ImageImageImage

Official HEAT Summer League Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Official HEAT Summer League Thread 

Post#1 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:24 pm

MIAMI, FL – The Miami HEAT announced today that 2014 NBA draftee Shabazz Napier will join Justin Hamilton and 2013 draftee James Ennis representing the HEAT at both the Orlando Pro Summer League and Samsung NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. Miami HEAT Assistant Coach/Player Development Dan Craig will serve as the Head Coach during summer league play.

Practice sessions will take place in Orlando, beginning on Wednesday, July 2.

The HEAT begins summer league play on Saturday, July 5 in Orlando, and will play five games over the seven-day event, with a championship day being played on the final day of the league, July 11. The team will then head to Las Vegas, with their first game scheduled for Saturday, July 12. The team will play a tournament style schedule, with a champion being crowned on Monday, July 21. At a minimum, the team will play at least five games.

http://www.nba.com/heat/heat-announce-s ... ormation-0
:hug:
Tuff Gong
Starter
And1: 1,163

Re: HEAT Summer League Roster 

Post#2 » by Tuff Gong » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:25 pm

Will watch for Shabazz, Ennis, and Hamilton.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#3 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:28 pm

Excited to see the young guns
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,398

Post#4 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:50 pm

Tuff Gong wrote:Will watch for Shabazz, Ennis, and Hamilton.

They better do well, because the rest of those guys don't even look like they could surprise anyone.

Whatever man, we suck at finding young players. None of the interesting undrafted guys are on that list..There are some great young rebounders and shot blockers out there..I guess we don't bother trying to find gems.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#5 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:06 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Tuff Gong wrote:Will watch for Shabazz, Ennis, and Hamilton.

They better do well, because the rest of those guys don't even look like they could surprise anyone.

Whatever man, we suck at finding young players. None of the interesting undrafted guys are on that list..There are some great young rebounders and shot blockers out there..I guess we don't bother trying to find gems.

The only guy exept the big 3 that could show something is Jerrelle Benimon, maybe as a stretch 4.

Just hoping Napier looks good.
MIA
Banned User
And1: 797

Re: Official HEAT Summer League Thread 

Post#6 » by MIA » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:11 pm

I thought we had Eric Moreland?

Sent from my XT1080 using RealGM Forums mobile app
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#7 » by mopper8 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:21 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote: the rest of those guys don't even look like they could surprise anyone.

wouldn't be much of a surprise if you saw it coming ;)
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#8 » by Prince Ali » Tue Jul 1, 2014 5:23 pm

I hope Riley and em dont feel obligated to keep Hamilton just because they drafted him. Kid hasnt impressed me yet and I dont want to see a roster spot wasted
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#9 » by heat4life » Tue Jul 1, 2014 6:09 pm

The thing with Hamilton is that his shooting and offensive moves are well develop for a 7 footer. It is so intriguing. The questions is if he is athletic enough, quick enough and tough/strong enough to be a regular contributor on offense and defense. IMO, he is worth a look. If we can get us a Michael Doleac/backup center at the least, we can give him a spot on the 15.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#10 » by Zombiesonics » Tue Jul 1, 2014 7:01 pm

intriguing players on that list;
Ronald Roberts Jr- insanely gifted athlete and very strong. He will have a few posters and rebound well in Orlando.

Tyler Johnson- Interesting player , saw a lot of him @ Portsmouth. He will also probably have nice highlights. Wouldn't expect it but can jump out of the gym. very good around the tin just undersized. plays like jared cunningham.

Honeycutt - highly touted coming out of hs, never really got his body there. good shooter with size but defense is meh.

Andre Dawkins- very enigmatic and lackadaisical at times on the court. supremely talented scorer with nba 2 guard size, i wonder if he can get it together. i know he had some issues at duke , not sure what they were. but the guy can fill it up.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,122

Post#11 » by dolphinatik » Tue Jul 1, 2014 9:59 pm

MIA wrote:I thought we had Eric Moreland?

not sure how to link a Tweet but he tweeted he wont be doing the Miami Heat Summer league. Without him in the camp there is nothing else really to look forward to other than our own guys. Jham and Ennis should be able to easily dominate summer league talent so the only thing to watch is Napier.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
MIA
Banned User
And1: 797

Post#12 » by MIA » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:16 am

dolphinatik wrote:
MIA wrote:I thought we had Eric Moreland?

not sure how to link a Tweet but he tweeted he wont be doing the Miami Heat Summer league. Without him in the camp there is nothing else really to look forward to other than our own guys. Jham and Ennis should be able to easily dominate summer league talent so the only thing to watch is Napier.

