ImageImageImage

Ray Allen

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Riled Up
Senior
And1: 47

Ray Allen 

Post#1 » by Riled Up » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 pm

I saw where Spo said they will wait on Ray Allen, this must mean we retained his Bird rights. If so, couldn't we sign and trade him to the contender of his choice?

Could be a significant way to upgrade our roster.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,739

Re: Ray Allen 

Post#2 » by contract » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

It doesn't mean that we retained his rights. We could always sign him to a vet minimum deal.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#3 » by kyphi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I hope he retires instead. He has his multiple rings.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#4 » by mopper8 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:33 pm

We renounced him a few days ago & no longer have his rights. If Spo is to be taken at his word, then we've likely offered him a vet min deal to return for a year and he hasn't yet said "no" outright. Earlier reports were that he wanted to play with Lebron or retire but maybe now that it's come to it, the reality of moving (to Cleveland, no less) has set in and he's re-thinking that as an option while still having an itch to play. That's all conjecture on my part though.
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#5 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:44 pm

mopper8 wrote:We renounced him a few days ago & no longer have his rights. If Spo is to be taken at his word, then we've likely offered him a vet min deal to return for a year and he hasn't yet said "no" outright. Earlier reports were that he wanted to play with Lebron or retire but maybe now that it's come to it, the reality of moving (to Cleveland, no less) has set in and he's re-thinking that as an option while still having an itch to play. That's all conjecture on my part though.

To me it depends on Wade if he can be FLASH and not simply giving us few flashs.
LeBron's play gives to Ray a lot of position to shoot.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#6 » by Heat3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:07 pm

I doubt he is coming back. IMO it is cleveland or retire.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,074

Post#7 » by Rapaz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Would love to have him back, but he likely will be chasing TWOA up to Cleveland
BDog
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#8 » by BDog » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 pm

I hope he retires, he had a great postseason, but a terrible regular season. Time to hang em up Jesus.
Creator & Manager http://www.2mangame.com
Writer for: HotHotHoops.com
Follow me: @brandon_diperno
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#9 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

He could certainly help us, but i don't think he is coming back. Then again, I didn't think lebron was leaving, so...
contract
RealGM

Post#10 » by contract » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Maroko wrote:To me it depends on Wade if he can be FLASH and not simply giving us few flashs.

This shouldn't be a point of confusion. Flash is dead. The best we can hope for is Flash-lite.

He should be playing off the bench, but obviously that is no longer possible.
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#11 » by heater4life » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Forget Lebron or retirement Ray Ray!!!

One last run, for all the marbles!!!! Keep this championship core alive!!!!!!!!

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#12 » by heat4life » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm

IMO, there are three variables with Ray's choice:

1) Stay in Miami for the minimum where he just purchased a home and contend in the East. He likes the city, family loves it, he likes the team and organization. No Lebron though.

2) Go to Cleveland for the minimum where he can play with his favorite player (Lebron) and contend in the East. It has been mentioned that he likes the Cleveland idea because of Lebron but does he like it enough to play for the minimum?

3) Retire and enjoy his new life in Miami while staying in shape and then sign for whatever money with a championship contender 6 months from now, play for a team of his choice for 3-4 months only.

I think option 3 is more likely and it makes sense. Since it looks like he is destined to a minimum salary, might as well enjoy the family and then take it later on when a contending team needs en experienced shooter with a championship pedigree like Allen.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#13 » by WD » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:57 pm

I am definitely following this move more so than the Miller move(which has been decided)
#HEATLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#14 » by DefenseWins » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

He goes to Cleveland or retires

I don't see another option

He and his family may have no problem going to cleveland for a year, but do you really wanna go through that entire process just for a year? It's not a championship caliber team. It's Lebron and rookies basically. It doesn't seen like ray's type of team but he would do it for Lebron. Though they have a lot of guards, wiggins and waiters are gonna play that position. I guess he can be back up PG, I don't mind Ray dribbling, we all know how great that is. I just looked at their roster and they have 5 SGs, that can't be right...

Also Ray gotta go through with backing up a rookie again like he did in his Boston days and tht didn't fair well with him. Even with that said though I wouldn't be surprised if he goes, who wouldn't wanna play with Lebron.
contract
RealGM

Post#15 » by contract » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:46 pm

DefenseWins wrote:He goes to Cleveland it retires

He and his family may have no problem going to cleveland for a year, but do you really wanna go through that entire process just for a year? It's not a championship caliber team. It's Lebron and rookies basically. It doesn't seen like ray's type of team but he would do it for Lebron. Though they have a lot of guards, wiggins and waiters are gonna play that position. I guess he can be back up PG, I don't mind Ray dribbling, we all know how great that is. I just looked at their roster and they have 5 SGs, that can't be right...

Also Ray gotta go through with backing up a rookie again like he did in his Boston days and tht didn't fair well with him. Even with that said though I wouldn't be surprised if he goes, who wouldn't wanna play with Lebron.

There's also Mike Miller who they just signed.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#16 » by DefenseWins » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

contract wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:He goes to Cleveland or retires

There's also Mike Miller who they just signed.

Miller will play behind Lebron at SF, and wiggins can play both I guess. Miller joining could make Ray more comfortable but it will be interesting to see how the playing time will be. They don't have a back up PG though, unless they have one of their SGs play PG.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#17 » by G.cracker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Option 4. Join Spo's staff as a shooting instructor. It can be argued that we have lost a lot of our development with Spo being elevated to HC. When he was an assistant, he worked all the time with young DWade and others on their shooting mechanics, making them much more reliable. No one on the staff seems to have that skill to pass on. Keeps Ray involved, without the daily grind and keeps him family here and happy (they have started some of their charity work here around their child with autism). Or perhaps even as a player-coach model.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#18 » by orangeparka » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Would love to have him back, as a player or as some part of our organization.
bobly
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#19 » by bobly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 pm

G.cracker wrote:Option 4. Join Spo's staff as a shooting instructor. It can be argued that we have lost a lot of our development with Spo being elevated to HC. When he was an assistant, he worked all the time with young DWade and others on their shooting mechanics, making them much more reliable. No one on the staff seems to have that skill to pass on. Keeps Ray involved, without the daily grind and keeps him family here and happy (they have started some of their charity work here around their child with autism). Or perhaps even as a player-coach model.

Would love for this to happen. I would hope that the Heat already extended this offer should he choose to retire.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#20 » by WD » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 pm

G.cracker wrote:Option 4. Join Spo's staff as a shooting instructor. It can be argued that we have lost a lot of our development with Spo being elevated to HC. When he was an assistant, he worked all the time with young DWade and others on their shooting mechanics, making them much more reliable. No one on the staff seems to have that skill to pass on. Keeps Ray involved, without the daily grind and keeps him family here and happy (they have started some of their charity work here around their child with autism). Or perhaps even as a player-coach model.

Option 5. Signs on for one more year as a player/mentor, then do what you suggested
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat