last season's writing was kind of weak me thinks.but yeah,i'm also watching the flash,agents of shield,the blacklist,marco polo,daredevil....
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1727 » by goodboy » Tue May 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Game of Thrones
Breaking bad (though I think you've seen it already)
Better Call Saul
House of Cards
Daredevil
True Detective is also pretty dope.
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1728 » by IggieCC » Thu May 21, 2015 6:51 am

HeatWillRise wrote:

Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
House of Cards
Daredevil

Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1729 » by GameTime_3 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 pm

So I'm getting married and starting to get rid of some of the autographs and collectibles...Less room in the house and needing the money....Its crazy how some pieces just bring you back.... LOL
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1730 » by IggieCC » Thu May 21, 2015 4:02 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:So I'm getting married and starting to get rid of some of the autographs and collectibles...Less room in the house and needing the money....Its crazy how some pieces just bring you back.... LOL

Congrats GT3!!! :rock:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1731 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu May 21, 2015 11:38 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:

Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
House of Cards
Daredevil

Adding Hannibal to the list. 8-)
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1732 » by goodboy » Thu May 21, 2015 11:49 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
House of Cards
Daredevil

Adding Hannibal to the list. 8-)

Oh yeah Hannibal is a great show too, starting in about 2 weeks. :D
Bright
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#1733 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Can't wait!

I also loved Sherlock, Sopranos, Fargo and Luther series. Never saw Daredevil though; what is it about and why do you consider it good?
orphicwhip wrote:

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#1734 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 am

RJM wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
RJM wrote:I need to get into that. Law school has ruined me.

Speaking of, how goes it?

Well, I started my first semester of the MBA program this spring and I'm in my second year of the law program. I've been under the weather since last week so I (gasp) missed my Family Law final on Monday. Thankfully I landed a doctor's note so I'll be able to take it next week after my Constitutional Law and Media Relations finals.

Hey, I wondered where this post dissapeared to. :lol:

How did the finals go? How difficult is the study over there? My friend used to study law, but dropped out after 2 years.
orphicwhip wrote:

goodboy
RealGM

Post#1735 » by goodboy » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 am

dancing2thabeet wrote:Can't wait!

I also loved Sherlock, Sopranos, Fargo and Luther series. Never saw Daredevil though; what is it about and why do you consider it good?

Wow, spot on about Sherlock/Fargo, those are some top tier shows as well. I always forget about Sherlock because each season comes once every 2-3 years lol :nonono: I haven't seen Sopranos nor Luther, might check out Luther. Boardwalk Empire I forgot to mention is an another great show too.

Daredevil is probably the best comic book show out right now, It's dark and gritty. You should definitely watch it. You'll be binge watching it on netflix lol. Here's the info on the show itself; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1736 » by goodboy » Fri May 22, 2015 2:19 am

GameTime_3 wrote:So I'm getting married and starting to get rid of some of the autographs and collectibles...Less room in the house and needing the money....Its crazy how some pieces just bring you back.... LOL

Congrats man!

Hope he's invited.

Spoiler:
Bright
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#1737 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri May 22, 2015 10:52 am

HeatWillRise wrote:

Wow, spot on about Sherlock/Fargo, those are some top tier shows as well. I always forget about Sherlock because each season comes once every 2-3 years lol :nonono: I haven't seen Sopranos nor Luther, might check out Luther. Boardwalk Empire I forgot to mention is an another great show too.

Daredevil is probably the best comic book show out right now, It's dark and gritty. You should definitely watch it. You'll be binge watching it on netflix lol. Here's the info on the show itself; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/

Oh, I forgot about Boardwalk Empire too. Do check out Luther, Idris Elba is an amazing actor and supporting cast more than do their job.

Me and my girlfriend watched a couple of episodes of Banshee. While it has really great, badass characters, fast tempo and fight scenes that would rival the hollywood blockbusters, the story seems kinda chewed up and cliché.

Daredevil looks pretty cool, I'll check it out in a week or two. While on a subject of comic book shows, have you watched Gotham?
orphicwhip wrote:

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#1738 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri May 22, 2015 10:54 am

Hey man, congrats! I hope your marriage does/does not Lewis!
orphicwhip wrote:

goodboy
RealGM

Post#1739 » by goodboy » Fri May 22, 2015 6:54 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

Oh, I forgot about Boardwalk Empire too. Do check out Luther, Idris Elba is an amazing actor and supporting cast more than do their job.

Me and my girlfriend watched a couple of episodes of Banshee. While it has really great, badass characters, fast tempo and fight scenes that would rival the hollywood blockbusters, the story seems kinda chewed up and cliché.

Daredevil looks pretty cool, I'll check it out in a week or two. While on a subject of comic book shows, have you watched Gotham?

Yeah I saw Banshee more so of a non-stop action and fast phase as well, seemed like it from the trailers and what not, bad analysis lol but had a feeling the story would be dull.

Yeah Gotham is pretty dope, It's a bit slow from the start though it REALLY picks up near the mid-way through season and near the end. Young Bruce Wayne and Alfred are the best, Alfred is boss in that show. Also has good sighting of vilians in the making when they were young as well, that was pretty cool.
Bright
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#1740 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat May 23, 2015 2:48 pm

I haven't watched Gotham since that little break they had so I have about 4 or 5? more episodes to catch up. It's actually the only comic book/superhero series I ever watched - and I'm not dissapointed. I also liked how they show Enigma, Ivy and others before they become villans, I just wished it would be a bit more subtle. Along with Alfred; Penguin and Miss Smith do a marvelous job with their acting too.

Being an aspiring filmmaker and video editor, I kinda enjoy watching Banshee for their fighting scenography, this **** is amazing

(Spoilers! Stop the video at 3:45 if you want to avoid them)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMHd7-LL1k[/youtube]
orphicwhip wrote:

Return to Miami Heat