Damn, was looking forward to watching him... Oh well, Bazz and Ennis will have to do lol

Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#13 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:59 am

Reads like a list of publix employees

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#14 » by RJM » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:21 am

Interesting. Something about Nobel Boungou-Colo reminds me of a cross between Jarvis Varnado and Eric Griffin.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vfj5cCSVI4[/youtube]

Tyler Honeycutt

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLzG7AI5tQ[/youtube]

Scott Suggs

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L06p5uX54CQ[/youtube]

Danilo Barthel - Possesses a similar stroke to Mike Miller. Likes to put it on the floor. Interesting.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt1AQYYMuM0[/youtube]

Andre Dawkins - Kid can really shoot, from what I've managed to gather.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT8IiQBnrh4[/youtube]

As it turns out, Miami might actually have some nice prospects to work with this summer. This should be interesting to watch. Danilo is an intriguing prospect I'd like to see against some of this competition. Good to see that Miami has completely revamped their scouting. Athletic bodies capable of shooting the basketball well.

Who knows, we might have a few diamonds in the rough here. Perhaps some cheap additions.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#15 » by heat4life » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:22 pm

That Nobel Boungou-Colo looks the best out of all those videos if you ask me. Reminds me a bit of Nicolas Batum. Very active, long with range on his shot. Of course this is a highlights video so he is going to look awesome. It would be nice to get an updated scouting report for him to learn more about his BBIQ, passing, handling, defense etc..
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
RJM
General Manager

Post#16 » by RJM » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:37 pm

heat4life wrote:That Nobel Boungou-Colo looks the best out of all those videos if you ask me. Reminds me a bit of Nicolas Batum. Very active, long with range on his shot. Of course this is a highlights video so he is going to look awesome. It would be nice to get an updated scouting report for him to learn more about his BBIQ, passing, handling, defense etc..

That's the best I could find. Some of these guys are hard to comb through. One would assume that if he were absolutely atrocious on defense, he wouldn't be on this team.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#17 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:38 pm

heat4life wrote:That Nobel Boungou-Colo looks the best out of all those videos if you ask me. Reminds me a bit of Nicolas Batum. Very active, long with range on his shot. Of course this is a highlights video so he is going to look awesome. It would be nice to get an updated scouting report for him to learn more about his BBIQ, passing, handling, defense etc..

The guy can't rebound or block shots in the French league, I have no idea where you're getting this Jarvis Varnado/Nicolas Batum stuff.

Wonder why we won't bring Eric Moreland, Jordan Bachynski, Khem Birch or even Patrick young.

It's like we're not even looking at rim protectors/rebounders, which is probably our biggest need going forward.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#18 » by heat4life » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:47 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

The guy can't rebound or block shots in the French league, I have no idea where you're getting this Jarvis Varnado/Nicolas Batum stuff.

Wonder why we won't bring Eric Moreland, Jordan Bachynski, Khem Birch or even Patrick young.

It's like we're not even looking at rim protectors/rebounders, which is probably our biggest need going forward.

I am not pretending to know who this guy is, just stating an opinion based on what I saw on his highlight video. That is why I said on my post that it would be nice to get an updated scouting report on him. If you have watched him play or have such scouting information, I'll take your word for it. Feel free to share with the rest of us.

On a side note, he is also scheduled to play for the Spurs SL team in Las Vegas. I wonder what intrigues them about him.

As for the other players you mentioned, there is a chance that those players were extended invitations by Miami and decided that they had better shots at making other team's rosters. Sometimes you swing and miss. Either way, it is a extremely long shot for any of these guys to make the Heat roster but you never know.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#19 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jul 2, 2014 1:55 pm

^ I hardly even saw the guy, just saw he's 26YO, playes in a meh league in France, doesn't rebound or block shots well (stats), give us zero reasons to think he's an interesting option. He looks more like a scoring SF then a PF. You take away the athletic advantage he has in France and he's a scrub with no upside.
RJM
General Manager

Post#20 » by RJM » Wed Jul 2, 2014 3:48 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:^ I hardly even saw the guy, just saw he's 26YO, playes in a meh league in France, doesn't rebound or block shots well (stats), give us zero reasons to think he's an interesting option. He looks more like a scoring SF then a PF. You take away the athletic advantage he has in France and he's a scrub with no upside.

I wouldn't be so harsh. You were in love with Justin Hamilton just a few months ago. The posts are still there. Relax a bit. That said, let's see what happens when these guys start SL play soon.

Return to Miami Heat