ImageImageImage

Summer of improvement : Your view

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Summer of improvement : Your view 

Post#1 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm

My Thread - My Rules :

1) Pick a heat player of this season

2) Tell us what you would like to see him improving this summer (3 area)

3) If you agree with what he has been said then And1 instead of quoting and saying "I DEF AGREE WITH YOU..."

4) If you disagree, make your own post and give us your view (No quote !)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Finish at the rim : He has the ability to get to the rim but unfortunatly he is too unconsistent to score in that area

2) Lead the tempo : Now LeBron is gone, i want him to lead the offense and NEVER leave the ball to someone (Wade) take the ball to the other half court and organize the game, you are the point guard !

3) Become a poison : Cole is such a nice guy but on the court he must change and become more like a JJ Barea, he is a great defender but he is not agressive for me, he has the ability and the athleticism to annoy more his opponent

Your turn :D
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,122

Re: Summer of improvement : Your view 

Post#2 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Norris Cole

"I DEF AGREE WITH YOU..." on points 2 and 3. On point 1 I think he needs to know when to go for the rim and when to bckoff, when to use a floater and when to go for a dunk instead of a layup. He should watch Tony Parker who does a great job and being a pest in the paint and not getting his shot stuffed.

my turn.

Dwayne Wade

1) Work on that outside shot : be deadly from midrange, get back to the bank shots you used to use when you were younger, develop a three point game

2) Be about business : no complaining or begging for calls, get back on D, hustle, be that defensive pest that was always around the ball getting steals, stay out of the paint trying to block shots and get back to your man on the perimeter.

3) Setup your teammates - make your teammates better y involving everyone, Wade was great at setting up Shaq, Haslem for his midrange jumper. Wade needs to find a way to incorporate ways to setup everyone on the floor and make them better.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#3 » by number1joker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Bosh

1) Be the "man" again

2) Rebound

3) Be More consistent. Wanna see almost 20 10 every night.
MHeatfan
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#4 » by MHeatfan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Mario Chamlers:

1. DECISION MAKING. He's a good point guard. He's good in big games. But this season in the playoffs he freaking dissapeared. The heat don't need a superstar at point. Play the role that is needed instead of trying to do to much.

2. Shooting. Not a weakness at all but Rio is above average at shooting, I'd like for him to try and turn into a dead eye shooter.

3. Quickness. Idk if this is even possible. Maybe Rio can shed a few pounds. But I'd love to see him a half step quicker next year.
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Coach Spo

1) Making adjustements : When he has one thing in his mind (before a game/series), he doesnt change at all, he prefers dying with his ideas instead of making adjustements

2) Reinvent yourself : Since LeBron is gone, we need a new offensive AND defensive system, he has the summer to think about making Chris Bosh our first option on offense and making Wade back to his rythm.

3) Be respected : Despite an incredible record, he is not so respected by the refs like Pop, Doc or Carlisle for influencing them, he is too nice !
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Post#6 » by HeatNation88 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:43 pm

I'll keep it short and simple

Chris Bosh

1) Rebounding

2) Needs to be aggressive

3) "Must" learn how to defend the paint

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Maroko » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 am

1) Ball handling : If he wants to get to the paint, he has to work that aspect or he will turnover the ball over and over

2) Bulk up :lift:

3) Defense : If he wants to get a chance, he needs to improve his man to man defense, his offense will follow i have no doubt about it.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#8 » by HIF » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:58 am

Birdman

1. Change hairstyle 3 times during the season

2. Develop a slow motion arm/wing flap

3. Get in some opposition faces.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#9 » by DWadeno3 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:17 am

dolphinatik wrote:Norris Cole

"I DEF AGREE WITH YOU..." on points 2 and 3. On point 1 I think he needs to know when to go for the rim and when to bckoff, when to use a floater and when to go for a dunk instead of a layup. He should watch Tony Parker who does a great job and being a pest in the paint and not getting his shot stuffed.

my turn.

Dwayne Wade

1) Work on that outside shot : be deadly from midrange, get back to the bank shots you used to use when you were younger, develop a three point game

2) Be about business : no complaining or begging for calls, get back on D, hustle, be that defensive pest that was always around the ball getting steals, stay out of the paint trying to block shots and get back to your man on the perimeter.

3) Setup your teammates - make your teammates better y involving everyone, Wade was great at setting up Shaq, Haslem for his midrange jumper. Wade needs to find a way to incorporate ways to setup everyone on the floor and make them better.

Point 3 never really left him, it just became less with LeBron being the primary ball handler. If there's one thing I'd like to see from Wade, then it's just him having the mentality of being the go-to-guy again. He seemed so content with taking two or three steps back in many games and we can't afford him being that way now that LeBron is gone. Everything else will fall into place by then. I agree about the three-point range though. At least become solid enough that you can shoot about 35 to 36% on a small amount of attempts, you know, take the open ones.

#HeatLifer
ccameron
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,380

Post#10 » by ccameron » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:52 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
dolphinatik wrote:Norris Cole

my turn.

Dwayne Wade

Point 3 never really left him, it just became less with LeBron being the primary ball handler. If there's one thing I'd like to see from Wade, then it's just him having the mentality of being the go-to-guy again. He seemed so content with taking two or three steps back in many games and we can't afford him being that way now that LeBron is gone. Everything else will fall into place by then. I agree about the three-point range though. At least become solid enough that you can shoot about 35 to 36% on a small amount of attempts, you know, take the open ones.

Exactly this. All I want to see from Wade is the hesitancy gone. It was noticeable when he played well, and when asked what the difference was, he would always say "just being aggressive." I think he felt very limited to do that most of the time with Lebron around, and that in turn meant it was more difficult for him to get into a rythm.

Return to Miami Heat