ImageImageImage

The Rashard Lewis appreciation thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

The Rashard Lewis appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by HIF » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:36 am

This is probably going to be a short thread. :D

Thanks Rashard, you were a true vet professional.

You played when you were called upon and you sat without complaining when you weren't.

You had some lows during the season and some highs in the playoffs.

You manned up and stepped up when others didn't, it may not have been enough but if some of the others had stepped up like you we'd have been better.

Thanks for not following Lebron. Good luck at the Mavs. Enjoy the end of your career.

Now I'm on to the next bum.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Re: The Rashard Lewis appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by Heat3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Yep, if everyone else would have stepped up we'd be talking about Rashard like we did of Miller. He had a good playoffs this year.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

BDog
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#3 » by BDog » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Love Rashard, thankful he was on our team. He's an under-appreciated guy, but will no doubt play a key role in Dallas. Best of luck.
Creator & Manager http://www.2mangame.com
Writer for: HotHotHoops.com
Follow me: @brandon_diperno
Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#4 » by Mugiwara » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Thank you for going away.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#5 » by WD » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Lewis, thanks a lot, wish you and your family the best
#HEATLifer
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#6 » by heat4life » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm

What? GameTime3 has not chimed in yet? :lol:

Lewis probably was the most consistent of our role players the last two playoffs series.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#7 » by HIF » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:08 pm

heat4life wrote:What? GameTime3 has not chimed in yet? :lol:

Lewis probably was the most consistent of our role players the last two playoffs series.

I timed it for when he went to bed. :D
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
AlexCRO
Rookie
And1: 667

Post#8 » by AlexCRO » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 pm

all i can say about this scrub is " thanks for nothing "... dont let the door hit you on the way out !
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#9 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Appreciate the services and professionalism, even when he wasn't hitting s***, he did a solid job.

#HeatLifer
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#10 » by orangeparka » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Horrible for 99% of the last two years but had a few really good games in the Playoffs.

Thanks and kinda sucks to see a good vet like that go, but we just have no space for you anymore.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#11 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm

For what we paid him it was nice to see him contribute to some wins this year.

Makes up for not doing anything in the PS last year

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#12 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Not a fan and the 2 years were kinda ehhhh except for the last 2 series he had (throwback Shard right there) - but thanks Shard
:hug:
Tuff Gong
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#13 » by Tuff Gong » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks for being always being ready and being a true professional. I'll never forget the shock and disbelief while watching the job he did on David West in the ECF.

I used to love watching that Ray/Lewis Seattle team.... thought it was cool how they teamed up here after many years and won a title together.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#14 » by mopper8 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Heat3 wrote:Yep, if everyone else would have stepped up we'd be talking about Rashard like we did of Miller. He had a good playoffs this year.

Yeah, it's funny, there's a history of guys like that. Remember Posey? Heat fans hated Posey, he couldn't get a rhythm all year, was supposed to be our new SF version of Eddie Jones and was just always out of sync. He was the Shard/Joel of that 2006 title team in the regular season (Toine was the Mario Chalmers :lol:).

Then he gets in a groove and sinks a bunch of big 3s and plays great in the playoffs and we win a title and all of a sudden everybody loves him.

Battier went through the same thing. Miller went through it. And if everybody else had stepped up to the extent Shard did, we would've won this year too, and he would be in the pantheon of clutch role players who came through big when it counted most and helped us win a title. Instead people are gonna take this opportunity to crap on him.
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#15 » by SweetTouch » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Lewis

Ring on that ass

Kiss the ring youngstas
Stop being so disrespectful.
DivineFury
Sixth Man
And1: 624

Post#16 » by DivineFury » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 pm

This should be a short thread.
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,757

Post#17 » by Run DLC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Good riddance. I still can't believe that Spobot started him in the **** NBA finals.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#18 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you Lewis for making the decision to sign with Mav's.
Thank you for always accepting to sit when called upon and not complaining when you sat.
Thank you for finally hitting shots at season end! *I mean WOW! Everyone who could hit, didn't and Lewis who couldn't hit a jumper all season, was on fire...The Finals were very weird....

Thank you for always making the simple play and instead of trying to make a play for the team.
Thank you for always taking the corner 3 that was found it self hitting row 3; those fans are now renewing because of the experiences they received from being part of the game.
Thank you for making Michael Beasley seem like a future star, I mean, he can't be worse than you? Can he?
Thank you for always giving as little effort on the glass as possible, all those extra shots surely went unnoticed on the +/- sheet.
Thank you for proving that if your tall and you once were a good shooter, that you can always live off that for a 15 yr NBA career!
But most of all! Thank you for making this past season "So Lewis"

and next season because of you, we will have 1 goal! "Lets Not Lewis"
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#19 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:23 pm

mopper8 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:Yep, if everyone else would have stepped up we'd be talking about Rashard like we did of Miller. He had a good playoffs this year.

Yeah, it's funny, there's a history of guys like that. Remember Posey? Heat fans hated Posey, he couldn't get a rhythm all year, was supposed to be our new SF version of Eddie Jones and was just always out of sync. He was the Shard/Joel of that 2006 title team in the regular season (Toine was the Mario Chalmers :lol:).

Then he gets in a groove and sinks a bunch of big 3s and plays great in the playoffs and we win a title and all of a sudden everybody loves him.

Battier went through the same thing. Miller went through it. And if everybody else had stepped up to the extent Shard did, we would've won this year too, and he would be in the pantheon of clutch role players who came through big when it counted most and helped us win a title. Instead people are gonna take this opportunity to crap on him.

To a degree I agree with this. But Posey always brought defense and a swagger to him. But...If everyone hits their shots in the finals like they did in years past, Lewis would be talked about in a different light..but...It didn't happen and we know look at the big picture and its a very ugly picture.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#20 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:28 pm

mopper8 wrote:

Don't get me started on f***ing Toine, dude could sometimes be even more boneheaded than Rio. :lol:

#HeatLifer

Return to Miami Heat